Austin deserves the six jersey

happy tiger

Re: Austin deserves the six jersey

Post by happy tiger » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 10:24 pm

I thought centres would be a good idea , but he doesn't get the ball in his hands enough in the centres and seemed absolutely lost in attack in the centres

I'm very tempted in 2015 to have our spine as

1 Tedesco
6 Austin ( with him working on his passing game )
7 Brooks
9 Farah

14 Moses

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 10:34 pm

happy tiger wrote:I thought centres would be a good idea , but he doesn't get the ball in his hands enough in the centres and seemed absolutely lost in attack in the centres

1 Tedesco
7 Brooks
9 Farah

14 Moses
I'd like to see this too. Moses hasn't done enough yet to take a starting spot off Austin
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 10:34 pm

happy tiger wrote:I thought centres would be a good idea , but he doesn't get the ball in his hands enough in the centres and seemed absolutely lost in attack in the centres

1 Tedesco
7 Brooks
9 Farah

14 Moses

1. Tedesco
6. Moses
7. Brooks
9. Austin ?

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 10:56 pm

Really kept his chin up through the crap of the last few weeks.

As others have said too much of a hog to be halves but would reinvent super sub and would make a great ball playing lock replacing Fulton.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 11:01 pm

If Austin could cement a spot in the centres and rove in and out of playmaking roles sometimes I think it would solve a lot of our problems. I feel for him forced changes weekly to his position.I love his attitude and enthusiasm week in week out no matter where he plays.

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jctiger » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 11:48 pm

Jerry Seinfeld

Post by Jerry Seinfeld » Sun 31 Aug, 2014 2:30 am

Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:If Austin could cement a spot in the centres and rove in and out of playmaking roles sometimes I think it would solve a lot of our problems. I feel for him forced changes weekly to his position.I love his attitude and enthusiasm week in week out no matter where he plays.
I can see why the centre love for blake but I think our team would be most effective in 2015 and onwards with Blake as a ball playing roaming lock replacing Fulton.I think the effort was there from the team last night and if they just cut the plethora of stupid and very costly mistakes out we will beat the sharks next week.Gee I cant wait for next year this forum has really gotten very negative(and for good reason with the last 6 weeks or so)but I have absolutely no doubt us playing all these rookies now and another off season for our young boys(and finally a bloody good run with injuries :pray: )we will have a much improved season next year.Also throw in the new board and hopefully new Strength and conditioning coach and some(but not me)wants a new coach and CEO and we will have such a fresh start to such a talented young roster.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 31 Aug, 2014 6:34 am

I listened to the Raiders game on live stream. I heard two names again and again. Austin and Tapau. In my book, Austin is doing enough to keep the 6 jumper.
"Quality Stupidity"

alex

Post by alex » Sun 31 Aug, 2014 7:25 am

He is so far ahead of Moses it's not funny. Needs to be the #6 without doubt. It's refreshing to see a half take on the line so much. That was one thing letting Benji down in recent times, he always falls back to a kick or pass and it puts his outside men under pressure. Austin is killing it this year when taking on the line, he's scored multiple tries doing so.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 31 Aug, 2014 8:18 am

I think the other players need to do the community work Austin does....Blake has shown to the rest of the team what the meaning of determination, fight and spirit is....he is a god kid and worthy of Players player and a fulltime shot at #6 next year

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 31 Aug, 2014 8:19 am

He's a very strong and smart runner of the ball. He knows how to isolate defenders. His living game needs work but yeah he's a five-eight if you've ever seen one.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 31 Aug, 2014 8:51 am

We have all these options right now but as usual next year someone will get injured or lose form.

If all are fit I want Austin on the bench, Farah is 31, give him a rest in the middle of games. Imagine the impact Austin and Taupau will bring.

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Sun 31 Aug, 2014 10:53 am

Despite the disappointment of the past few weeks, what a positive to have these ball playing options. We do need all 3 on the park. The off season should be a time to trial Blake at centre or lock.
If it doesn't work, keep him at 6.
Either way, I agree, he is definitely captain material.

The other positive from this year, is how well we can go with 4 firing forwards on the bench. So while we do have the super sub option, we need to stick with the 4 forwards on the bench.

Hopefully we get to choose the make up of the team in 2015, whichever the format, rather than it be determined by injuries.
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 31 Aug, 2014 10:59 am

personally im loving the downward turn this season has taken, the odds should be very juicy for a top 8 and premiership at the TAB ;)

Tedesco, Brooks, Moses, Farah is definitely going to be out spine until 2017. I cant see Austin replacing any of them. His options are either, centre, utility or backup for injuries. I like him as a utility cause we ALWAYS need one with our injuries. And he can cover hooker, back row, halves, centres and even fullback!

Also during origin he can help out Luani at hooker well if he trains as a utility.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 31 Aug, 2014 11:14 am

I would have Austin over Moses , even if it mean't loosing Moses cause i think Austin will be leaving us at the end of next year if the number 6 doesn't become his .
You are going to have to make a choice ? i know we have invested alot in Moses and is still contracted here for a few more years but Austin will move on after next year and all the talk here will be how we let him go Blah Blah Blah !!!!! a bit like the Fafita Thread
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 31 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

pHyR3 wrote:personally im loving the downward turn this season has taken, the odds should be very juicy for a top 8 and premiership at the TAB ;)

Tedesco, Brooks, Moses, Farah is definitely going to be out spine until 2017. I cant see Austin replacing any of them. His options are either, centre, utility or backup for injuries. I like him as a utility cause we ALWAYS need one with our injuries. And he can cover hooker, back row, halves, centres and even fullback!

Also during origin he can help out Luani at hooker well if he trains as a utility.
Austin will not hang around our Club as a Utility , he is only contracted to us till the end of 2015 , i'm sure a Club like Canberra will offer him a starting 5/8 position (Campese is out of Favour and Milford will move on ).
I reckon were going to lose him.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sun 31 Aug, 2014 11:30 am

foreveratiger wrote:I would have Austin over Moses , even if it mean't loosing Moses cause i think Austin will be leaving us at the end of next year if the number 6 doesn't become his .
You are going to have to make a choice ? i know we have invested alot in Moses and is still contracted here for a few more years but Austin will move on after next year and all the talk here will be how we let him go Blah Blah Blah !!!!! a bit like the Fafita Thread
The fact is Moses is a much better ball player than Austin with an ability to set up plays for the team.
Personally, I think Austin could reinvent the term super sub.
Bring him on as an attacking weapon as teams are tiring and let him run at will.
If he does get a run on spot it has to be at lock.
Seriously, you would catch a cold outside him waiting for him to pass it to you.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 31 Aug, 2014 11:38 am

Moses over Austin for me any day if the week !
As much as I like Austin he's been around long enough now to have cemented a regular first grade spot .

As much as I love Brooks IMO he could be the weak link ? Time will tell I suppose .

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !