Lulia broken neck season - Woods & Halatau in doubt

NT Tiger

Re: Lulia broken neck season - Woods & Halatau in doubt

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 19 Aug, 2014 5:56 am

All the best Keith. I hope you have a complete recovery.
"Quality Stupidity"

laufoofan

Post by laufoofan » Tue 19 Aug, 2014 5:59 am

There must be an investigation into the injuries alone, something must be drastically wrong with the club to have so many injuries and continuously. Is there something wrong with the diet, the way the players trainned or anything else? We must get to the bottom of this.

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Tue 19 Aug, 2014 6:06 am

MacDougall wrote:Honestly we might as well just let everyone who is injured and/or butthurt sit out. It'd give us a chance to run out a few others to blood them as the NRL would have to give us exemptions lol.

Lawrence, Woods, Halatau, Farah and Brooks can sit down for the season.
We cannot, because of salary cap restrictions! :crazy

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Tue 19 Aug, 2014 12:13 pm

laufoofan wrote:There must be an investigation into the injuries alone, something must be drastically wrong with the club to have so many injuries and continuously. Is there something wrong with the diet, the way the players trainned or anything else? We must get to the bottom of this.
Yes, I agree that we need to do something about keeping up with the latest training technology in order to give our players the best opportunity to play injury free and at their best. Even though this would help our cause, most of of our injuries seem to be from contact and there's nothing that I know of that would help in those cases.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Tue 19 Aug, 2014 12:31 pm

MightyMaggy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Honestly we might as well just let everyone who is injured and/or butthurt sit out. It'd give us a chance to run out a few others to blood them as the NRL would have to give us exemptions lol.

Lawrence, Woods, Halatau, Farah and Brooks can sit down for the season.
We cannot, because of salary cap restrictions! :crazy
I see you read the entire post lol

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 19 Aug, 2014 1:08 pm

FFS! are you bloody kidding me?
you cannot possibly blame the S&C dept. for this. wtf are they supposed to do to strengthen the friggin neck bones? we have had some of the FREAKIEST injuries happen to us this year. bloody unbelievable.

hope there is no SpC damage to lulia and wish him a quick recovery.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

yeti

Post by yeti » Tue 19 Aug, 2014 4:23 pm

First, let me wish Keith all the best for quick and full recovery.
Certainly many of the injuries this year have been freakish. Nonetheless, the problems raised in other posts re our strength and conditioning department need to be addressed.
The state of our current staff and facilities has presumably been part of the Smith review. Hopefully, we'll see recommendations that can be implemented in a timely fashion.

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Wed 20 Aug, 2014 12:21 pm

MacDougall wrote:So hang on. That makes, from our top squad at the start of the year either out injured, playing injured or released.

1. Tedesco
2. Nofoaluma
3. Simona
4. Lawrence (playing injured)
5. Richards
6. Anasta
8. Woods (maybe)
9. Farah (flu)
10. Galloway (playing injured)
11. Thompson
12. Fulton
+
Lulia
Halatau (maybe)
Moltzen
Gavet (stood down)
Koroibete (released)
Murdoch-Masila (released)
Naiyaravaro (released)
+
Nathan Milone
Marion Seve

Any more players I'm forgetting?
Funny how when they play (Anasta, Lulia, Lawrence etc.) they are duds, yet when they are injuried we long for their presence..

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Wed 20 Aug, 2014 12:25 pm

sideline eye wrote:
laufoofan wrote:There must be an investigation into the injuries alone, something must be drastically wrong with the club to have so many injuries and continuously. Is there something wrong with the diet, the way the players trainned or anything else? We must get to the bottom of this.
Yes, I agree that we need to do something about keeping up with the latest training technology in order to give our players the best opportunity to play injury free and at their best. Even though this would help our cause, most of of our injuries seem to be from contact and there's nothing that I know of that would help in those cases.
Without resorting to conspiracy theory, I'd like te club to also have better forensic capabilities - how many players would be playing when they really shouldn't be, from a medical standpoint... - and also when recruting...

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Wed 20 Aug, 2014 4:58 pm

terrible bad luck for Keith.
the most important thing here is the long term health and well being of Keith.
we sometimes forget that footy is just a game.
I would rather see him, take as long as required to get over this injury, then rush back, in an attempt to help the team and suffer further damage.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D