Socks

Post Reply
T-REXX
Member
Member
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 8:59 pm
Location: Gosford
Contact:

Socks

Post by T-REXX » Sat 06 Sep, 2014 6:34 pm

I may have missed a thread or what ever. But how come tigers had the colours of other teams on today. One had souths. One manly. And so on.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4


User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5324
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Sat 06 Sep, 2014 6:38 pm

It's their Junior teams (read each players junior team)- They've done it a couple of times this year - for some sort of charity.

Thats why some of them had 2 different socks, as they played their junior footy at more than one club,
Image

eyewonder
Member
Member
Posts: 701
Joined: Tue 08 Mar, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by eyewonder » Sat 06 Sep, 2014 6:39 pm

the colours of their junior clubs?

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41177
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 06 Sep, 2014 6:55 pm

Club can't afford socks

That's why we have had this day multiple times this season

Next year we will have paint on jerseys

British Paints ........... sure can

User avatar
OutbackJack
Member
Member
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed 22 Aug, 2012 6:48 pm

Post by OutbackJack » Sat 06 Sep, 2014 8:10 pm

Mufti day???
Why can't the NRL just leave the teams to play in their normal strip. These stupid special weekends add nothing to the game, and we have teams running out in everything apart from their pyjamas!!! But even that is not too late.
If they want to have a fund raiser, let people know and they can kick the tin when they get to the ground. Sending the players out looking like they just failed in Play School is too stupid for words. Penrith in pink does not do it for me. Save it for Mardi Gras night.


User avatar
Flippedy
Member
Member
Posts: 7913
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Post by Flippedy » Sat 06 Sep, 2014 9:17 pm

Speaking of socks, did anyone see the story the other day about the dog, who had a pain in his belly and when they xrayed him they found over 40 socks in his stomach! :lol: Can't believe the family didn't notice them all missing!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41177
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 06 Sep, 2014 9:36 pm

Flippedy wrote:Speaking of socks, did anyone see the story the other day about the dog, who had a pain in his belly and when they xrayed him they found over 40 socks in his stomach! :lol: Can't believe the family didn't notice them all missing!
Dog obviously was an embarrassed Saints supporter

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 3:40 pm

OutbackJack wrote:Mufti day???
Why can't the NRL just leave the teams to play in their normal strip. These stupid special weekends add nothing to the game, and we have teams running out in everything apart from their pyjamas!!! But even that is not too late.
If they want to have a fund raiser, let people know and they can kick the tin when they get to the ground. Sending the players out looking like they just failed in Play School is too stupid for words. Penrith in pink does not do it for me. Save it for Mardi Gras night.
Really? I love the pink panthers. ;)

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5663
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Newtown » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 4:02 pm

underdog wrote:It's their Junior teams (read each players junior team)- They've done it a couple of times this year - for some sort of charity.

Thats why some of them had 2 different socks, as they played their junior footy at more than one club,
What do they do if they played for three different junior clubs? Tie the 3rd sock around their forehead?

Post Reply