Congrats to Brenden Santi and Asipeli Fine

pacman
Member
Member
Posts: 375
Joined: Sun 07 Jul, 2013 8:59 pm

Congrats to Brenden Santi and Asipeli Fine

Post by pacman » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 1:55 pm

Both will debut today for the NRL side.


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28983
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 2:08 pm

Good luck to both of them....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
Bazzinator
Member
Member
Posts: 1239
Joined: Tue 09 Feb, 2010 8:18 pm

Post by Bazzinator » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 2:24 pm

Manaia Cherrington a chance as well after not being named in the NYC team

But congratulations to both Santi and Fine lets see what they can do on the big stage

pacman
Member
Member
Posts: 375
Joined: Sun 07 Jul, 2013 8:59 pm

Post by pacman » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 2:36 pm

Bazzinator wrote:Manaia Cherrington a chance as well after not being named in the NYC team

But congratulations to both Santi and Fine lets see what they can do on the big stage
This is true

GoldXR50Leroy
Member
Member
Posts: 1848
Joined: Tue 31 May, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 2:46 pm

Players on debut for the Tigers invariably have a big game with many of them bagging a try in their 1st game.


gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5040
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 3:29 pm

Do we know whos out?

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7974
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 4:28 pm

gallagher wrote:Do we know whos out?
im guessing paterson and buchanan.. not sure if farah is out or not?
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6899
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 4:34 pm

Image

User avatar
NJLM78
Member
Member
Posts: 2693
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by NJLM78 » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 4:50 pm

Congratulations to both players! Looking forward to seeing them play.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28459
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 5:09 pm

Yes
Congrtas to Brendan
Congrats to Asipeli

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7946
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 7:29 pm

How good did Fine look. And yet we were stuck running out the likes of Lulia, Akauola and Thompson in the centres throughout the year.

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40151
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 7:33 pm

MacDougall wrote:How good did Fine look. And yet we were stuck running out the likes of Lulia, Akauola and Thompson in the centres throughout the year.
Defensively Fine was a ticking time bomb every time they went to Fine's side , he looked a bit like Koroibete stuck in no mans land

Santi impressed me more to be honest , he added some speed to our forwards and we got a couple of quick play the balls off his hit ups

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 7:38 pm

I like the look of Fine. One game isn't enough to judge but he looked good.

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40151
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 7:43 pm

stevetiger wrote:I like the look of Fine. One game isn't enough to judge but he looked good.
No that's true Steve but he needs to do a massive amount of work on his defence and that is the hardest thing in the NRL

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7946
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 7:58 pm

happy tiger wrote:
MacDougall wrote:How good did Fine look. And yet we were stuck running out the likes of Lulia, Akauola and Thompson in the centres throughout the year.
Defensively Fine was a ticking time bomb every time they went to Fine's side , he looked a bit like Koroibete stuck in no mans land

Santi impressed me more to be honest , he added some speed to our forwards and we got a couple of quick play the balls off his hit ups
I didn't get that impression from his defence. The whole situation in his side of the field looked way more firm than before. Maybe I missed it but I only noticed him making tackles, not missing them.

Pokies
Member
Member
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu 24 Sep, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by Pokies » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 8:06 pm

Don't worry about Fines defence, how about the seasoned superstar on the other side of the field that let Croker in untouched.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40151
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 8:19 pm

MacDougall wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
MacDougall wrote:How good did Fine look. And yet we were stuck running out the likes of Lulia, Akauola and Thompson in the centres throughout the year.
Defensively Fine was a ticking time bomb every time they went to Fine's side , he looked a bit like Koroibete stuck in no mans land

Santi impressed me more to be honest , he added some speed to our forwards and we got a couple of quick play the balls off his hit ups
I didn't get that impression from his defence. The whole situation in his side of the field looked way more firm than before. Maybe I missed it but I only noticed him making tackles, not missing them.
Watch the 1st half again Mac

They got very lucky on a few occasions

I'll give him another chance , don't get me wrong but he needs work

User avatar
Black'n'White
Member
Member
Posts: 1895
Joined: Sat 02 Mar, 2013 6:52 pm

Post by Black'n'White » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 8:25 pm

happy tiger wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
MacDougall wrote:How good did Fine look. And yet we were stuck running out the likes of Lulia, Akauola and Thompson in the centres throughout the year.
Defensively Fine was a ticking time bomb every time they went to Fine's side , he looked a bit like Koroibete stuck in no mans land

Santi impressed me more to be honest , he added some speed to our forwards and we got a couple of quick play the balls off his hit ups
I didn't get that impression from his defence. The whole situation in his side of the field looked way more firm than before. Maybe I missed it but I only noticed him making tackles, not missing them.
Watch the 1st half again Mac

They got very lucky on a few occasions

I'll give him another chance , don't get me wrong but he needs work
Fine had a fair enough debut, and obviously needs work, though I doubt there are too many punters that would pick Lawrence in front of him. Thats a positive.

Post Reply