Shattered Lawrence 'embarrassed'

hobbo

Shattered Lawrence 'embarrassed'

Post by hobbo » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 6:47 pm

foreveratiger wrote:i never recall or wishing so bad that our season would be over , Please put me out of my misery
It can't come soon enough for me either ... At least we won't lose the grand final this year .
:-)

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 6:51 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:i never recall or wishing so bad that our season would be over , Please put me out of my misery
It can't come soon enough for me either ... At least we won't lose the grand final this year .
:-)

When we do get get in we won't lose it ;)
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 7:12 pm

Lawrence seems an intelligent, balanced character. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up a champion coach later in life.

I've seen glimpses of him coming good this season. Considering he was playing injured last night and was best on field for us (other than probably Moses) that's the best sign I've seen from him in three seasons.

I'm still really curious to see where his pace is at right now. A few times earlier in the year I could have sworn he looked like the old Lawrence speed wise but he hasn't been in the clear in a long time. Last time he got in the clear I remember he wouldn't stretch out because of the hammy but his leg speed when running crash lines and taking hit ups looks pretty excellent and his defence was back to solid again last night.

Obviously after last week I was incredibly critical of him, but it would appear he doesn't need to be told because he bounced back very well and picked up where he left off before he got injured.

I've always wondered why Lawrence never gets into dummy half to take angled carries like Hodges does. I reckon he'd wreak havoc if he beat the markers against a retreating defence from a quick play the ball.

Loud tiger

Post by Loud tiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 7:15 pm

So Lawrence is embarrassed hey? We'll now he knows how I feel when I read the paper each week and find out he is not injured. The bloke is a fraud he has been taking money for nothing for about 3 or 4 seasons now.

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 7:20 pm

I can't wait to see the Tigers website with clips of him and/or Galloway talking up our prospects next week. What a joke.

Loud tiger

Post by Loud tiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 7:21 pm

MacDougall wrote:Lawrence seems an intelligent, balanced character. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up a champion coach later in life.

I've seen glimpses of him coming good this season. Considering he was playing injured last night and was best on field for us (other than probably Moses) that's the best sign I've seen from him in three seasons.

I'm still really curious to see where his pace is at right now. A few times earlier in the year I could have sworn he looked like the old Lawrence speed wise but he hasn't been in the clear in a long time. Last time he got in the clear I remember he wouldn't stretch out because of the hammy but his leg speed when running crash lines and taking hit ups looks pretty excellent and his defence was back to solid again last night.

Obviously after last week I was incredibly critical of him, but it would appear he doesn't need to be told because he bounced back very well and picked up where he left off before he got injured.

I've always wondered why Lawrence never gets into dummy half to take angled carries like Hodges does. I reckon he'd wreak havoc if he beat the markers against a retreating defence from a quick play the ball.
You are not serious are you? Lawrence is THE weakest link we have , he rates even below sirronen. Why do some of you guys stick up for these well overrated players,it makes no sense to pat someone on the back for consistently poor performances. Lawrence best on field for tigers last night? Gimme a break we got beaten by a cricket score. When we win and win well and he is best on field then that is when he should be praised. No one should get codons after last nights performance

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 7:24 pm

Sorry mate, Lawrence had a dead set good game last night. We got beaten up the middle. Had nothing to do with him or the rest of the rookie/makeshift backline. Our big boys got roughed up. He's had some shockers this year but you're only as good as your last game.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 9:20 pm

MacDougall wrote:Sorry mate, Lawrence had a dead set good game last night. We got beaten up the middle. Had nothing to do with him or the rest of the rookie/makeshift backline. Our big boys got roughed up. He's had some shockers this year but you're only as good as your last game.
You're only as good as your last game? Not when your strike rate across the season is about three good games and the rest horrible ones.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 9:40 pm

I think you're blurring last season in with this season. Lawrence has had his fair share of good games this year. Nothing totally amazing, and he's had three or so shockers but the majority were reasonably good.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 9:40 pm

MacDougall wrote:Sorry mate, Lawrence had a dead set good game last night. We got beaten up the middle. Had nothing to do with him or the rest of the rookie/makeshift backline. Our big boys got roughed up. He's had some shockers this year but you're only as good as your last game.
I wouldnt go as far as to say he had a good game, he was close to best on park for us, though that isnt the same as having a good game when you saw the rest of the teams performances last night. He played to a standard that should be expected as a veteran professional football player week to week. Not dropping passes, and making tackles isnt a reason to bust out the bubbly.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 9:49 pm

MacDougall wrote:I think you're blurring last season in with this season. Lawrence has had his fair share of good games this year. Nothing totally amazing, and he's had three or so shockers but the majority were reasonably good.
Nothing amazing - code for not good enough.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 9:51 pm

Lol so much pessimism! I didn't say he was MOM or the greatest player of all time. I said he had a good game. What is good to me may not be good to you.

Funny though Austin had much better stats than Lawrence. Maybe you're right and I am actually just shocked that he wasn't awful.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 9:55 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I think you're blurring last season in with this season. Lawrence has had his fair share of good games this year. Nothing totally amazing, and he's had three or so shockers but the majority were reasonably good.
I'd say that only Tedesco, Moses, Brooks, Farah, Woods, Taupau ... maybe Nofoaluma and Richards ... have had "amazing" performances this year. So I guess we should sack every other player then... Lawrence has been better than Simona all season. Let's sack Simona.

Hell John Morris played 300 games and I reckon he put in about 0.81 amazing performances over 300 games. Not every player in the squad can be a worldbeater. Lawrence isn't the old worldbeater Lawrence at the moment, probably never again but he's still the best centre we ran out this season.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 10:06 pm

I wasnt knocking his efforts last night, more the level of praise...

He had a decent enough dig last night and was solid as the game crumbled around him, I suppose he should be commended for that. Though watching the presser I felt for the poor bloke, you could see the emotion... I may be on the bus with those who thinks he isnt up to it at present, but I know he cares and is trying, just wish he could find that balance within his own skin to reach even the best of his now limited potential. I know he has better in him, thats what is so frustrating to watch.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 10:15 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
no. code for decent but not amazing.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 10:16 pm

I actually quite liked the look of the combo he had with Moses last night considering last week Moses couldn't land it within 10 metres of him. Perhaps Moses is the key to unlocking something in him.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 10:49 pm

MacDougall wrote:I actually quite liked the look of the combo he had with Moses last night considering last week Moses couldn't land it within 10 metres of him. Perhaps Moses is the key to unlocking something in him.
Moses hits him short on the Hitchcox try and he's over untouched too. Regardless of his speed, he runs great lines and has good hands on crash runs too. A lot of the tries vs Canterbury were scored by his lines drawing in the defenders, Lulia needed as much space as he could get.
He's not the length of the field try scorer he used to be, but I'd wager that Moses would be absolutely stoked to have him running options off him.

Loud tiger

Post by Loud tiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 11:00 pm

VanillaThunder wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I actually quite liked the look of the combo he had with Moses last night considering last week Moses couldn't land it within 10 metres of him. Perhaps Moses is the key to unlocking something in him.
Moses hits him short on the Hitchcox try and he's over untouched too. Regardless of his speed, he runs great lines and has good hands on crash runs too. A lot of the tries vs Canterbury were scored by his lines drawing in the defenders, Lulia needed as much space as he could get.
He's not the length of the field try scorer he used to be, but I'd wager that Moses would be absolutely stoked to have him running options off him.

Yep that way he can cut him out haha