Parish will be coach

User avatar
Fraze23
Member
Member
Posts: 1920
Joined: Thu 15 Jul, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridge United Kingdom

Re: Parish will be coach

Post by Fraze23 » Thu 25 Sep, 2014 11:40 am

I'd be reluctant to take Brown due to the huge difference between the standard and style of football in the Super League to what is played in the NRL. What works over there isn't necessarily transferable to NRL football. With Griffin you have a realistic expectation of what you're going to get, that and he already has NRL runs on the board.


User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22462
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 25 Sep, 2014 11:44 am

Fraze23 wrote:I'd be reluctant to take Brown due to the huge difference between the standard and style of football in the Super League to what is played in the NRL. What works over there isn't necessarily transferable to NRL football. With Griffin you have a realistic expectation of what you're going to get, that and he already has NRL runs on the board.
He's still had plenty of success here though. Made the semis almost every yr, and got his side to two pre lim finals. I reckon he's worth a punt.

tiga4eva
Member
Member
Posts: 2063
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 8:09 pm

Post by tiga4eva » Thu 25 Sep, 2014 11:47 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fraze23 wrote:I'd be reluctant to take Brown due to the huge difference between the standard and style of football in the Super League to what is played in the NRL. What works over there isn't necessarily transferable to NRL football. With Griffin you have a realistic expectation of what you're going to get, that and he already has NRL runs on the board.
He's still had plenty of success here though. Made the semis almost every yr, and got his side to two pre lim finals. I reckon he's worth a punt.
Agree. He lost his half and fullback to season ending injuries and still claimed Minor Premiership. I've got a good feel about Brown

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5484
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Thu 25 Sep, 2014 11:48 am

@Fraze23,don't forget Brown started in the NRL and may be well aware of the expectations of the NRL the second time around for him,first time was a huge learning curve for him and I think he would of learnt from prior mistakes....but let's wait and see,good luck to whoever is left to fill the position....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22462
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 25 Sep, 2014 11:53 am

And keep in mind, appointed at 29 yrs of age. Thats unheard of to be a head coach in NRL that young. Even back then he had success, plus he's had it overseas as well, which granted, its a weaker competition, but its not like he's unproven in the NRL. I think he just might be the best candidate available.


User avatar
Fraze23
Member
Member
Posts: 1920
Joined: Thu 15 Jul, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridge United Kingdom

Post by Fraze23 » Thu 25 Sep, 2014 11:55 am

All fair points. He has had a decent record over there. I wouldn't be too disappointed with either Griffin or Brown. They're the best two candidates on the list.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40847
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Thu 25 Sep, 2014 12:01 pm

Fraze23 wrote:All fair points. He has had a decent record over there. I wouldn't be too disappointed with either Griffin or Brown. They're the best two candidates on the list.
Not tough enough imo , unless they hire a hardcore S & C coach

User avatar
Fraze23
Member
Member
Posts: 1920
Joined: Thu 15 Jul, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridge United Kingdom

Post by Fraze23 » Thu 25 Sep, 2014 12:09 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fraze23 wrote:All fair points. He has had a decent record over there. I wouldn't be too disappointed with either Griffin or Brown. They're the best two candidates on the list.
Not tough enough imo , unless they hire a hardcore S & C coach
Probably tougher than Taylor or Payten.

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3196
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Thu 25 Sep, 2014 12:23 pm

Where's Tottie?

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6366
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Thu 25 Sep, 2014 12:25 pm

Fraze23 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Fraze23 wrote:All fair points. He has had a decent record over there. I wouldn't be too disappointed with either Griffin or Brown. They're the best two candidates on the list.
Not tough enough imo , unless they hire a hardcore S & C coach
Probably tougher than Taylor or Payten.
Payten would be a poor choice at this point in time,Taylor I think would be tougher than many think.
Hell Brown slapped Barrett on the sideline,that is tough love,and Griffin took the captaincy off Thaiday and dropped Hannant and Reed to QLD cup,how much tougher do you want Happy.
Go hard or go home

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22462
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 25 Sep, 2014 12:31 pm

They need someone with experience and whose had success. Brown, Griffin and Taylor have had success to varying degrees. I really hope they don't go with Kidwell or Payten,

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40847
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Thu 25 Sep, 2014 12:37 pm

851 wrote:
Fraze23 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Fraze23 wrote:All fair points. He has had a decent record over there. I wouldn't be too disappointed with either Griffin or Brown. They're the best two candidates on the list.
Not tough enough imo , unless they hire a hardcore S & C coach
Probably tougher than Taylor or Payten.
Payten would be a poor choice at this point in time,Taylor I think would be tougher than many think.
Hell Brown slapped Barrett on the sideline,that is tough love,and Griffin took the captaincy off Thaiday and dropped Hannant and Reed to QLD cup,how much tougher do you want Happy.
I want a coach that the players don't think about even getting up to any mischief on or off field

Brisbane have become a very ill disciplined side off field

Brown is too relaxed in my opinion

User avatar
Fraze23
Member
Member
Posts: 1920
Joined: Thu 15 Jul, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridge United Kingdom

Post by Fraze23 » Thu 25 Sep, 2014 12:41 pm

Griffin dropped players for breaking club protocol during matches that determined their position in the 8. I don't think that screams walkover.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40847
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Thu 25 Sep, 2014 12:45 pm

Fraze23 wrote:Griffin dropped players for breaking club protocol during matches that determined their position in the 8. I don't think that screams walkover.
Yeah but it has happened three times in two seasons Fraze

And before someone brings up Brown slapping Barrett all that proved is he has no control over himself and his players

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6366
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Thu 25 Sep, 2014 1:01 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fraze23 wrote:Griffin dropped players for breaking club protocol during matches that determined their position in the 8. I don't think that screams walkover.
Yeah but it has happened three times in two seasons Fraze

And before someone brings up Brown slapping Barrett all that proved is he has no control over himself and his players
Griffin did his job,that say's more about the players than the coach,that they would do it knowing full well they will be dropped.
Go hard or go home

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40847
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Thu 25 Sep, 2014 1:12 pm

851 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Fraze23 wrote:Griffin dropped players for breaking club protocol during matches that determined their position in the 8. I don't think that screams walkover.
Yeah but it has happened three times in two seasons Fraze

And before someone brings up Brown slapping Barrett all that proved is he has no control over himself and his players
Griffin did his job,that say's more about the players than the coach,that they would do it knowing full well they will be dropped.
Shows the players don't respect the team culture that Griffin set up for the player

And that is the one thing this club doesn't need 851

We've had enough coaches like that

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29374
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Thu 25 Sep, 2014 1:21 pm

I'm with you Happy on Griffin...he really underachieved at the Broncs with all they have going for then....I don't see how he would do a lot with our mob...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40847
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Thu 25 Sep, 2014 1:37 pm

Geo. wrote:I'm with you Happy on Griffin...he really underachieved at the Broncs with all they have going for then....I don't see how he would do a lot with our mob...
I think the Broncos overachieved Geo

I had the Broncos in my bottom 4 and my old man thought the Tigers and Broncs would fight out the spoon

But I want a coach who once he sets rules and guidelines (culture ) for the club and its players , that the players go "Well I'm not going near that sh&t"

Then we will know we have struck pure gold

When the entire squad technicolour yawns after every pre season training session I will know we have the man

When Farah then goes to complain and finds himself playing NSW Cup for the next month I will be happy

When the coach grabs Mayer's phone and smashes it into a thousand pieces while he is tweeting , we will know we have found a diamond from the rough

When the entire squad is doing extras without being told Bingo

When the entire squad apologizes on WTs TV when we put in a bad performance Yahtzee

I think you see the gist of how I want things run by our next coach

Solely focussed on one goal no questions asked , no quarter given , die or be killed trying

Post Reply
cron