Shattered Lawrence 'embarrassed'

TigersBra

Re: Shattered Lawrence 'embarrassed'

Post by TigersBra » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 11:04 pm

Feel sorry For Lawrence, he's been absolutely horrible for 4-5 games this season, but was easily our best last game. Ran hard, looked dangerous and defended well- compared to his teammates. And he was doing it carrying a 6 week injury.
"In Mick We Trust"

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 11:14 pm

VanillaThunder wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I actually quite liked the look of the combo he had with Moses last night considering last week Moses couldn't land it within 10 metres of him. Perhaps Moses is the key to unlocking something in him.
Moses hits him short on the Hitchcox try and he's over untouched too. Regardless of his speed, he runs great lines and has good hands on crash runs too. A lot of the tries vs Canterbury were scored by his lines drawing in the defenders, Lulia needed as much space as he could get.
He's not the length of the field try scorer he used to be, but I'd wager that Moses would be absolutely stoked to have him running options off him.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
Great post. Couldnt agree more. Not the player he once was but those lines are still good ones.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 11:24 pm

So Lawrence finally has a game where for once he isn't a major liability and this gives him the right to front up and vent his disappointment in the team?
Laughable!

Sure, he played an average game. He was still far from penetrating.

And let me get this straight; he is slagged all year for bad performances and written off forever, now suddenly he has a game which is only slightly better then his standard (which is NSW Cup grade at best) and yet all is forgiven and he is worth keeping in first grade?

I feel sorry for Lawrence as much as the next guy but give me a break!

They say that a drowning man will clutch at a straw. From reading this thread I think that's an understatement.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 11:38 pm

I really don't think Lawrence has been as consistently poor as some people are saying. His bad games have been diabolical (like last week) and he has had a few absolute shockers and negative experiences are more memorable. I'll put my hand up and say that as recently as last week I made a thread saying he had to go, but I was just impacted by a woeful performance. His early season form was mixed. He was our worst performer in a couple of our wins but he was coming good ever since his switch to the right and was really finding some quality efforts until his injury, then he came back 2 weeks early from injury and put in a shocker but bounced back well last night to somehow look good in a horribly beaten side.

I'm not saying he's had a great season, or that "he's back" but if he can make a game like his one last night his average and find a higher gear a few times a season, he'll keep his spot and rightly so.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 11:49 pm

MacDougall wrote: I'm not saying he's had a great season, or that "he's back" but if he can make a game like his one last night his average and find a higher gear a few times a season, he'll keep his spot and rightly so.
I disagree. Even last night he was nowhere near a class centre. Maybe somewhere near a reserve-grade centre but nowhere near the standard we should accept.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 11:58 pm

Well we're going to have to agree to disagree then. I don't think the way last night's game panned out allowed anyone to display anything more than adequacy which he did.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 3:09 am

Yeah Lawrence has had a lot of terrible games and a few decent ones, he was pretty decent this week.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 7:40 am

pHyR3 wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I think you're blurring last season in with this season. Lawrence has had his fair share of good games this year. Nothing totally amazing, and he's had three or so shockers but the majority were reasonably good.
Nothing amazing - code for not good enough.
no. code for decent but not amazing.
Decent, average, whatever you want to call it, not good enough for any team hoping to be a force in the NRL.

The sugar-coating of underperformance and the excuses people often make for our players is hilarious.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 8:14 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:not good enough for any team hoping to be a force in the NRL.
I disagree. You can't have every player being the best in their position. I don't see SKD as being any better than Lawrence.

In saying that Lawrence has had a terrible year and for what he offers us is probably overpaid.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 11:07 am

Thought he had a good game on Sat Night, Yes he has had some bad games but hes not on his own, He is still our No1 centre though & i think Simona is a Winger not a centre.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 11:34 am

stevetiger wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:not good enough for any team hoping to be a force in the NRL.
I disagree. You can't have every player being the best in their position. I don't see SKD as being any better than Lawrence.

In saying that Lawrence has had a terrible year and for what he offers us is probably overpaid.
I'd take SKD over Lawrence any day.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 11:39 am

And by the way Lawrence, you should be 'embarrassed'.

Embarrassed because you play like you do week in, week out and still remain one of our highest paid players. In any other team you'd be punted.
Tigers tragic since 1980.