Crowd Figures

genoshan

Crowd Figures

Unread post by genoshan » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 11:51 am

Did anyone mention the low crowd and threaten to not play games at LO if they don'tget bigger crowds ?

I know it was miserable conditions, but playing against a Sydney side in the top 4, if Campbelltown got this small a crowd the forums would be raging and calling for no more games there !!!

hybrid_tiger

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 12:16 pm

Great, more Balmain vs. Wests arguments.

Any wonder our club is a basketcase.

Pierre M7

Unread post by Pierre M7 » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 12:29 pm

It's because LO is the so called 8th wonder of the world :/ lol, noone cares if small crowds attend games there but if it was at Campbelltown then we wouldn't hear the end of it
"One flick and they're gone"

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Unread post by smeghead » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 12:32 pm

genoshan wrote:Did anyone mention the low crowd and threaten to not play games at LO if they don'tget bigger crowds ?

I know it was miserable conditions, but playing against a Sydney side in the top 4, if Campbelltown got this small a crowd the forums would be raging and calling for no more games there !!!
:deadhorse:

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 77 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 12:50 pm

What was the crowd figure out of interest ??

Not that it matters , it will be halved next time we play at LO after watching that garbage

andrew 474
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by andrew 474 » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 12:55 pm

Around 5 k I heard

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 1:18 pm

Have you thought about how many young families were kept at home cause of the rain?
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

genoshan

Unread post by genoshan » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 2:03 pm

I already said the weather was a factor, as it was the game where 6.5k turned up to Campbelltown. I also agree that the weather last night was way worse.

I was pointing out, it didn't even rate a mention, yet it is scrutinised at CO every time the crowd is smaller. How on earth did this become a Wests v Balmain. Nobody mentioned either side of the failing JV ?

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Unread post by smeghead » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 2:58 pm

I will criticise any home crowd at either traditional home whether it is decent weather or not and the team is in form ala the CSS crowd earlier in the season.

Outside of that we have a fickle fan base at the best of times and on the back of an utter flogging by the Cowboys it was always going to be horrific. Playing it at LO on the same night as the Bloodyslow Cup was an idiotic decision from whoever at the NRL pulled the trigger on that one

Tony33

Unread post by Tony33 » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 3:13 pm

genoshan wrote:I already said the weather was a factor, as it was the game where 6.5k turned up to Campbelltown. I also agree that the weather last night was way worse.

I was pointing out, it didn't even rate a mention, yet it is scrutinised at CO every time the crowd is smaller. How on earth did this become a Wests v Balmain. Nobody mentioned either side of the failing JV ?

:roll
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

hybrid_tiger

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 5:16 pm

This is why I can't wait until we play all games at ANZ.

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 77 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 5:18 pm

How can we rate the crowd figures if we don't know what they were ??

gallagher
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 62 times

Unread post by gallagher » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 5:23 pm

foreveratiger wrote:Have you thought about how many young families were kept at home cause of the rain?
Its unfortunate that the club think venues like LO and CSS are good enough for a winter sport. The weather is out of our control but we have options in different venues.

gallagher

Unread post by gallagher » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 5:25 pm

LO ave this year is 13979
CSS ave this year is 9998

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 5:26 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:This is why I can't wait until we play all games at ANZ.
Yeah i agree
This has to be the way for the near future despite how much i love going to Leichardt, It's the only way that we are going to start making a change to this Balmain vs Wests Mentality people have .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 5:27 pm

gallagher wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:Have you thought about how many young families were kept at home cause of the rain?
Its unfortunate that the club think venues like LO and CSS are good enough for a winter sport. The weather is out of our control but we have options in different venues.
You are spot on gallagher

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by Snake » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 5:28 pm

This IMO is one of the biggest and most proactive steps that this club can make..it has been 15 yrs and well and truly time to move on .
One CLUB/ One Team /One Ground this is the bottom line ,if the supporters that have to be pandered to do not like it bad luck fellas!
Souths/Bulldogs did it with great success now it is the Weststigers time to move on and become one entity right across the board .The division of supporters by the club has to stop!

gallagher

Unread post by gallagher » Mon 18 Aug, 2014 5:33 pm

Snake wrote:
This IMO is one of the biggest and most proactive steps that this club can make..it has been 15 yrs and well and truly time to move on .
One CLUB/ One Team /One Ground this is the bottom line ,if the supporters that have to be pandered to do not like it bad luck fellas!
Souths/Bulldogs did it with great success now it is the Weststigers time to move on and become one entity right across the board .The division of supporters by the club has to stop!
Are you sure were ready to make such a bold move?????? Were only about 15 years behind the dogs, shouldnt we wait until were totally bankrupt?

Return to “Round 23: Wests Tigers vs Roosters”