Sitaleki Akauola

willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 70 times

Re: Sitaleki Akauola

Unread post by willow » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 1:08 pm

happy tiger wrote:Only problem might be his body may not carry the extra muscle well , he has that Fulton type frame

Could we be better off trying to get some speed in those legs and turn him into a centre ??
He used to play wing in the NYC before moving to the backrow, but yeah, some serious sprint training could possibly make him an option in the centres.

barra
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by barra » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 1:42 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Only problem might be his body may not carry the extra muscle well , he has that Fulton type frame

Could we be better off trying to get some speed in those legs and turn him into a centre ??
Not so sure about that happy. 192cm and 100kg? That's a pretty solid build. Bigger than most of our squad! If he could add an extra few kgs of muscle to fill out his frame he could be a best of a backrower. His lateral defence may be too suspect to play out wide though.
Sounds like he already has the build for a centre - and a few kilos will come onto that naturally as he gets older. Seems to have a good running style and can get through a gap given half a chance.

Regardless of where he plays he had a great attitude on the field - let's hope we don't dull that like has happened to so many before him...

The Tooth

Unread post by The Tooth » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 2:41 pm

Back rower I reckon. I'd seriously be looking at him over Bodene for the start of next season but he's gotta work on his hands and skill sets a bit more.

Bodene has been reliable but just doesn't look like he's going to break the line unless 2 metres out from the try line.

Obviously Sironen should be the first to be replaced on present form but I see him as part of our future and he needs to be playing with the first graders imo to gain that experience - on that I thought Joey Johns had a valid point last night about wishing Sirro was allowed to roam as a traditional lock forward using his ball playing skills on both edges and up the middle. Combined with the 7, 6, 9,& 1 that could be potent. He is struggling just hitting it up on the left edge atm.

1. Tedesco
6. Moses
7. Brooks
9. Farah
11. Akoula (probably starting off the bench though in the early season)
12. Blair (only because he's still contracted and need to find a spot for him - improved, but still dumb & dumber!)
13. Sironen

Jerry Seinfeld

Unread post by Jerry Seinfeld » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 4:08 pm

Defiant wrote:His best game yet in first grade. I liked it when he took the prop like hit ups in the centre early in the game. Plenty of hard metres.
Funnily enough as good as he was last night his best game was his first game in first grade against parramatta when we beat them during easter at homebush when he was killing it in the backrow with damaging runs and offloads.Such a shame cause Gavet killed it that day too but gavets issues are finding the right headspace.(dont mean to sound condescending to gavet but he would be best off if he saw a psychologist.Its no shame in reality and some of the greatest minds have used psychologists over the years.Just hope those close to Gavet are giving him good advice.He has so much potential as does Sitaleki.Sitaleki should finish the season in first grade.

TigersBra

Unread post by TigersBra » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 4:25 pm

Evan when we were getting dominated, he still returned the ball with energy and did plenty of the hard metres. Good on him! I reckon we did really well last night considering our injuries and off field drama. Most of the tries we conceded were because of Patterson defending against a much faster player in Tim Lafai. All our forwards were also good.

Imagine if we had Teddy, Nofo, Patty, Simona and Kiethy!!!

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
"In Mick We Trust"

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 5:22 pm

He is the sort of player fans like cause he charges hard into the line.

He has had good games this year without doubt, but as also been very disappointing in stretches

I see him as a squad player that could be useful. I still think both Santi and Lovett are far superior players.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 8:44 pm

I like his hard runs but lets be honest he has way too many mistakes in him at this point. He has a lot of work to do to be a first grader.

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 8:47 pm

Winnipeg wrote:Yeah e looks a good talent, especially at second row

Err... Not so much on the wing.

Would live to see him on the dank juice with an extra heap of muscle on him
I dont mind him in the outside backs area, gives him space and time to wind up.
When he plays 2nd row he gets shut down too quick
He just needs a quick wing to compliment him IMO

Reminds me of the TANK (TT) when he played on the edge, hard to handle

hobbo
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 86 times

Unread post by hobbo » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 8:49 pm

stevetiger wrote:I like his hard runs but lets be honest he has way too many mistakes in him at this point. He has a lot of work to do to be a first grader.
Geeeez mate you're a hard task master .. The kids only 22 and was our best out there .

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by willow » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 8:57 pm

Akauola leads the way in Bulldogs loss

Brock Corfe
Fri 22nd August, 03:56PM

A late inclusion to last night’s game at ANZ Stadium, Sitaleki Akauola topped the Wests Tigers metre-count in the 30-10 loss to the Bulldogs – despite starting on the wing.

Akauola made 167 metres from 17 runs and two tackle breaks in what was just his eighth NRL match.

More accustomed to the back row, the Manuwera junior attributed his strong carries from deep inside his own half to helping out the forward pack.

“I was just trying to do the job of a back and get the ball back up field as far as I could,” Akauola said. “That way the forwards can have a big rest.”

“Coming from the forwards, I know what it feels like and it’s so much easier when the backs make those metres for you.”

Akauola recently re-signed with the Wests Tigers for another two seasons and will move into the NRL top 25 squad in 2015.

The 22-year-old joins a host of other young talent to commit to the Wests Tigers beyond this season, including Ava Seumanufagai, David Nofoaluma and Curtis Sironen.

Up there with the most improved Wests Tigers players in 2014, Akauola made his NRL debut in Round 5 last year but failed to appear in the top grade for the remainder of that season.

After training hard during the off-season, Akauola has turned in a strong campaign and will be hoping to finish the year just as strong with the NRL side – followed by a finals campaign with the second-placed NSW Cup team.

“Hopefully we can learn from this game and turn it around next week (against the Raiders),” Akauola said. “There were a few positives to take out of the game and also aspects we will work to improve on.”

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 227 times
Been liked: 348 times

Unread post by Geo. » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 9:36 pm

Akauola recently re-signed with the Wests Tigers for another two seasons and will move into the NRL top 25 squad in 2015.

The 22-year-old joins a host of other young talent to commit to the Wests Tigers beyond this season, including Ava Seumanufagai, David Nofoaluma and Curtis Sironen.

and Tedes...no wait..

Well done Aka ...could be an answer in the centres with a bit of work
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

TigerSJ
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by TigerSJ » Sat 23 Aug, 2014 10:43 am

Not sure if he's a centre - his skill set doesn't quite look up to it (high balls, hands, passing skills etc). He is certainly a goer though and has qualities of enthusiasm and desire that many of our other players lack. I like watching him and I think that he will put on a few kilos naturally in the off season without the need to beef up too much and get slower. If trained properly he will make a great backrow addition to the NRL squad.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 249 times
Been liked: 196 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Fri 24 Jun, 2016 7:52 pm

Sitaleki is off the bench for Penrith tonight

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Sabre » Fri 24 Jun, 2016 10:01 pm

Never really kicked on did he

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 249 times
Been liked: 196 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Fri 24 Jun, 2016 10:04 pm

I watched the game but didn't see him

Nelson
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 69 times

Unread post by Nelson » Fri 24 Jun, 2016 10:08 pm

innsaneink wrote:I watched the game but didn't see him
He played 11 minutes, there wasn't much to see.

Return to “Round 24: Wests Tigers vs Bulldogs”