happy tiger
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 68 times

Re: Blake Austin in 2015

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 12:35 pm

Irvine wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Irvine wrote:
Tigers4ever wrote:I hope JT agrees with most Tiger supporters about Blake. Will be interesting to see.....fingers crossed. :D
What has JT got to do with it ? Mayer agreed to Austin going to Canberra before JT got here.

Ohh I see the grub can now blame JT...good thinking.
Actually Irvine , Mayer said the complete opposite

He said he had a contract and would see it out
I am surprised Happy. You of all people being in the Tedesco camp must know by now that what Mayer says and what Mayer does are never the same thing.
You need to check the batteries in your sarcasm meter Irvine ......

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 153 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 1:18 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
851 wrote:The key to me is this.
On behalf of Wests Tigers I’d like to thank both Blake and James for their efforts while here at the Club and wish them well at their new Clubs,” said Taylor. “Both players have made it abundantly clear that they saw their future elsewhere and therefore we had no hesitation in granting their release.
Taylor wants commitment,these two couldn't give him the 100% he wants,so whilst not ideal,it is probably a great decision.
Could you really blame him though? Probably dirty at the way Potter was treated and the efforts of some of his team mates late in the year as well.

I do agree though that if he felt his future laid elsewhere, you don't want someone who doesn't want to be here.
And its not JT's fault for what happened before he got here. He gets here and for whatever reason there's a guy who isn't committed. Taylor had no other choice. Its his first yr, he doesn't want to risk having players who are going to half arse it.
I am in no way blaming JT. I'm actually saying Blake had made his mind up before JT even came into the picture.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 1:21 pm

I was agreeing with you CB. I was adding to the point you were making.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 153 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 1:26 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:I was agreeing with you CB. I was adding to the point you were making.
Read your comment out of context. Sorry mate :)
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

supercoach
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 91 times

Unread post by supercoach » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 1:40 pm

The only thing that puzzles me, why are we giving another team a leg up??? If they are clearing space for a top class backrower or a classy outside back, than I understand, but to give a team a leg up because you want a young kid to better himself in a dog eat dog comp is puzzling. Not sure if the Chooks or dogs would do the same thing.

Anyway good luck to Blake, seems like a kid who is a champion person who has had to work very hard to get his big break

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 3:57 pm

that's a damn shame, I feel we're going to regret this, but he was offered a guaranteed starting position, something we couldn't guarantee.

Canberra have picked up a pretty committed player who appears to really have his head on straight.

turnstyle
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by turnstyle » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 5:30 pm

ahhh, im really disappointed at this. i am a big fan of austins and it annoys me the number 6 is being handed to moses on a silver platter. austin earned it, deserved it when he got it, and still he had to deal with playing second fiddle to a kid who (may have all the potential in the world) has not had to be the best number 6 at the club yet.
in any case, im sure canberra are paying him a great salary, so good on him for reaping the rewards of all his hard work. good luck blake.

shakey4d
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by shakey4d » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 5:52 pm

Austin wanted stability in a position and we couldn't give it. I understand why he want stability.

But what i cant grasp is how often contracts are broken and players released. Two years ago austin was offered a second tier spot at the club and would have lunged at the chance to play any position in first grade. One good season, his stocks rise and all of a sudden he is able to negotiate with other clubs. In my opinion, you sign a two year deal you should honour what you signed up for. I find it very frustrating.

Posted using RoarFEED

PYMBLEPETE
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by PYMBLEPETE » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 9:03 pm

shakey4d wrote:Austin wanted stability in a position and we couldn't give it. I understand why he want stability.

But what i cant grasp is how often contracts are broken and players released. Two years ago austin was offered a second tier spot at the club and would have lunged at the chance to play any position in first grade. One good season, his stocks rise and all of a sudden he is able to negotiate with other clubs. In my opinion, you sign a two year deal you should honour what you signed up for. I find it very frustrating.

Posted using RoarFEED
And that is the frustrating part about the whole thing. Nobody can blame Austin for trying to grab this. But the Tigers were in the driver's seat and could quite reasonably have insisted on him playing 2015 with us - this sort of thing happens all the time. Why wouldn't they? Completely bizarre.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Wed 15 Oct, 2014 7:09 am

shakey4d wrote:Austin wanted stability in a position and we couldn't give it.
I bet it comes down to money and a 3 year contract rather than the position. He has a young family as well.

I don't blame him. We poached him for less than what he is worth and he was a gun for us.

LCA
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by LCA » Wed 15 Oct, 2014 6:47 pm

Good riddance. I don't expect to see him making any great impression at the Raiders or anywhere else for that matter. But, good luck to him and his family.

Tigers4ever
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Tigers4ever » Wed 05 Oct, 2016 5:37 pm

LCA wrote:Good riddance. I don't expect to see him making any great impression at the Raiders or anywhere else for that matter. But, good luck to him and his family.
He made a bit of an impression didn't he. a loss to the Tigers, all heart.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Defiant » Mon 24 Oct, 2016 9:58 pm

Potter kept playing 6 tackles,two runs per game Anasta over him.

Of all Potters mistakes this was the worst which I could never get past. Austins pre season form was strong to boot.

Deserved the 6 round 1.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Tue 25 Oct, 2016 5:55 am

LCA wrote:Good riddance. I don't expect to see him making any great impression at the Raiders or anywhere else for that matter. But, good luck to him and his family.
clueless as usual

Return to “Season 2015 - Offseason, Preseason and Trials”