willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 68 times

Re: Mathew Lodge

Unread post by willow » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 9:06 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Tigrr wrote:I thought Buchanan looked bigger and better last night also
He might have but he still couldnt punch holes like Ava and Sue

I thought he would go places when we signed him a couple of years ago but the kid still hasnt
Not much better than BMM and Groat sadly
He has put on weight but still plods along out there, the poor bloke just has no leg speed.

TigerSJ
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by TigerSJ » Sat 23 Aug, 2014 10:56 am

willow wrote:
Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Tigrr wrote:I thought Buchanan looked bigger and better last night also
He might have but he still couldnt punch holes like Ava and Sue

I thought he would go places when we signed him a couple of years ago but the kid still hasnt
Not much better than BMM and Groat sadly
He has put on weight but still plods along out there, the poor bloke just has no leg speed.
I'm with you guys - Buchanan just hasn't got the goods for mine. Lodge on the other hand does look like he could develop into a great front rower. I hope Gavet gets himself sorted as he has great potential in our rotation as well. Woods, Taupau, Lodge, Ava, Gavet and Brown are the future up front!

Milky
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Milky » Sat 23 Aug, 2014 11:17 am

Buchanan is improving, he will be something in the future. He racked up over 100m against Dogs & Over 100 against chooks after already playing against Jets I believe.

He has the right attitude and I think he will be one of those players who take a while to kick on.

Brown on the other hand is fat, lazy and has crap defense. He needs to pickup his game, soon.

We need to sign Mason, he will give us one good year on the field then plenty of good years off the field. Would love to have him firing up our boys.

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sat 23 Aug, 2014 11:39 am

Lodge needs more legspeed as well. He will tear teams apart for 80-100m in 20 minutes if he can keep pumping AFTER contact with the line. Thats something that players like Akaula and Woods have.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Russell
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 118 times

Unread post by Russell » Sat 23 Aug, 2014 11:47 am

Milky wrote:Buchanan is improving, he will be something in the future. He racked up over 100m against Dogs & Over 100 against chooks after already playing against Jets I believe.

He has the right attitude and I think he will be one of those players who take a while to kick on.

Brown on the other hand is fat, lazy and has crap defense. He needs to pickup his game, soon.

We need to sign Mason, he will give us one good year on the field then plenty of good years off the field. Would love to have him firing up our boys.
Don't believe Mason has anything to offer - apart from taking up salary cap space.
Has even less to offer off the field IMO.

Return to “Round 24: Wests Tigers vs Bulldogs”