Shattered Lawrence 'embarrassed'

By Matt Encarnacion, Western Sydney Correspondent

NRL.com

6:30am Sun 17th August, 2014
Print
Decrease Font
Increase Font
RSS
He was celebrating his 150th game milestone, but Wests Tigers centre Chris Lawrence closed out his night by describing his side's 48-4 surrender against the Roosters as "embarrassing".

The Tigers were still a hope of causing an upset when they entered the half-time break down 8-0, but had no answer for a clinical Roosters attack that poured on the points in the second half.

"Pretty tough, pretty disappointing, pretty embarrassing," a miserable Lawrence said post-game.

"I thought first half, we hung in there well. Still made too many mistakes, but I thought we defended our try-line pretty well in the first half.

"Second half we just clocked off. You play top eight teams in good position, they're going to throw good shape at you two or three times in a set.

"We'd account for once and clock off, and not account for the rest of the times. You can't do that. A semi-final type side will throw it at you. It just shows where we're at right now."

Already without a plethora of first-choice players, coach Mick Potter was forced into a staggering 10 changes to the side named last Tuesday, including the disciplining of interchange prop James Gavet for breaking team protocol.

NSW Cup winger Jy Hitchcox was handed his NRL debut and was singled out by Potter after the match as one of the lone bright spots of the night.

"I really thank Jy Hitchcox for making his debut tonight; he got called up in the last minute. I thought he played pretty well," he said.

"If there's a little bright side to the night, I thought he did a good job considering he barely had any training to do anything. He applied himself as well as he possibly could.

"Those other changes that we've got, it's just [that] we're in dire straits with injuries. We played with what we've got. I'm proud of the players for how they apply themselves, but we've got a lot of work to do."

Potter denied the tumultuous events of the past fortnight surrounding captain Robbie Farah were beginning to take its toll on the club.

"It's just where we're at with injuries. We lacked personnel. We've got guys that are playing now that are playing busted," he said.

"That situation where we're really struggling to field a team every week, and most of them are contact injuries. There's nothing we can do about it."

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 7:34 am

When I read the title, i thought he'd be talking about his own performance. But alas, he was talking about the team.

How no one in the media has picked up on just how much of a liability he's become is staggering.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 8:20 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:When I read the title, i thought he'd be talking about his own performance. But alas, he was talking about the team.

How no one in the media has picked up on just how much of a liability he's become is staggering.

Why would he be embarrassed by his own performance last night?
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 8:23 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:When I read the title, i thought he'd be talking about his own performance. But alas, he was talking about the team.

Did you watch the game?

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 8:23 am

GNR is right.
Lawrence is soft, gets walked all over.
I hope for next year, he is gone.
Rubbish player.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 8:28 am

Demps wrote:GNR is right.
Rubbish player.
Demps have you watched the game?

Thats a fair assessment for Chris for most of the year but not last night.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 8:30 am

He was probably our best last night, Rowdy had a good game

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 8:53 am

innsaneink wrote:He was probably our best last night, Rowdy had a good game
Yep - he was great. Looked dangerous in attack and his defence was really good.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 9:27 am

So I'm trying to work out who is playing busted

Add to the list if you like

Lawrence ,Keefy ,Brooks , Farah , possibly Austin , Woods

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 9:28 am

Demps wrote:GNR is right.
Rubbish player.
He has had a bad year but was far and away our best player last night.
His problems have been caused by a loss of his speed combined with poor handling and positioning - and I would be the first to agree it has been his worst year performance wise.
However , if you think he is soft and gets walked all over you are insane - ever watched him take the ball on the burst or tackle anybody?
There are not too many players in our team, if anyone at all, who hits harder.
No problems with this guys heart.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 9:28 am

stevetiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:He was probably our best last night, Rowdy had a good game
Yep - he was great. Looked dangerous in attack and his defence was really good.
Wow :lol:

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 9:29 am

Yep we are so lucky to have him for 2015/16. :)

Good game Lawrence congrats on the 150.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 9:41 am

happy tiger wrote:So I'm trying to work out who is playing busted

Add to the list if you like

Lawrence ,Keefy ,Brooks , Farah , possibly Austin , Woods
They'll still be busted come kick off next year

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 10:09 am

How did the ball boys go?

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 10:12 am

Went well. Put the ball in the right place for the 40/20 quick tap but then Austin stuffed that up too. :)

Magpie Ryan

Post by Magpie Ryan » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 6:07 pm

Chris Lawrence was one our our best on the field last night!
We have much bigger problems on the pitch than Rowdy...

We have a bunch of kids playing out of position and they did well in the first 40 mins and as for the second half,well,i would'nt be surprised if we saw another 40 like that this year.

I understand everyones fustrations but to lay blame on whatever reason,be it a lack of strength and conditioning,the WT board,Robbie or realistically just plain old bad luck (injures),we have to just accept that,

1.Our season is over (was over two weeks ago)
2.Again we have been hit hard by injury,with a young team was always going to hurt.
3.the WT board WILL be sorted out,
4. Mick Potter is gone.(which was handled horribly,a good man who deserved better)
5.we have a good young roster that learned some valuable lessons this year.

Lets look forward to the last few games especially at LO against the tiger sharks and hopefully we can go out on a good win.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 6:37 pm

Magpie Ryan wrote:Chris Lawrence was one our our best on the field last night!
We have much bigger problems on the pitch than Rowdy...

We have a bunch of kids playing out of position and they did well in the first 40 mins and as for the second half,well,i would'nt be surprised if we saw another 40 like that this year.

I understand everyones fustrations but to lay blame on whatever reason,be it a lack of strength and conditioning,the WT board,Robbie or realistically just plain old bad luck (injures),we have to just accept that,

1.Our season is over (was over two weeks ago)
2.Again we have been hit hard by injury,with a young team was always going to hurt.
3.the WT board WILL be sorted out,
4. Mick Potter is gone.(which was handled horribly,a good man who deserved better)
5.we have a good young roster that learned some valuable lessons this year.

Lets look forward to the last few games especially at LO against the tiger sharks and hopefully we can go out on a good win.
Lawrence was very good last night. I do not know what game some of you people were watching last night. He ran hard and straight, hit hard and often and I do not remember him missing any tackles.

As for our teams condition; I thought I was seeing things last night when I saw Sue walking back on side and he looked like he had just run a marathon. He had some mates as well.

Both Sue and Ava do not have any impact on the defensive line and cannot unload to save themselves. Some changes needed next year.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 6:43 pm

i never recall or wishing so bad that our season would be over , Please put me out of my misery
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.