2015 Side

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: 2015 Side

Unread post by Flippedy » Sun 09 Nov, 2014 7:45 pm

Roosterman wrote:i'm hearing reliable whispers that J.T is going to sack Robbie as captain....any idea who would replace him if that was the case? maybe bwaith can make a comeback hehe
I hope your whispers are true, it would do both Robbie and the team well if he was relieved of the captaincy. I'd replace him with Blair.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Roosterman

Unread post by Roosterman » Sun 09 Nov, 2014 7:51 pm

Flippedy wrote:
Roosterman wrote:i'm hearing reliable whispers that J.T is going to sack Robbie as captain....any idea who would replace him if that was the case? maybe bwaith can make a comeback hehe
I hope your whispers are true, it would do both Robbie and the team well if he was relieved of the captaincy. I'd replace him with Blair.
2 people actually read and answer my comment and 3 do the usual crap, just another day on this forum i guess :)

im curious as to why you 2 would choose Blair?
A rooster crows only when it sees the light. Put him in the dark and he'll never crow. I have seen the light and I'm crowing. - Muhammad Ali

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 46 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sun 09 Nov, 2014 7:56 pm

It would not surprise to see Farah stripped of the C next to his name.

Since laying off the initial Braith bashing (when I thought cock should have formed part of his username) a bit, the chookman has made a good contribution to the forum.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 152 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 09 Nov, 2014 7:56 pm

Roosterman wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
2 people actually read and answer my comment and 3 do the usual crap, just another day on this forum i guess :)

He's the only other choice really. People will say Woods, but i don't really see it in him tbh. Lawrence was being groomed a few yrs ago, and might already be Captain, but his injury killed that chance, as he's lucky to even be in the side, let alone lead it. I think the Captaincy can really bring the best out in Blair.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 09 Nov, 2014 8:00 pm

Roosterman's Braith bashing's aren't any worse than what the majority said about him over the last 2 yrs, but typically, no one else is allowed to have an opinion bar Wests Tigers fans. Taylor already stated at his first press conference that Farah will lead the side, so i'll take him at his word. I don't care either way though.

greatodensraven
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 16 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Sun 09 Nov, 2014 8:12 pm

Pretty confident robbie will be captain in 2015, Taylor stated this clearly in his latest presser.

Blair may be another option but if not robbie id prefer we go with a long term option. Does anyone know if Brooks or Moses have captained sides before? Or maybe cherrington will take over after robbie?

Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.4

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 09 Nov, 2014 8:18 pm

greatodensraven wrote:Pretty confident robbie will be captain in 2015, Taylor stated this clearly in his latest presser.

Blair may be another option but if not robbie id prefer we go with a long term option. Does anyone know if Brooks or Moses have captained sides before? Or maybe cherrington will take over after robbie?

You're aren't suggesting going with Brooks or Moses next yr, surely.

greatodensraven
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 16 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Sun 09 Nov, 2014 8:21 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
greatodensraven wrote:Pretty confident robbie will be captain in 2015, Taylor stated this clearly in his latest presser.

You're aren't suggesting going with Brooks or Moses next yr, surely.
Not next year no, potentially after Robbie retires.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 09 Nov, 2014 8:25 pm

Another 3 or 4 yrs and Brooks could be ready to lead, you never know. If Farah is stripped (he won't) i'd seriously run with Blair. The conniption that would follow from supporters would be amazing to witness. It would almost be worth it happening for that reason alone.

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Sun 09 Nov, 2014 8:27 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Roosterman wrote:
Flippedy wrote:

He's the only other choice really. People will say Woods, but i don't really see it in him tbh. Lawrence was being groomed a few yrs ago, and might already be Captain, but his injury killed that chance, as he's lucky to even be in the side, let alone lead it. I think the Captaincy can really bring the best out in Blair.
Yeah spot on, GNR. Blair has a heap of top level experience - he is a long term international and was once VC of the Kiwi side, he is going great guns in the current 4 Nations Tournament and he has earned the respect of everyone at the club. He has also been a great mentor to the many young Islander/Kiwi players that we have in the squad - it's a no brainer for me.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Sun 09 Nov, 2014 9:30 pm

Maybe Richards? I think long term that Tedesco is more captaincy material than Brooks and Moses. He's level headed, can speak well, is confident but not obnoxious and brash like Moses.

the third
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by the third » Sun 09 Nov, 2014 11:34 pm

Roosterman wrote:
Flippedy wrote:

Don't feed the troll

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Sun 09 Nov, 2014 11:39 pm

Blair would be the ideal choice but he's only here for 1 year unless offerred a new contract

My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

pacman

Unread post by pacman » Mon 10 Nov, 2014 12:20 am

1. Tedesco
2. Nofoaluma
3. Simona
4. Seve
5. Richards
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Woods
11. Sironen
12. Akauola
13. Blair

14. Taupau
15. Seumanufagai
16. Sue
17. Lodge

Players who should get gametime in top grade throughout the season due to rep footy/injury/form slumps (hoping/assuming JT drops players for poor form): Cherrington, Halatau, Naiqama, Martin, Liolevave, Santi, Fine, Nathan Brown.

Roosterman

Unread post by Roosterman » Mon 10 Nov, 2014 12:54 am

the third wrote:
dont feed the troll

How am i a troll? a troll is someone who goes around causing trouble and tries to piss people off etc, If you get pissed because im a roosters fan that is YOUR problem...not mine so don't blame me for that, Any criticism i have ever made on this forum i have backed it up with a thoughtful opinion...i stand by that and you can feel free to look back at any of my posts and find me a time i have said anything to insult anyone on this forum!...im tired of being called a troll purely for the fact im a roosters fan, if you cant look past that you need to do some growing up.
A rooster crows only when it sees the light. Put him in the dark and he'll never crow. I have seen the light and I'm crowing. - Muhammad Ali

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 10 Nov, 2014 1:05 am

Roosterman wrote:
Flippedy wrote:

Well I have heard exactly the opposite and the reason that Nathan Brown wasn't considered for the WT's job was because he WAS going to sack Farah as captain

NT Tiger
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Mon 10 Nov, 2014 7:37 am

I recall the same. Taylor directly stated his intention to keep Farah as the captain.

"Reliable whispers" from a reliable source? In the unlikely event the whisper is true, the only possible initial source is Taylor himself. I can't see that Taylor would have anything to gain by letting whispers of this nature out in the infancy of his new career as head coach. If the whisper is sourced from a discussion Taylor has had with another member of the coaching staff then presumably that staff member's days are numbered.
"Quality Stupidity"

Tony33

Unread post by Tony33 » Mon 10 Nov, 2014 1:26 pm

Roosterman wrote:
the third wrote:
dont feed the troll

How am i a troll? a troll is someone who goes around causing trouble and tries to piss people off etc, If you get pissed because im a roosters fan that is YOUR problem...not mine so don't blame me for that, Any criticism i have ever made on this forum i have backed it up with a thoughtful opinion...i stand by that and you can feel free to look back at any of my posts and find me a time i have said anything to insult anyone on this forum!...im tired of being called a troll purely for the fact im a roosters fan, if you cant look past that you need to do some growing up.
The fact that you suggested we bring back bwaith to captain the side, demonstrates troll traits within your post. Perhaps if you didn't consistently have to reference him in the majority of your posts we would probably take you a little more seriously. It doesn't help that your post is information which is the complete opposite to what is being said from the best source - the coach !

I really wouldn't be surprised if you've just totally fabricated the whole story so you have a reason to mention your love child again. Isn't it funny how you only became interested in the wests tigers and our forum once braith joined our club, even after his left you still can't help yourself. Quite the coincidence..

But if your story is true, then i'd hope Blair would be Robbies replacement.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.5
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

Return to “Season 2015 - Offseason, Preseason and Trials”