Lodge's performance

VanillaThunder

Lodge's performance

Post by VanillaThunder » Sun 07 Sep, 2014 5:54 pm

I thought he played very well yesterday and haven't seen many wraps for him on the forum. Had hands like feet a few times, but to his credit he forced just as many errors in defence.
League Live stats say 9 hit ups for 55 metres but he seemed to beat the first tackle almost every time, it was probably the best game I've seen him play in our colours.

Another positive was his post(s) on Instagram about loving his new colours, and being 'one year into the apprenticeship' with Woodsy which is a great attitude.
I know many have wraps on his potential, but I thought yesterday was a real coming of age as an NRL player.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 07 Sep, 2014 11:39 pm

VanillaThunder wrote:I thought he played very well yesterday and haven't seen many wraps for him on the forum. Had hands like feet a few times, but to his credit he forced just as many errors in defence.
League Live stats say 9 hit ups for 55 metres but he seemed to beat the first tackle almost every time, it was probably the best game I've seen him play in our colours.

Another positive was his post(s) on Instagram about loving his new colours, and being 'one year into the apprenticeship' with Woodsy which is a great attitude.
I know many have wraps on his potential, but I thought yesterday was a real coming of age as an NRL player.

He us green he he has a good ticker... Much better than Buchanen

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 12:39 am

Gee his hands let him down a few times yesterday

I can think of two clear knock-ons at least

He does have potential and the work he does in the next two off seasons will be crucial to where he ends up as far as size and strength wise

He still gets dominated easily

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 10:13 am

I can think of two cases at least where he forced an error with a good tackle too. Instead of dropping his head after costing us an attacking chance he went out and sought to fix it without doing anything stupid.
He's got a ways to go, but from all I've seen of him last night was the best indicator yet that he's got a long and fruitful career ahead of him.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 10:27 am

Most Forwards need 30+ NRL Games to establish themselves as NRL Players... He is going great and depending who takes on the coaching role next year, he could easily play a lot of games next year.

Would prefer to see him come off the bench at this stage!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

spearby

Post by spearby » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 11:32 am

for a young man just starting his nrl career he looks a likely prospect I think he has a bit of ticker he is a keeper for sure.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 1:12 pm

Big fan, great prospect.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 2:48 pm

He's an upgrade on Buchanan and even Gavet...would like to see him tray and promote the footy a bit more ...he makes good metres after contact..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 2:51 pm

Still eligible for NYC next year. Puts his contributions this year into perspective.

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 3:09 pm

southerntiger wrote:Still eligible for NYC next year. Puts his contributions this year into perspective.

Wow, makes his work even more impressive.

Roysta59

Post by Roysta59 » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 3:11 pm

Seeing him in the flesh he is much bigger than I expected and looks to have real mongrel (yeah he dropped the ball twice with 2 hit ups near there try line but that's just being green and keen)
He also put a few good shots on and has the heart to be there. Good on him

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 3:16 pm

I like the young man. Hits hard and doesn't give up. Still a teen. He will only get better too. Good buy.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 9:09 pm

Reminds me of Johnny Whitelegs Wilson, big white thighs in tiny shorts. I think we've found our new Whitelegs.

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 9:40 pm

He fits in well already. A little rough around the edges still but for a 19 year old prop to look as good as he does, well that's a big plus. Huge future if he develops on and off the field.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 9:56 pm

He looks to have a real crack at the opposition. Just the sort of player we need.
Woods, Lodge, Ava, Taupou... We are staring to get some goods props now.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 10:05 pm

Tigerdon wrote:He looks to have a real crack at the opposition. Just the sort of player we need.
Woods, Lodge, Ava, Taupou... We are staring to get some goods props now.
Have to admit the heart got pumping when Ava had a bit of space down the edge off a dropped ball, was hoping for a 40m runaway try.
Definitely a good crop though, we have the makings of a Souths/Roosters quality pack, maybe better