No direction

liltiger

No direction

Unread post by liltiger » Thu 21 Aug, 2014 9:55 pm

I know we are being hammered by injuries but for the life of me I'll never understand why our defence isn't worth even being called paper thin, our attack is absolutly useless it's just one out with no support our set plays are non existent why is it that as soon as we need someone to fill in in a different position they totally forget the fundamentals about how to play the game. I don't know if the lads are carrying niggling injuries or our coaching preparation is no good but our attack is useless and our defence is woefull the team just looks so disjointed I cannot believe after watching that that Patterson spent the week training on the wing. What do you guys think ?

alex

Unread post by alex » Thu 21 Aug, 2014 10:37 pm

The same old things happened in attack tonight. 8th minute we get a scrum 10m out from the Dogs line. Tackle 2, ball goes right, Moses kicks through but Akaoula can't get it. FOR GODS SAKE TIGERS USE THE WHOLE SET AND BUILD PRESSURE. Later in the half... same thing, short ball to Lawrence who puts it down.

The good teams use the whole set, build pressure, if nothing happens, go for a repeat set on the last. I can't remember the last time we did that.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

wd in perth
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by wd in perth » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 1:32 am

I bag Lawrence a lot because he's absolute rubbish, but he didn't put that down. He can't be expected to catch a ball that's thrown behind him. Moses does it all the bloody time - it's a joke. Plenty here were desperate for him, but my god......how many times does he do it? And that break that was made on the 2nd or 3rd tackle and he just throws it away! I almost lost it. Yeah he tries, but he is not anywhere near ready to play first grade yet. Funny thing though, his defence isn't his problem atm. Whatever happened to the promised Moses and Brooks show?

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 7:10 am

wd in perth wrote:I bag Lawrence a lot because he's absolute rubbish, but he didn't put that down. He can't be expected to catch a ball that's thrown behind him. Moses does it all the bloody time - it's a joke. Plenty here were desperate for him, but my god......how many times does he do it? And that break that was made on the 2nd or 3rd tackle and he just throws it away! I almost lost it. Yeah he tries, but he is not anywhere near ready to play first grade yet. Funny thing though, his defence isn't his problem atm. Whatever happened to the promised Moses and Brooks show?
Neither Moses or Brooks [add Sironen to this also] are ready for first grade yet, but unfortunately, it is the only grade of football available for these two. The options are NYC or NSW Cup and there are not gona learn much in either of those competitions, hence why we see kids blooded in NRL 6 months to a year too early.

NSW Cup is like 4th Grade and has completely different structures to NRL. The ARLC needs to address this asap and ensure we see a national reserve grade competition for the players like Mitchell, Luke, & Curtis to be blooded appropriately.

Time to scrap NYC and hand it back to the State Bodies, and put our resources into a Nationa Reserve Grade Competition!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

liltiger

Unread post by liltiger » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 7:47 am

My main concern regarding our up and coming players such as brooks, Moses, sirro, teddy etc is that they're development starts to go backwards because they are not currently in a competitive side they lose confidence pick up injuries and just in general play don't have the forward pack to give them any room to play in. I hope they overcome the current obstacles it will make them much better players in the long run but it's kind of a double edged sword it can work against them aswell

Return to “Round 24: Wests Tigers vs Bulldogs”