Blake Austin in 2015

turnstyle
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Blake Austin in 2015

Unread post by turnstyle » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 2:49 am

Balmain Boy wrote:The issue with the photo is most likely a Photoshop fail by the club's marketing department. Wouldn't be the first time they'd screwed something up...

The two photos are actually quite different. The membership one has everyone with hand on heart looking focused, the other one has the last four players looking in different directions. I'd say they wanted the pic to be more uniform so they merged the two pics together and maybe Austin got lost in the cropping process due to a lack of detail.

Mayer has said it's up to JT about Austin. JT has said he'd like him to stay, but hasn't spoken to him one on one yet. Fair enough too as he hasn't had a training session yet so obviously he'd have to see them all together and form his own opinions based on what he sees..!
i think too much is being read into it. in the original, i just noticed that where austin was standing broke up the nice straight line the players were in, and i think there is nothing more to it than simply photoshopping a picture for aesthetic purposes.

greatodensraven
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 16 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 5:07 am

Maybe they got Gavet & Austin mixed up.

Posted using RoarFEED

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 7:08 am

greatodensraven wrote:Maybe they got Gavet & Austin mixed up.

Posted using RoarFEED
Honest mistake, they look alike and everything.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Tigersmurf
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Tigersmurf » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 8:52 am

He will be released today.

supercoach
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times

Unread post by supercoach » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 9:20 am

I dont have any good oil, but I think Austen 99% gone. Taylor will want a group of players who are a 100% committed for the long haul. Also I get the feeling Taylor and Moss want to get the salary cap in a healthy shape. Like many I would love Austen to hang around but I just can not see it happening and I would not blame the club or Austen if they parted company

Cultured Bogan

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 9:38 am

Damn shame. You'd think that JT might have different ideas.

Oh well... es la vida...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

phil1986
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by phil1986 » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 9:43 am

Wests Tigers utility Blake Austin will be officially released by the club on Tuesday so he can join the Canberra Raiders.

Austin was one of the besieged club’s best players this year and he played fullback, centre, five-eighth, halfback, lock, second row and even hooker.

However, it was understood he would have a better shot at securing his preferred position, in the No.6 jumper, at the Raiders.

The Wests Tigers have also released prop James Gavet despite his also having a year to run on his contract to allow him to join Brisbane.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z3G47To5AF

Posted using RoarFEED

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 9:58 am

Austin would hope that moss doesn't end up at raiders later.

Good luck to Austin. A 100% player and deserves a starting Jersey.

Posted using RoarFEED
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 152 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 10:05 am

He wasn't going to get a start in 2015 anyway, at least not in his preferred position. He wants to play 5/8, but Moses has been heir to the thrown for a couple yrs, and he was offered the chance to play 5/8 elsewhere, on triple the money. I'd say its a good result for everyone. Austin, the Raiders and us, cos we've trimmed off even more fat thats taking up cap space. I have a feeling Taylor has one eye on the player market next yr.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 10:13 am

@GNR,I think Austin was unlucky that Mitchell was with us,otherwise I reckon the 6 would of been his,having said that I can only commend Blake on his performances for us and the way he conducted himself while with us..
All the very best to Blake in the future,you are a champion footballer and person.....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 10:16 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:Damn shame. You'd think that JT might have different ideas.

Oh well... es la vida...
No cest la vie CB

Hope we are getting someone in return , when he came he was a 2nd tier player and is leaving as a player far more highly rated than that

massive lose /lose for us

alex

Unread post by alex » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 10:21 am

Arghhh. Moses didn't show anything in his stint in the halves to warrant being granted first crack at the #6. Austin was the only guy I could say gave his all every time he ran onto the field. And he did so being shifted around numerous positions.

Cultured Bogan

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 10:26 am

You're right Happy, but there's no point in getting upset about it.

I suppose we need to wait until JT shows his hand, he might have a player or two he's looking to pick up. I'd say the Broncos would be looking at releasing someone to make up for Boyd if he goes back to Brisbane.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by TrueTiger » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 10:26 am

@alex,totally agree,Austin may have had his faults but his work ethics were second to none,if only some of the more experienced players had offered as much as Blake maybe our situation would of been better...

PYMBLEPETE
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by PYMBLEPETE » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 10:37 am

The worst decision the Wests Tigers have ever made. Makes the signing of some of the duds over the years seem inspired. Our best player this year, here on a second tier contract (so savings on his contract are minimal) with so much to offer in a position - centre - where we are really struggling. And of course, makes one our opponents that much stronger.

Cultured Bogan

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 10:41 am

PYMBLEPETE wrote:The worst decision the Wests Tigers have ever made. Makes the signing of some of the duds over the years seem inspired. Our best player this year, here on a second tier contract (so savings on his contract are minimal) with so much to offer in a position - centre - where we are really struggling. And of course, makes one our opponents that much stronger.
It's a bad move to let him go but if another club is giving him a huge increase in pay and a guaranteed starting spot can you begrudge him for wanting to go?

Make no mistake I want him to stay, and I thought he could be well utilised as a centre if he worked on his one-on-one defence but it's not my call. I'll reserve judgement until next year.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

THE POM
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by THE POM » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 10:43 am

Signed with Canberra for 3 years. Good Luck Blake, Hope your career reaches the potential we all it can !

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by TrueTiger » Tue 14 Oct, 2014 10:46 am

@PymblePete,it is a shame however he wanted the 6 and wasn't going to get it with us because of Mitchell.....
@CB,you absolutely right,a much better pay cheque and the position he wants.....

Cheers....

Return to “Season 2015 - Offseason, Preseason and Trials”