The real issue

genoshan

The real issue

Unread post by genoshan » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 11:31 am

Noone is playing with any heart. Ok maybe Tapau seems to be putting in, ever the great messiah Robbie Farah is looking like he is out there but would rather be doing something other than leading Wests right now.

The time of excuses over him being dragged into a media mess is over. THe time for excuses over playing and coaching excuses is over.

I watched the first half and 10 mins of the second half and turned it off. The effort being shown on TV was poor. Have some pride and show the fans you want to win it for yourselves and for them.

tigermaniac

Unread post by tigermaniac » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 11:39 am

Mate you've just said what I have felt about Farah. For someone that has felt he needs to justify himself to the world the last few weeks, has shown to heart or desire lately. Never thought I say it but it time to stand up or ship out.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Unread post by smeghead » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 12:42 pm

Played his guts out while sick, topped the tackle count and was our best kicking option.

He may not have had a brilliant game but he played with determination and heart.

andrew 474
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by andrew 474 » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 12:52 pm

Have to agree Robbie has busted one for the team the last 2 games and we got flogged , can't blame him , tapau was good in both , you need to look at the big picture , young kids thrown in , busted players , big list of players out , confidence down a win will lift them , players unsure who will be coach next year , a super pour board of directors who do not no how to run a club , nrl sitting on its hands instead of saying , right you lot are finished as of now and here is the new 3 directors , now you lot get 2 new ones each and get on with it, the whole place is in a real mess and the nrl need to act because this will not fix it self In a week or 2 they need the new directors in place before the season ends , start with the coach , then medical and rehab , sponsors , player retension ect

AmericanHistoryX

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 2:19 pm

oh no - we can't blame Robbie for any of this. He is our fearless leader. Let's look elsewhere - we're wasting our time here.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

supercoach
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by supercoach » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 2:44 pm

Its been said before over the past month, but I am sick of Farah being made out to be the bad guy in every second post. He is basically the only one capable of putting in decent performance at present. He is our best player and their is daylight to the next, get off his back

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by Snake » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 2:56 pm

[quote="supercoach"]Its been said before over the past month, but I am sick of Farah being made out to be the bad guy in every second post. He is basically the only one capable of putting in decent performance at present. He is our best player and their is daylight to the next, get off his back[/quote

The problem with Farah is his influence off the field this is where the damage is done ....For a 30 year old a good player,but I will predict now while he is at this club with so much influence off the field the club will go nowhere ,how long will a new coach last until the man and his henchmen do not like what he wants . These are my observations with what has happened , I have no doubt that Farah's off field antics destroyed the teams run to the finals ....WHY look at the performances since that day!!! Do we really think this is a coincidence .

Tony33

Unread post by Tony33 » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 4:02 pm

Snake wrote:
supercoach wrote:Its been said before over the past month, but I am sick of Farah being made out to be the bad guy in every second post. He is basically the only one capable of putting in decent performance at present. He is our best player and their is daylight to the next, get off his back[/quote

The problem with Farah is his influence off the field this is where the damage is done ....For a 30 year old a good player,but I will predict now while he is at this club with so much influence off the field the club will go nowhere ,how long will a new coach last until the man and his henchmen do not like what he wants . These are my observations with what has happened , I have no doubt that Farah's off field antics destroyed the teams run to the finals ....WHY look at the performances since that day!!! Do we really think this is a coincidence .
I think prior to this season your view would of been justified but this season its clear robbie has taken a backward step both on and off the field. The Players have said multiple times that their job is to play footy not decide who the coach is going to be. The problem is that Robbie suffers from the reputation built prior to this season and is an easy target for the media and us supporters. The players were asked for their opinion as part of a review and they stated that he wasn't the best coach but he had their 100% support. HONESTYY ! Is that not what we want ? What more can they do seriously ?? Robbie's off field antics have little to do with the last month IMO, but instead our management and their lack of professionalism and leadership. A mounting injury toll hasn't helped but our season was effectively over the morning ritchie released his usual dribble before the dragons game.

I seriously can't see why everyone assumes this whole coaching dilemma is somehow the players fault. They were asked their opinion and they gave an honest answer whilst still showing support. What more do they have to do ? If anyone has any substantial proof that robbie or any other player is at fault please enlighten us otherwise put a sock in it for gods sake.

2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

genoshan

Unread post by genoshan » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 4:20 pm

The fact that Robbie is our best player is not in dispute. He truly looks like he is going through the motions, rather than giving us a performance up to the standards expected.

Part of me can understand with all the drama, at the same time, he IS the best player, he is the captain and he is the player i expect all the younger one look to. A lot of responsibility, maybe it is too much for him ? Maybe him not being captain is the answer. I don't know, I do hope he plays to his potential next season, now this season is gone.

AmericanHistoryX

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 4:41 pm

Snake wrote:
supercoach wrote:Its been said before over the past month, but I am sick of Farah being made out to be the bad guy in every second post. He is basically the only one capable of putting in decent performance at present. He is our best player and their is daylight to the next, get off his back[/quote

Thank you Snake "Plisken" for god damn common sense.

MAFIA

Unread post by MAFIA » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 4:56 pm

The robbie bashers are out in force so let's blame him for everything that's gone wrong with this club fair dinkum I would hate to be in the trenchers with you lot so let's get rid of robbie and keep everyone there in the same positions the board the coaches everyone and let's see how we go then

AmericanHistoryX

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 4:59 pm

i second the motion

AmericanHistoryX

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 5:06 pm

Mutiny on the bounty!

hobbo
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 97 times

Unread post by hobbo » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 5:11 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:Mutiny on the bounty!
Lord of the flies ...

EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 5:12 pm

Attack of the killer tomatoes

AmericanHistoryX

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 5:14 pm

robbie farah can play the part of marlon brando

AmericanHistoryX

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 5:14 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
AmericanHistoryX wrote:Mutiny on the bounty!
Lord of the flies ...

with river phoenix?

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 5:22 pm

Tony33 wrote:
Snake wrote:

I think prior to this season your view would of been justified but this season its clear robbie has taken a backward step both on and off the field. The Players have said multiple times that their job is to play footy not decide who the coach is going to be. The problem is that Robbie suffers from the reputation built prior to this season and is an easy target for the media and us supporters. The players were asked for their opinion as part of a review and they stated that he wasn't the best coach but he had their 100% support. HONESTYY ! Is that not what we want ? What more can they do seriously ?? Robbie's off field antics have little to do with the last month IMO, but instead our management and their lack of professionalism and leadership. A mounting injury toll hasn't helped but our season was effectively over the morning ritchie released his usual dribble before the dragons game.

I seriously can't see why everyone assumes this whole coaching dilemma is somehow the players fault. They were asked their opinion and they gave an honest answer whilst still showing support. What more do they have to do ? If anyone has any substantial proof that robbie or any other player is at fault please enlighten us otherwise put a sock in it for gods sake.

Good post, great post, bloody excellent post! Go Tony!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Return to “Round 23: Wests Tigers vs Roosters”