Austin deserves the six jersey

MacDougall

Austin deserves the six jersey

Post by MacDougall » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 6:29 pm

After this season I think most would agree that Blake Austin has been our best performer on average across the entire year (Aside from Woods). If he is jumped by Moses and Brooks it'd be pretty unfair favouritism. I think he has won that jersey.

To be honest I think that Moses has jumped Brooks as well based mostly on his defence. They are both sharp in attack but Moses is a superior defender at this point. I would run with Austin/Moses to start next season with Brooks to work on his defence in NSW Cup.

Thoughts?

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 6:49 pm

He is a good footballer, but the other two are playmakers with heaps of potential. Austin to train at centre over the off season for mine.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 6:53 pm

Sorry potential is nice but I'd rather win games now. Let them develop in the leagues designed for that purpose.

Phoenixtigers18

Post by Phoenixtigers18 » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 6:57 pm

Blake has been by far our most consistent and biggest threat all year. I'd love to see him bulk up and play lock in the future.
1. Teddy
6. Moses
7. Brooks
9. Farah
13. Brooks
Now that will give us some attack, the halves defence will only get better with age and size. One another note Fine looks up to this standard

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 6:57 pm

MacDougall wrote:After this season I think most would agree that Blake Austin has been our best performer on average across the entire year (Aside from Woods). If he is jumped by Moses and Brooks it'd be pretty unfair favouritism. I think he has won that jersey.

To be honest I think that Moses has jumped Brooks as well based mostly on his defence. They are both sharp in attack but Moses is a superior defender at this point. I would run with Austin/Moses to start next season with Brooks to work on his defence in NSW Cup.

Thoughts?
The most sensible thing I've read on here all year.
If anyone on this forum can't see that Blake is our best option at 6 and also is our most dangerous attacking player then you should dead set give up watching footy.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 7:01 pm

Austin is definitely one of our most potent attacking weapons. I can't believe the talk about shifting him here or there he has won his spot, full stop.
"Quality Stupidity"

Blake93

Post by Blake93 » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 7:02 pm

Woods, Farah, Ava, Thompson, Richards, Brooks have all been better than Austin throughout the year. Austin has HUGE potential as a ball runner but his still set is too limited to be a permanent fixture in the halves. Super-sub, IMO, is the best position for him. He can ignite us in the ruck if Farah is down or needs a rest defensively and play well anywhere 1-7.

Side note on Ava: I think he's our most improved player this year along with Thompson

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learnt the secret of life.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 7:10 pm

MacDougall wrote:Sorry potential is nice but I'd rather win games now. Let them develop in the leagues designed for that purpose.
Maybe I should have been more specific. I think they already have Blake covered as playmakers, as he is primarily a runner.

Their potential is another matter, with either or both of them reaching the top levels of the game within a few years.

Lukic

Post by Lukic » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 7:10 pm

Some of you guys speak as though Austin has no potential.

He's still only 23, barely played first grade before coming here and even less at 5/8th.

He's got speed, size and strength that Moses and Brooks unfortunately will never has and is a better defender than both of them. He's got a great footballing mind and from the way he carries himself on the field and off it, has future captain written all over him.

And just as I post that he almost scores another amazing try.

The media talk up Brooks and Moses as a future NSW halves pairing, but if Blake Austin gets a fair go of it at any club (hopefully ours) at 5/8th, he's going to be there.

For me, he's one of the first picked in the line-up altogether. Moses to fullback, Tedesco to the centres.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 7:16 pm

Nailed it.

DonnyBrasco

Post by DonnyBrasco » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 7:20 pm

If he is smart, he will leave and go to a side where the rest of the players put in as much as he does.

Tigers for 2022!

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 7:21 pm

Yep, it looks like he being overlooked by others for no real reason except expectation.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 7:23 pm

Austin should be captain next season. Let Robbie just concentrate on his footy from next season onwards. Austin is an absolute whole-hearted player and our best this season. He is one player that can be very proud of his performances this year. Seems like a very level headed and confident bloke, speaks well to the media and seems to have little ego about him. Captain material.

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Sabre » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 7:24 pm

DonnyBrasco wrote:If he is smart, he will leave and go to a side where the rest of the players put in as much as he does.

100%.
How some of the other hacks can even look him in the eyes I'll never know.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 7:24 pm

Great ball runner but still hogs it too much for mine to be in number 6 or 7.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Geo. » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 7:25 pm

Austin deserves a starting spot that's for sure...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Sabre » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 7:26 pm

cktiger wrote:Great ball runner but still hogs it too much for mine to be in number 6 or 7.
Only because the blokes outside him are useless.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 7:26 pm

Austin is the only player in our team that puts in for 80...he deserves to be our #6...IMO he should get players player this year!..

Gee its obvious Farah could not give a sh*t...his play and expressions says it all!