bigger problem I think.....

laufoofan

Re: bigger problem I think.....

Post by laufoofan » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 9:13 am

We have a disabled board,a CEO that does not know his role or acting his role,players that think they are super star even before they attained that capability and lacking leadership and committment, a lame duck coach, financial difficulties.We are ready to be relocated as the scores each week will not be tolerated.
To change, someone will have to take effective immediate control and who has leadership quality. Someone with financial backing and total say. We have to sort the finances first as no club can function well without the finances required.The current board had their chances, so a broom will have to go through the current board, the CEO has to be replaced, he has failed in his role so is the coach. They could be both a victim of circumstances.We need a strong leader in the forward pack and a leader in the backs.
I think our forward pack is sufficient, so are our backs. We could require a strong leader in both the backs and forwards. We have more than our share of injuries, which needed to be looked into.We have failed as a club, disfunctional on the board level and as a football team, thus our dismayed results. Lacking finances could be the major cause and initial cause of all our woes. Someone like Meriton boss should put a bit more and take control. In return he will get lots of advertising, support from the club, it is a two way street with a bit more financial commitment from him, the West Tigers could be saved and he will have the gratitude of every employee, player and the fan.After the darkest hour, there will be dawn, just wondering where this will come from!!

iofthetigers

Post by iofthetigers » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 9:35 am

I believe our problem is coaching structure.we have 3 inexperienced (nrl) coaches all coming from different systems & none seem to have a focus on technique. If the club believes that either Kidwell (his 1/2 time talk didn't,seem to do anything last night )or Payten are the future then Potter should be stood down immediately to see if the players are willing to play for them. The board needs to be strong & do what is right for the club not public perception (I have had no problem with the board speaking to other coaches.I actually believe it is smart business it shouldn't however not be public knowledge).if Potter is to be the coach then a experienced assistant (like Peter Mullholland)should be hired.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 10:02 am

Harry is racked off already.

You do realise he has said he will only put in until they find another major sponsor.
Chances of that are million to one with performances we are producing.

Harry is from the Balmain side of things and supports Wests Tigers because that is where Balmain is now.
As I understand it he is really put out over the Rozelle Village episode. Elias ran with that ball and Harry (Meriton) was not asked to assist or tender when it started ( would have been up and running by now with Harry). He does all this crap everyday with councils and irate little anti development groups - would have been like falling off a log for Harry.

He's not going to pour in any more money - he's looking at putting in none.

I say that the way to fix the problem is get rid off those at the top and those that do not want to play for the coach - I don't care who they are. You do not let the lunatics take over the asylum.

We have a mad house here already - the idea is to keep sanity in the place. At the moment the only one doing that is Mick Potter.
So the Board goes, Mayer goes, Payton goes, Kidwell goes (great defence coach), Roach goes, Robbie goes (if he doesn't want Mick as coach) and any of the other players who are anti Potter. (No old boys clubs should be tolerated).
Easy as - start again with people who want to be there, have pride in the jumper and will give their all no matter what position they hold down (on or off the field).

Guarantee you won't be beaten by 50 every week.

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 10:31 am

Black'n'White wrote:Our biggest problem is mentality. We have a young team who doesnt deal well with pressure, and the experience we do have on the paddock isnt capable of infecting the younger crew with the fortitude to right the ship.

It isnt at all an unexpected phenomenon seeing the situation we find ourselves in off the field.

Sure there is a little dead wood on the roster, but overall we arent too out-gunned physically or skill-wise. Where we are sorely mis-matched against the rest of the comp is in the fields of strength and conditioning, rehab and sports psychology. A professional sports team needs to be a finely tuned machine, and the truth of the matter is we arent financially capable of providing the support staff necessary to compete.

You can buy all the players you want, though the roster we have rode a wave of confidence to a brilliant start to the season, it wasnt a fluke, it was a mind set. We have most of the cattle necessary to have a good crack, they are just weak between the ears. An error turns into a try, dropsies become infectious, doubt creeps in, and when attitude and self belief hits that point no pep talk at half time can turn them around.
Well put, I agree totally.
We have to address the problem, not the symptoms.
S&C is the place to start.
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 10:36 am

The big problem is we have to have our every member of our best 17 playing at their potential to win football games

Other sides can still win playing on 3 cylinders

We drain ourselves early in the season , then the injuries set in and we get destroyed at the back end of the season

How many times has that happened in our history ??

12 out of 15 seasons or 80% of the time

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 10:39 am

jirskyr wrote:The same forward pack was going gangbusters at season's open, what happened? Same talent, just producing or not producing.
They had our first grade backline, and most importantly Tedesco, to turn metres into opportunities. It didn't always turn into points, but we were in the opposition 20 consistently.
That built confidence, which was essential for such an inexperienced team. When all that started to fall apart, so did the confidence, the structure etc etc
Crush, kill and destroy!

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 10:46 am

stevetiger wrote:
Tbone wrote:I don't buy the sports psychologist crap. More support staff doesn't equate to better performances.
I agree. You just need quality players with a good game plan.
We don't need more support staff.
We need better support staff.
We have quality players. We just need them to be on the field, not in the stands recovering from injuries.
Until, then it's hard to assess the quality of our game plans.
Crush, kill and destroy!

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 10:58 am

guyofthetiger wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:Our biggest problem is mentality. We have a young team who doesnt deal well with pressure, and the experience we do have on the paddock isnt capable of infecting the younger crew with the fortitude to right the ship.

It isnt at all an unexpected phenomenon seeing the situation we find ourselves in off the field.

Sure there is a little dead wood on the roster, but overall we arent too out-gunned physically or skill-wise. Where we are sorely mis-matched against the rest of the comp is in the fields of strength and conditioning, rehab and sports psychology. A professional sports team needs to be a finely tuned machine, and the truth of the matter is we arent financially capable of providing the support staff necessary to compete.

You can buy all the players you want, though the roster we have rode a wave of confidence to a brilliant start to the season, it wasnt a fluke, it was a mind set. We have most of the cattle necessary to have a good crack, they are just weak between the ears. An error turns into a try, dropsies become infectious, doubt creeps in, and when attitude and self belief hits that point no pep talk at half time can turn them around.
Well put, I agree totally.
We have to address the problem, not the symptoms.
S&C is the place to start.
Tim Sheens used to bring in players of the coping with pressure mentality but he got lynched and now we are paying the price.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 11:32 am

I dont know the answer but, I think it will be better when the new Board comes in, Also i like Potter but. the more i think about this the more i think Potter has to go, We cant sack all the Players & their not putting in for him, so i think he has to go & so does Mayer, Kidwell, & Payten & sign a coach like Anthony Griffin. This is only an opinion as @ the moment i dont think we will win another game this season.

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 12:49 pm

Our biggest problem is our team doesn't realise this is all about the fans. If they don't show heart or brains or pride, please don't ask for the fans to show. We seem to be the only club that doesn't have respect for the fans.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 12:58 pm

tigerbenji wrote:I dont know the answer but, I think it will be better when the new Board comes in, Also i like Potter but. the more i think about this the more i think Potter has to go, We cant sack all the Players & their not putting in for him, so i think he has to go & so does Mayer, Kidwell, & Payten & sign a coach like Anthony Griffin. This is only an opinion as @ the moment i dont think we will win another game this season.
Unfortunately, coming from the Broncos, Griffin would have 5 star expectations.
Besides, with everything at his disposal, who's to say Griffin did better with the Broncos, than Potter has done, with a fair bit going against him, with the Tigers...
Crush, kill and destroy!

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 1:01 pm

tigerbenji wrote:I dont know the answer but, I think it will be better when the new Board comes in, Also i like Potter but. the more i think about this the more i think Potter has to go, We cant sack all the Players & their not putting in for him, so i think he has to go & so does Mayer, Kidwell, & Payten & sign a coach like Anthony Griffin. This is only an opinion as @ the moment i dont think we will win another game this season.
Potter will go very soon.

iofthetigers

Post by iofthetigers » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 1:16 pm

We definitely DO NOT want Griffin. He is like Tim Sheens love child, he loves 2nd rowers. How can you play Parker at prop. With the Broncos roster & money they should be winning the comp every year.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 1:49 pm

I do believe that if Mick Potter is moved on, then Daniel Anderson would be the best option for wests tigers
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D