Injuries

BodhiTiger

Injuries

Post by BodhiTiger » Sat 23 Aug, 2014 1:43 am

Did it stand out to anybody else in last nights game that half the team pulled up with cramps and our very young half back runs 70 meters full pace and pulls up injured.

I know it was wet, cold and we done a lot more work than the Bulldogs, but for half the team to be pulling up with cramps this must be a real concern for the conditioning staff of the team.
I'm not seeing any other teams with this amount of players all pulling up like this in one game.
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 23 Aug, 2014 4:16 am

As I said in the live thread sometimes when the temperature drops really quickly it can cause players to get cramps

I'm from Ipswich and it can drop from the mid to low twenties to the low teens in the space of an hour in the late afternoon during winter

Speaking from experience I can remember a couple of times cramping up late in afternoons game because of the changing weather

Something to do with the build up lactic acid and salt levels in your body and the drop in temperature all combined

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Sat 23 Aug, 2014 9:12 am

BodhiTiger wrote:Did it stand out to anybody else in last nights game that half the team pulled up with cramps and our very young half back runs 70 meters full pace and pulls up injured.

I know it was wet, cold and we done a lot more work than the Bulldogs, but for half the team to be pulling up with cramps this must be a real concern for the conditioning staff of the team.
I'm not seeing any other teams with this amount of players all pulling up like this in one game.
Prob this and the weather change
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sat 23 Aug, 2014 9:18 am

happy tiger wrote:As I said in the live thread sometimes when the temperature drops really quickly it can cause players to get cramps

I'm from Ipswich and it can drop from the mid to low twenties to the low teens in the space of an hour in the late afternoon during winter

Speaking from experience I can remember a couple of times cramping up late in afternoons game because of the changing weather

Something to do with the build up lactic acid and salt levels in your body and the drop in temperature all combined
That's true - but as Bodhi is suggesting it all seemed one way - maybe Des has brought some pigs blood with him to the dogs or maybe our strength and conditioning regime is outdated and in need of a complete overhaul.

beachtiger

Post by beachtiger » Sat 23 Aug, 2014 9:37 am

I think it had more to do with weight of possession in the match on a heavy track. Deep into the first half the dogs had around 65% possession and ended up overall match possession of 57%.

That amount of defence takes it out of the players and with the track being so heavy I'm not surprised in the cramping and it possibly contributing to Brooks injury.

:sign: