brooks& attack

bp tiger
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

brooks& attack

Unread post by bp tiger » Thu 21 Aug, 2014 9:59 pm

our attack is almost now existent but I wonder is it because we only use brooks on the left side of the ruck and when does decided to run he is close to the side line and easy prey for the defence. would love to see him given the whole field to play in, but then that would need a coach to come up with a structure to let that happen and as we have seen potter has no structure what's so ever.

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Thu 21 Aug, 2014 10:14 pm

Potter has our attack too structured....thus stifling the skills of our players.

happy tiger
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 37 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 21 Aug, 2014 10:17 pm

No bodies in motion , we are moving in slow motion , too many changes week to week ,players not even watching where they are passing , playing too flat and too close to the ad line

Take your pick why we are having issues in attack

guyofthetiger
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by guyofthetiger » Thu 21 Aug, 2014 10:21 pm

If only our attacking raids were as sharp as they are on Potter on this forum...
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Thu 21 Aug, 2014 10:26 pm

:bash What we need is a couple of experienced NRL players that can show our team the way forward,the boys seem to get lost on nearly every play,and no one willing to support the ball runner.A good strong forward to help Farrah and Woods and a strong centre to help Books and Moses.POSSESION wins the ball game,cheap turnover gifts the opposition points.....WestsTigers now and forever.
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

guyofthetiger

Unread post by guyofthetiger » Thu 21 Aug, 2014 10:32 pm

A lot of potential late offloads from Blair inside the opp 20 get missed...
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

mtd

Unread post by mtd » Thu 21 Aug, 2014 10:52 pm

we have 9 or 10 players out...
im suprised we can do anything..

Black'n'White
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Thu 21 Aug, 2014 11:14 pm

BP... I would take your opinion seriously, though weeks ago I realised you are a joke. There is no use messing with structure when at the moment we struggle to have players in position doing their job, neverlone those struggling to plug the gaps and well out of their depth.

It would take an exceptionally mentally tough team to deal with the injuries we have dealt with, and mental toughness isnt a virtue a team playing with such a young team is blessed with.

Our castrated board has made no decision on Potter, a situation that has also hamstrung our ability to sign talent. Unless we complete this transaction, we will undoubtedly run into the same affliction we suffer now, a coach without his own team, rot he cannot drive out, and they same clowns beying for blood before changes can see full effect.

magpiecol
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 12:51 pm

guyofthetiger wrote:If only our attacking raids were as sharp as they are on Potter on this forum...
Potter has no idea of attacking or defensive game plans. Do you get it?

diedpretty
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 1:04 pm

I posted this in another post :
we looked so much better in attack when Brooks and Moses played off the cuff - I am beginning to think Farah is stifling an already ordinary attack with his crossfield runs and turning the ball back inside - he needs to get back to early season form and let the kids run the show.

MacDougall
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Sat 23 Aug, 2014 12:43 pm

We look better when Farah just shuffles it on. He has a good kicking game for a hooker, good defence and a great running game but he is not and never has been a great passer. His service has always been average and his playmaking is average too. He needs to play to his strengths. Shuffle the ball to the halves/forwards unless you see an opportunity to run it or put a kick in behind the line. And for the love of God get the hell out of first receiver!

If Farah just played like that maybe he would have a case for being better than Smith because the only thing Smith gets him on is decision making and consistency.

hobbo
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 85 times

Unread post by hobbo » Sat 23 Aug, 2014 1:12 pm

I'd be happier to see farah go elsewhere .
Bring up cherrington ... The way farah died with the ball on the last tackle the other night was disgusting IMO . He's no miracle man , he's just average IMO . Sure he has a good kicking game when he's got time , but more often than not he goes for dumb options on the last play . We witnessed the other week when farah went off their was a slight spark in our attack .. Time to go robbie old mate ....

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sat 23 Aug, 2014 8:50 pm

:master: @magpiecol and your NRL coaching credentials go back how far? If Potter had the first choice squad uninjured you may have seen different results(please feel free to let me know if I have insulted you or I have said something that doesn't suit you.. :D
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Yossarian
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 107 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Sat 23 Aug, 2014 10:14 pm

happy tiger wrote:No bodies in motion , we are moving in slow motion , too many changes week to week ,players not even watching where they are passing , playing too flat and too close to the ad line

Take your pick why we are having issues in attack
I'd say the opposite - too much happening before the game line. But most of the backline is playing out of position and there is bugger all to play for. On the plus side Moses and Brooks are looking good and we have two more games for Moses to get experience playing NRL in the halves. I'm sure if those two had Tedesco, Simona, Nofoaluma etc outside them we'd be looking sharper. It is what it is at the moment.

The defence is a bigger issue. We look like a side playing a half in the centres and second rowers on the wing. You are always going to get exposed in the NRL doing that.

coopy

Unread post by coopy » Sun 24 Aug, 2014 11:45 pm

I am with the OP on this one. IMHO Potter has us too structured and predictable in attack. I was looking forward to see the two young tyros Brooks and Moses cutting teams to shreds with their combination.

The way Potter has them, they never see each other because one is planted on the right and the other on the left. If teams know what to expect, they can easily make defensive plans which nullify our attack.

The same for our edges. Who run very tight corridors.Joey said as much in commentary regarding Sirro. I think we need to be a little more creative and let these two attacking weapons play what they see from time to time.

Understand we injury issues and players not playing in their best positions however I think this more detrimental to our defence than attack.

Perhaps Potter needs to let the reigns go a little.

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Mon 25 Aug, 2014 12:48 am

There is not much you can do as a coach when you cannot put the same backline on the field two games in a row and at times two halves in a row!

I did notice that there aren't many bodies in motion as well though. We seemed to play one out each time and no long passes or side to side movement on the opposition 20.

My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Mon 25 Aug, 2014 7:05 am

Dont blame injuries. We havent had bodies in motion for two years.

Brooks has been, for the most part, very good this year. The one criticism is the lack of development in his options. Still playing low percentage shortball every time. Havent seen much of a long passing game to date.

A lot of work with a half back coach is needed in the offseason for Luke.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Mon 25 Aug, 2014 7:05 am

Dont blame injuries. We havent had bodies in motion for two years.

Brooks has been, for the most part, very good this year. The one criticism is the lack of development in his options. Still playing low percentage shortball every time. Havent seen much of a long passing game to date.

A lot of work with a half back coach is needed in the offseason for Luke.

Return to “Round 24: Wests Tigers vs Bulldogs”