Next season

Tigermama

Next season

Post by Tigermama » Mon 22 Sep, 2014 8:02 am

With all the new changes happening at our club, which players do you think will improve and who would you like to see get the axe? For mine , i would like to see a big improvement in Brooks in 2015 and Lawrence and Gallaway given the axe if they don't improve dramatically. Your thoughts and opinions?

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 22 Sep, 2014 8:53 am

@Tigermama,we need both Brooks and Moses to gel in the halves,they will be the organisers,Galloway to the bench and put in Lodge with Woods.Robbies attitude to change in the way that he doesn't control every play,let Brooks and Moses do their job,as for Lawrence,big improvement needed although horrific injury didn't help and isn't the same centre any longer.I suppose we have to see who we have signed and where they will play.Our back line will be fantastic if they have a great off season,Moses ,Brooks,Simona,Taitaragi,Richards Nofaluma Tedesco .The forwards,Woods Farrah Lodge Thompson Tapau Blair also will benefit from the off season ,we will have to wait and see who stays and who goes,I haven't heard anymore regarding Austin otherwise I would include him in the centres..these are only my thoughts and I hope they have a great 2015 ..Cheers Tigermama.....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 22 Sep, 2014 9:14 am

If there is one thing that has really stood out during the two seasons under Potter it was the ridiculous weekly selection of a non-first grade level Lawrence in the centres. I find the fact that Potter never attempted to drop Lawrence a major blot on his coaching resume. Next years' coach has to show a lot more courage than Potter and begin pre-season training with a centre pairing that does not include Lawrence. I believe that there is at least one class centre yet to be signed by Wests Tigers for 2015.

Lawrence has to accept that the only place for him in 2015 is to play as a back row forward. It will be up to him to secure a first grade spot in this position.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 22 Sep, 2014 9:31 am

TrueTiger wrote:@Tigermama,we need both Brooks and Moses to gel in the halves,they will be the organisers,Galloway to the bench and put in Lodge with Woods.Robbies attitude to change in the way that he doesn't control every play,let Brooks and Moses do their job,as for Lawrence,big improvement needed although horrific injury didn't help and isn't the same centre any longer.I suppose we have to see who we have signed and where they will play.Our back line will be fantastic if they have a great off season,Moses ,Brooks,Simona,Taitaragi,Richards Nofaluma Tedesco .The forwards,Woods Farrah Lodge Thompson Tapau Blair also will benefit from the off season ,we will have to wait and see who stays and who goes,I haven't heard anymore regarding Austin otherwise I would include him in the centres..these are only my thoughts and I hope they have a great 2015 ..Cheers Tigermama.....
Good post. Apreciate your thoughts and opinion TT.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 22 Sep, 2014 10:30 am

For us to improve they all will need to improve vastly

But the big players we need to see improvements from will be Sironen ,Moses ,Simona ,Sue and Nofoaluma

Brooks will need to conquer the 2nd season blues

I haven't mentioned Lawrence and Keefy as I don't expect they will improve

I don't see moving dramatically up the table , as things in S&C won't improve and we will struggle again with injuries

I think a Top 10 finish will be a good result unless we can find a tackleholic back rower and a good centre

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 22 Sep, 2014 10:56 am

I thought brooks will have a great 2014 and was already nervous about 2015 thinking that 2nd year syndrome will strike in. However, he didn't really have that great a 2014. I think brooks will be our biggest improver next year.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Mon 22 Sep, 2014 2:14 pm

We played well earlier this season when our forwards showed some mongrel to get across the advantage line and when our bench players were coming on after 20 mins with some fierce running and defensive aggression. We got teams onto the back foot with quick play the balls and even a few offloads. When you get that roll on, your dummy half starts to run and make breaks, your halves have more time and space and your backs look good. To this you add a quality kick and chase, and a low mistake and penalty rate (discipline). That's a competitive formula.
Once we lost that roll on and we were on the back foot, making too many tackles, exposing our defensive weaknesses, our rubbish kicking game and 5th tackle options. We made more and more mistakes and got more and more frustrated - and this is what we ended up playing like.
It all starts up front. Brooks and Moses can not play well behind a beaten pack, so this is where we need to improve. Our forwards must dominate. IMO we have a real problem in our backrow - and I can't see it changing unless we recruit. We simply do not possess the mobile hard running and hard hitting backrowers that other top 8 clubs have!

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 22 Sep, 2014 4:04 pm

TigerSJ wrote:We played well earlier this season when our forwards showed some mongrel to get across the advantage line and when our bench players were coming on after 20 mins with some fierce running and defensive aggression. We got teams onto the back foot with quick play the balls and even a few offloads. When you get that roll on, your dummy half starts to run and make breaks, your halves have more time and space and your backs look good. To this you add a quality kick and chase, and a low mistake and penalty rate (discipline). That's a competitive formula.
Once we lost that roll on and we were on the back foot, making too many tackles, exposing our defensive weaknesses, our rubbish kicking game and 5th tackle options. We made more and more mistakes and got more and more frustrated - and this is what we ended up playing like.
It all starts up front. Brooks and Moses can not play well behind a beaten pack, so this is where we need to improve. Our forwards must dominate. IMO we have a real problem in our backrow - and I can't see it changing unless we recruit. We simply do not possess the mobile hard running and hard hitting backrowers that other top 8 clubs have!
I think we have a lot more problems with the centre position with Lawrence seemingly having a mortgage on that position. A lot of people just cannot see the trees for the forest.

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Mon 22 Sep, 2014 4:07 pm

James Tedesco for me. If we're to be any chance next year James needs to be fit, healthy and on the park for the majority of the season. When we lost him, we lost all our potency in attack.

Lodge is someone I hope is in the mix for a first grade spot right from the beginning of the season. I've loved what I've seen from him. Lodge and Woods could potentially be our Webcke and Civoniceva.

I'd like to see Lawrence get a crack in the forwards before we throw him on the scrapheap (I feel like a broken record writing that). His one on one defence is outstanding and his tackling technique is good too. If he were playing closer to the ruck he'd have less decisions to make and I think he'd be quick enough to get in and around other forwards with the ball. I hope who ever we get as coach can acknowledge that Chris' days in the centres are over.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 22 Sep, 2014 4:20 pm

happy tiger wrote:For us to improve they all will need to improve vastly

But the big players we need to see improvements from will be Sironen ,Moses ,Simona ,Sue and Nofoaluma

Brooks will need to conquer the 2nd season blues

I haven't mentioned Lawrence and Keefy as I don't expect they will improve

I don't see moving dramatically up the table , as things in S&C won't improve and we will struggle again with injuries

I think a Top 10 finish will be a good result unless we can find a tackleholic back rower and a good centre
Agree with you Happy. As for our S&C? you hit it right on the nail. A compete overhaul is required in that department. I hope the new Board sees this as a priority as well, and makes the necessary changes quick smart.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Mon 22 Sep, 2014 4:54 pm

I've been saying this forever but our defence needs improving. A lot.

Everyone knows that good defence is all about attitude - what can I say? Our attitude at times stinks.

Thinking about Lawrence, Potter's claims that he didn't have the support to make hard decisions got me thinking about Lawrence. Did Potter want to drop him but wasn't allowed? I'd like him to fess up on that one.

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 22 Sep, 2014 4:56 pm

What you said about Teddy is true Fraze23. With out him our attack fizzled :( like Happy mentioned, unless the club improves our S&C situation there's not much chance of Teddy or other players staying injury free for long periods of time next year either unfortunately. Here's hoping they do though and us having a greAt year.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 22 Sep, 2014 5:02 pm

cqtiger wrote:I've been saying this forever but our defence needs improving. A lot.

Everyone knows that good defence is all about attitude - what can I say? Our attitude at times stinks.

Thinking about Lawrence, Potter's claims that he didn't have the support to make hard decisions got me thinking about Lawrence. Did Potter want to drop him but wasn't allowed? I'd like him to fess up on that one.

Maybe Mick will write a "Tell all book" Lol. Give us all the goss. I 'd buy it ;)

Jerry Seinfeld

Post by Jerry Seinfeld » Mon 22 Sep, 2014 5:03 pm

Tigermama wrote:What you said about Teddy is true Fraze23. With out him our attack fizzled :( like Happy mentioned, unless the club improves our S&C situation there's not much chance of Teddy or other players staying injury free for long periods of time next year either unfortunately. Here's hoping they do though and us having a greAt year.
A little birdie has told me new S and c team will be coming tigermama.Stay tuned ;) ;)

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 22 Sep, 2014 5:05 pm

cqtiger wrote:I've been saying this forever but our defence needs improving. A lot.

So what do you with Lawrence in 2015? Same thing again? If that happens it doesn't matter who the coach will be - we have forced ourselves into a corner to be big losers again. Remember that Fine was named centre of the year in State Cup this year yet he only tasted first grade in the last one or two matches of the season. Even when Fine did make first grade Lawrence was not dropped. How can you have a coach who is not responsible for selections? I think that is drawing a very long bow. Maybe in the juniors where the fathers try to intimidate the coach it happens.

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 22 Sep, 2014 5:21 pm

I would like -

Galloway & Lawrence to be released during the off season. Don't care where or who to or if retirement is on the cards, dead wood and cap space. Need to go for us to build to the future.

Simona & Nofa - swap positions. Simona on the wing and Nofa in the centres.

Interesting to see who comes and goes. ( Bodene Thompson, anyone??)
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Mon 22 Sep, 2014 5:27 pm

I just hope we get our rehab, S & C, training facilities & coaching staff right once & for all. We need this as a minimum standard to allow the boys to stay on the park & at their best.

Really excited to see these lads develop & fire in 2015: Teddy, Nofo, Simona, Fine, Moses, Brooks, Lodge, Ava, Tapau, Gavet, Siro, Sue & Akoula.

These lads need to lead on & off the field: Robbie, Woodsy, Richards, Blair, etc.

Damn I hate the off-season!

marzie

Post by marzie » Mon 22 Sep, 2014 8:10 pm

Mostly i hope that an experienced head coach is appointed and allowed to choose his assistants. Steve Folkes would be the example.

I sent an email to GM in regards to this and he responded.

"I have known Steve for a number of years.  I spent 7 years at the Dogs so I know what he can bring to the table.  Never say never.

The club needs experience right now and we also need strong discipline.  The young guys need direction."

Also hoping for an upgraded S&C program/better training facilities. Injuries can no longer be chalked up as bad luck.

Player wise I hope galloway is released and lawrence is either released or tried in the back row or as a bench impact back rower. Feel he would excel in this role when the big fellas are tired in the middle.

And with signings I think mostly we are pretty solid barring injury. would just like a few depth signings just to better cover ourselves if/when we have another season of injuries.

I think the board an mayer have the right idea. Just hoping everything falls into place and we can have unity

Bring on 2015