bigger problem I think.....

bp tiger
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

bigger problem I think.....

Unread post by bp tiger » Sat 16 Aug, 2014 10:48 pm

we all know how many backs we have out, but that is about the best forward pack we have at the club and the roosters killed us. So we have our best forward pack, our 1ST choice halfs ( and I know they will get much better next year) and we got killed. The players have given up and that spells good by to mr potter he does not have them behind him and there will be no change next year so, WHO will be the new dcoach it has to be some one from outside the club I hope. so new coach and at least 6 new players needed, all I can say is god help us.

Majere77

Unread post by Majere77 » Sat 16 Aug, 2014 11:14 pm

Agreed.

Whilst our backline is decimated, our forwards are pretty much at full strength and they are just rubbish.

We're at full strength in the forwards too, so there's no excuses.

there's no new blood coming next year to save us, so things aren't going any better.

We'll have more points in us when Tedesco's back, at least for the few games till his next injury.

you can point to things like the souths game earlier in the year all you like but I'm calling it what it was, a fluke.
An ambush they were not prepared for that we could not pull of again.

Club Sandwich
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Club Sandwich » Sat 16 Aug, 2014 11:31 pm

Yep, on yer bike Mr Potter and take Lawrence, Halatau, Lulia, Blair, Rowe and Paterson with you.

So angry at our club at the moment...
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Irvine

Unread post by Irvine » Sat 16 Aug, 2014 11:41 pm

Recruitment needs to be at a higher standard. Can't do anything without a good forward pack.
We could have used a Will Skelton. oh that's right he wasn't good enough.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Aug, 2014 11:46 pm

We need to pay overs to recruit better.

No money
No idea where our base is going to be.
No idea who our coach will be
No idea who the CEO will be.
No idea who's on the board.
No wonder no one wants to come and play for us

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Sat 16 Aug, 2014 11:55 pm

innsaneink wrote:We need to pay overs to recruit better.

No money
I've got an idea... There are 3 teams in the NRL no one wants to join: WT, RAIDERS, SHARKIES... These 3 sides should merge and hand pick the best 25 players from the 3 teams... A pretty competitive team I reckon

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Irvine

Unread post by Irvine » Sat 16 Aug, 2014 11:57 pm

innsaneink wrote:We need to pay overs to recruit better.

No money
We don't need to pay overs. Storm and Manly don't pay overs for their forward pack.
We need someone that can spot talent.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 12:02 am

LOL
Youre not that stupid irvine

guyofthetiger
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by guyofthetiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 12:12 am

The idea that one part of our team is almost full strength, so injuries are no excuse, is perhaps stretching culpability.
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

Eddie

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 12:12 am

were just a bad club, have been since day 1. for 15 years. bar a few streaky months. no one can fix this place.

Black'n'White
Has liked: 7 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 12:32 am

Our biggest problem is mentality. We have a young team who doesnt deal well with pressure, and the experience we do have on the paddock isnt capable of infecting the younger crew with the fortitude to right the ship.

It isnt at all an unexpected phenomenon seeing the situation we find ourselves in off the field.

Sure there is a little dead wood on the roster, but overall we arent too out-gunned physically or skill-wise. Where we are sorely mis-matched against the rest of the comp is in the fields of strength and conditioning, rehab and sports psychology. A professional sports team needs to be a finely tuned machine, and the truth of the matter is we arent financially capable of providing the support staff necessary to compete.

You can buy all the players you want, though the roster we have rode a wave of confidence to a brilliant start to the season, it wasnt a fluke, it was a mind set. We have most of the cattle necessary to have a good crack, they are just weak between the ears. An error turns into a try, dropsies become infectious, doubt creeps in, and when attitude and self belief hits that point no pep talk at half time can turn them around.

jirskyr
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 133 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 4:25 am

The same forward pack was going gangbusters at season's open, what happened? Same talent, just producing or not producing.

Tbone
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Tbone » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 6:05 am

I don't buy the sports psychologist crap. More support staff doesn't equate to better performances. Look at the England cricket team. They had a separate bus for all their support staff. When they were going well they said that was the reason. When they had their bad run, they blamed it partly on having too many support staff confusing the players' minds.

Leadership and commitment is what we are lacking (both on and off the field). Having an entirely new back line every week for most of the year hasn't helped either.

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 8:33 am

jirskyr wrote:The same forward pack was going gangbusters at season's open, what happened? Same talent, just producing or not producing.
Maybe they've all clocked off just waiting for the year to end? It's pretty much the same pack that belted Manly and Souths, doing something we've never seen from our pack.

The last 2 weeks though, is something we've seen plenty of the last couple of years.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 8:49 am

It looks like theyre just going thru the motions.
Probably hard to get yourself up when half the people in the joint are walking round with nooses round their necks.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 8:57 am

Irvine wrote:We don't need to pay overs. Storm and Manly don't pay overs for their forward pack.
We need someone that can spot talent.
Agreed. Letting Koro go to me sums the situation up. You can tell the talent that Koro has and we already had him in our squad.

Keep the players that can win us games now and in the future and recruit where we have gaps without paying overs.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 8:58 am

Tbone wrote:I don't buy the sports psychologist crap. More support staff doesn't equate to better performances.
I agree. You just need quality players with a good game plan.

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 9:11 am

Majere77 wrote:Agreed.

Whilst our backline is decimated, our forwards are pretty much at full strength and they are just rubbish.

We're at full strength in the forwards too, so there's no excuses.

there's no new blood coming next year to save us, so things aren't going any better.

We'll have more points in us when Tedesco's back, at least for the few games till his next injury.

you can point to things like the souths game earlier in the year all you like but I'm calling it what it was, a fluke.
An ambush they were not prepared for that we could not pull of again.
a fluke? so i guess we fluked it against the dogs, and manly and the titans (42-12 or so on the GC). Then after those flukes we pulled off a really great win against canberra with some 14 or 15 players left on the field, held them out for i dont even know how many sets. Allll just massive flukes clearly.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Return to “Round 23: Wests Tigers vs Roosters”