HAVE U NOTICED.......

bp tiger

HAVE U NOTICED.......

Post by bp tiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 11:20 am

Have u noticed that over the last two years are playing style has not changed, we are still playing the same structure that Sheens had us playing two years ago.
E.G. we take it up and turn it back into the ruck, brooks who was not in the sheens era runs across the field and turns a runner into a wall of defenders.
This leads me to ask the question who is running our side, I would have thought Potter would have come with his own structure put it is clear he is still going with sheens mould.
I say this because, u take the eels new coach brad Arthur and what he has brought to there game plan, and they are playing good footy. It is plain to see he brought his own game plan to the eels.
So the up shot is, is Robbie pulling the stings in terms of how we play and if so then this needs to change and for that we need a experience coach who will not allow Robbie to dominate him.
Your thoughts.

littletiger

Post by littletiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 11:25 am

I think the team follows potter plan for a maximum period of one half then revert to sheens style and that's when we get smashed.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 11:44 am

bp tiger wrote:Have u noticed that over the last two years are playing style has not changed, we are still playing the same structure that Sheens had us playing two years ago.
E.G. we take it up and turn it back into the ruck, brooks who was not in the sheens era runs across the field and turns a runner into a wall of defenders.
This leads me to ask the question who is running our side, I would have thought Potter would have come with his own structure put it is clear he is still going with sheens mould.
I say this because, u take the eels new coach brad Arthur and what he has brought to there game plan, and they are playing good footy. It is plain to see he brought his own game plan to the eels.
So the up shot is, is Robbie pulling the stings in terms of how we play and if so then this needs to change and for that we need a experience coach who will not allow Robbie to dominate him.
Your thoughts.
I really believe that Potter is being dominated left right and centre by anybody willing to try. Not a good look for a coach and too late for this particular coach to change.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 12:10 pm

bp tiger wrote:Have u noticed that over the last two years are playing style has not changed, we are still playing the same structure that Sheens had us playing two years ago.
Your thoughts.
I disagree ... Potter has tried to get the team playing normal footy (straight ) but IMO we don't have the grunt or grit or the mental capacity to hang in there and to play like that at the moment . We've seen it a couple of times this year when we beat souths & manly . All of our kids coming through are too small at the moment and until they gain more experience and bulk up I honestly think we should .. ( well it's too late now ) .. Go back to playing off the cuff style (razzle dazzle ) .. Type footy IMO .

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 12:13 pm

It did change and we saw that in the beginning of the year. The last 2 weeks though especially, we've reverted back to our old ways.

I don't know what's gone on with the forwards, but they've lost their way big time.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 12:17 pm

littletiger wrote:I think the team follows potter plan for a maximum period of one half then revert to sheens style and that's when we get smashed.
Makes sense

My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 12:25 pm

Yes I blame Sheens..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 12:45 pm

Yes given about 4 players were coached by Sheens, it is clearly Sheens fault. He is to blame for everything that goes wrong with this side.

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 12:50 pm

It's hard to assess with a completely different team playing every week.
Maybe the structure just falls apart because the team's fallen apart.
Add that to the inexperience of the youngsters...
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 12:55 pm

southerntiger wrote:Yes given about 4 players were coached by Sheens, it is clearly Sheens fault. He is to blame for everything that goes wrong with this side.

Southern tiger I can see your humour. If anything goes wrong, the Wests Tigers fan's way is to blame Sheens. Did we ungrateful souls ever thank him for helping win the premiership in 2005?

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 1:22 pm

Newtown wrote:
southerntiger wrote:Yes given about 4 players were coached by Sheens, it is clearly Sheens fault. He is to blame for everything that goes wrong with this side.

Southern tiger I can see your humour. If anything goes wrong, the Wests Tigers fan's way is to blame Sheens. Did we ungrateful souls ever thank him for helping win the premiership in 2005?
No, he most certainly didn't leave on the note he deserved...
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 2:23 pm

littletiger wrote:I think the team follows potter plan for a maximum period of one half then revert to sheens style and that's when we get smashed.
I don't think it has too much to do with the Sheens legacy.

We often start okay and then get smashed up the guts for a period the middle of games. Have U noticed that it is also generally when Keefy is on the bench, particularly since origin as Wood's form has certainly dropped.

I agree with his haters on here that he is slow as and plods along, however only very rarely are we dominated when he is on the field. It cannot simply be coincidental that our middle gets run roughshod through without him there, and particularly when Blair is beside him for a short period.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 3:08 pm

Tigerdave wrote:It did change and we saw that in the beginning of the year. The last 2 weeks though especially, we've reverted back to our old ways.

I don't know what's gone on with the forwards, but they've lost their way big time.
could it be the retirement of Liam has had a much bigger impact than anticipated. :!:
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 3:10 pm

westTAHger wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:It did change and we saw that in the beginning of the year. The last 2 weeks though especially, we've reverted back to our old ways.

could it be the retirement of Liam has had a much bigger impact than anticipated. :!:
We need real leaders in both playing and coaching ranks.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 3:15 pm

yeh leadership in the forwards might be a massive issue.

farah is bloody hopeless atm. woodsy we thought was ready to be a leader but i think his post SOO hangover is still giving us headaches. blair and haltau are the only other leaders that i think can make a difference.

at the start of the season, they played for each other. everything just seems one out. no line speed, massive holes in the line and no real passion.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 3:16 pm

Actually i disagree, with Sheens we still found the try line. we sucked in Defence big time

With Potter we suck in D and we cant even score tries.. I will go one step further and say with Potter the support players hardly even run as a support person or a dummy runner..

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 5:00 pm

westTAHger wrote:

Anticipated by who -Iknew it would have a massive impact , also last 2 weeks we had Thompson out. For our best starting line up from the start of the year - we were missing 5 backs - Tedesco, Nofoaluma, Simona, Richards, Anasta while in the forwards we had both our 2nd rowers out as well as Gavet missing from the bench. We are missing huge chunks of experience and also quality across the board and that takes any team out of contention

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 17 Aug, 2014 6:52 pm

westTAHger wrote:

Maybe we're missing Liam, he always put in defensively. I wouldn't have expected such a decline though.

Maybe that in culmination with everything else that's gone on.