Mathew Lodge

Irvine

Re: Mathew Lodge

Unread post by Irvine » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 12:54 pm

magpiecol wrote:
king sirro wrote:What about Rabs' comment at the start of the game.....saying that Potter picking Lodge just shows how bad our injury crisis is, but no offence to Lodge...

lol...what an old fool he is. Doesnt realise he's a kid that has a huge future. But dont let that stop u from making a comment that league fans that are not Tiger fans think Lodge is average. His family would hate hearing that comment...disrespectful IMO
Wally Lewis ( I think ) said that Lodge was "some player". Good wrap from the King.
Not sure why Wally rates him so highly. Probably because he heard about and that word on his wrist and that Lodge made NSW 20's. I doubt Wally would have seen more than one game he has played.

Tigersmurf
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Tigersmurf » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 12:59 pm

I am pretty confident he was signed for the remainder of 2014 and 2015. He needs to be signed for longer IMO, three year deal at least.

willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 68 times

Unread post by willow » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 1:05 pm

Pretty sure we have him for another couple of years. Good prospect from what I've seen. He has a pretty good engine and is mobile. He'll be one to watch next year with a good offseason under his belt.

VanillaThunder
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by VanillaThunder » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 1:39 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:I am pretty confident he was signed for the remainder of 2014 and 2015. He needs to be signed for longer IMO, three year deal at least.
That's pretty hard when we reportedly signed him on the back off a carpark dust-up with his coach. It'd be sending the wrong message to offer up a three year deal after that, regardless of potential.
He definitely deserves an extension, and a long term one at that, but we made the right move with the initial signing.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

barra
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by barra » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 1:52 pm

Would like him to see him take the line on more rather than looking for an offload so often.

But that being said, he does show massive potential and is the best young prop prospect we have so I hope to see him running around in our NRL squad next year.

Tiger Tees

Unread post by Tiger Tees » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 2:54 pm

My info is there was no dust up between Lodge and his coach in Melbourne, just home sick...social media beat up! We SHOULD sign this kid for the next few years ASAP, great prospect!

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 24 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 3:36 pm

We signed him til the end of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an option in the club's favour for one more year though. I'd sign him til the end of 2016 at this stage. He won't want any more than that as i'm sure he'll think his value will be much higher by then too!

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 6:39 pm

Good player. Potential exceeds any front rower in the club including Woods.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by southerntiger » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 6:40 pm

Irvine wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
king sirro wrote:What about Rabs' comment at the start of the game.....saying that Potter picking Lodge just shows how bad our injury crisis is, but no offence to Lodge...

lol...what an old fool he is. Doesnt realise he's a kid that has a huge future. But dont let that stop u from making a comment that league fans that are not Tiger fans think Lodge is average. His family would hate hearing that comment...disrespectful IMO
Wally Lewis ( I think ) said that Lodge was "some player". Good wrap from the King.
Not sure why Wally rates him so highly. Probably because he heard about and that word on his wrist and that Lodge made NSW 20's. I doubt Wally would have seen more than one game he has played.
Wally is a big follower of juniors. Sees more than most commentators.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by southerntiger » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 6:40 pm

Irvine wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

Wally is a big follower of juniors. Sees more than most commentators.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by southerntiger » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 6:42 pm

willow wrote:Pretty sure we have him for another couple of years. Good prospect from what I've seen. He has a pretty good engine and is mobile. He'll be one to watch next year with a good offseason under his belt.
Thats what I thought. Initially for a year but with options.

Snake
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by Snake » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 7:08 pm

barra wrote:Would like him to see him take the line on more rather than looking for an offload so often.

But that being said, he does show massive potential and is the best young prop prospect we have so I hope to see him running around in our NRL squad next year.
I honestly hope that the off load is not coached out of him ,nothing beats a prop with an off load unfortunately Woods has lost this side of his game and I think that is a bad thing. .

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 7:14 pm

Snake wrote:
barra wrote:Would like him to see him take the line on more rather than looking for an offload so often.

I honestly hope that the off load is not coached out of him ,nothing beats a prop with an off load unfortunately Woods has lost this side of his game and I think that is a bad thing. .

And didnt we do the same with Gareth Ellis ? He was brilliant at offloading till he started playing for us .
Ball security my backside, every other team offloads while we are still committed in the tackle.

No issues with his offloads, when you compare Blair who reverses and runs and hangs onto the ball and goes no where.

Irvine

Unread post by Irvine » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 7:19 pm

VanillaThunder wrote:
Tigersmurf wrote:I am pretty confident he was signed for the remainder of 2014 and 2015. He needs to be signed for longer IMO, three year deal at least.
That's pretty hard when we reportedly signed him on the back off a carpark dust-up with his coach. It'd be sending the wrong message to offer up a three year deal after that, regardless of potential.
He definitely deserves an extension, and a long term one at that, but we made the right move with the initial signing.

I don't know about dust-up but lets just say Bellamy was not a fan.
Another bargain basement signing who is talked up to be the next big thing..hello Matt Groat and the Next big thing ... John Grant.

coopy

Unread post by coopy » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 7:25 pm

I like Lodge. Big motor, good footwork and passing game. He is a keeper! (although I don't know if I agree with him being another Woodsy just quite yet).

Touch of irony though....how many Storm fans would be giving it to their club for letting him go. Bit like us giving to WT for letting go Koro.

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 7:43 pm

Still very young but he looks interesting so far...

As he grows, I sence he will become won of those Props who will hit the line hard and not be afraid to put on a few hits.

Reminds me of McGuire from the Broncos
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Tigrr
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Tigrr » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 8:01 pm

I thought Buchanan looked bigger and better last night also

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 8:38 pm

Tigrr wrote:I thought Buchanan looked bigger and better last night also
He might have but he still couldnt punch holes like Ava and Sue

I thought he would go places when we signed him a couple of years ago but the kid still hasnt
Not much better than BMM and Groat sadly

Return to “Round 24: Wests Tigers vs Bulldogs”