Having seen the finals thus far

pHyR3

Re: Having seen the finals thus far

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 28 Sep, 2014 10:29 pm

happy tiger wrote:pHyR3 I would be positive if I could see we were upgrading our facilities ,upgrading our S&C etc but we won't be

So how does anyone expect us to have less injuries when nothing will change ??
yeah i completely agree, only reason i wanted koukash to buy up this joint...

hopefully we move training grounds to somewhere good though, or get a good run of injuries as we very occasionally have in the last 15 years.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 28 Sep, 2014 10:31 pm

stevetiger wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:we knocked off both grand finalists this year, and quite spectacularly both times i might add.
I think we aren't that far off but we need a lot of luck with injuries and a coach/team that can handle injuries well when they occur.

We just fell apart during the season when some injuries occurred and truthfully they weren't that bad. Tedesco was our biggest loss. He isn't at the level yet where losing him is like losing Robbie or Benji.
the injuries weren't that bad??

around the time we played the cowboys we simulataneously had Tedesco, Nofo, Richards, Simona, Brooks and Anasta out. That's our entire backline bar lawrence....

We had 2nd rowers being named on BOTH wings.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 28 Sep, 2014 11:36 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:we knocked off both grand finalists this year, and quite spectacularly both times i might add.
I think we aren't that far off but we need a lot of luck with injuries and a coach/team that can handle injuries well when they occur.

We just fell apart during the season when some injuries occurred and truthfully they weren't that bad. Tedesco was our biggest loss. He isn't at the level yet where losing him is like losing Robbie or Benji.

around the time we played the cowboys we simulataneously had Tedesco, Nofo, Richards, Simona, Brooks and Anasta out. That's our entire backline bar lawrence....

That is bad but I don't think we had too many occasions like that. I think Potter choose 2nd rowers in the centres and on the wings when he didn't have too.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Mon 29 Sep, 2014 10:24 am

MightyMaggy wrote:
Sabre wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:
happy tiger wrote:pHyR3 I would be positive if I could see we were upgrading our facilities ,upgrading our S&C etc but we won't be

So how does anyone expect us to have less injuries when nothing will change ??
S&C is not God. they can only do so much.

we had a lot of injuries but most were not soft tissue injuries. teddy getting bone damage, noffa get ligament damage, robbie getting bone damage, fulton was concussed half the time. these are all just BAD luck.

im not denying that we need improved facilities though.

i think lack of game plan twards the back end of the season, inexperience, injuries + robbie v tallis costed us the season.
You're kidding if you think it's just bad luck.
You also mention they are not 'soft tissue' and that Noffa had 'ligament' damage. A ligament is soft tissue...

Our S&C have done a very poor job in prevention and recovery when it comes to injuries, not just this year either.
Sabre you are so right!
There is a big lesson to be learnt from the experience of the Waratahs. NOW DON'T IMMEDIATELY JUMP TO "THEY ARE ONLY UNION PLAYERS" BEFORE YOU HEAR ME OUT.
Going back a couple of seasons, the Waratahs had injury and recovery problems over a few years. The season before last they brought in modern techniques and University-trained experts in the field. These new techniques significantly reduced injuries and speeded up the recovery from injuries. This played a big part in their win this season.

They are in the midst of introducing a newer, improved system, which is state-of-the-art in America right now. If I understand correctly, the Waratahs will be part of the on-going development of this technology from now on. This puts them in the fore-front of conditioning, strength-building and rehabilitation world-wide.

The Tigers need to learn about this, immediately. The Roosters are way ahead down this road and our antiquated system is many years behind. :brick:
100%
And I think a lot of people refuse to see it because Skando is a favourite son of the club, truth is he just isn't doing an adequate job of what he is employed to do and has supposedly done studies in.
More so than that though I think Luke Portese's role should be questioned. All this injury drama seems to have taken off since he joined the club.
I don't claim to know the ins and outs of what these 2 do at training and in terms of injury prevention and recovery but I do think it needs to be looked at thoroughly. No other team gets hit by injury anywhere near as bad as us on such a consistent basis.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 29 Sep, 2014 11:03 am

I'm interested in these comparisons Graham, Burgess, Woods. It's apples and oranges.

Woods is a big slab-sided prop, with good early footwork, ability to stand in a tackle and developing an out-the-back offload. He's more the traditional type of prop in that he is not especially fast but can be evasive enough to cause defenders problems with strong contact. He makes a large number of wrapping-style tackles and puts in fairly good minutes.

Burgess is nothing like this build, he is far more dynamic athlete and you get different results. His hitups are not as effective in traffic and he does not typically take the same number of hitups, he picks his moment and takes explosive runs at gaps. His defence is energetic but he doesn't tally the same numbers as Woods, again picking his moments for the bigger hits and quite effective in cover.

Graham is different again, shorter and wider, with an at-line passing game. He can play big minutes and takes a large number of hitups, sometimes very energetic ones on the line, but typically more ambling in centre-field. His defence is ok.

It's like saying Inglis is definitely a better fullback than Slater or Stewart. All different types of footballers and excelling in their own way.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 29 Sep, 2014 11:29 am

Well Jirskyr you are right

But if you asked me who I wanted the most at the Tigers in order

1 Graham
2 S Burgess
3 Woods

But then again , they are the 3 best props in the game

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 29 Sep, 2014 11:59 pm

stevetiger wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:
stevetiger wrote:

That is bad but I don't think we had too many occasions like that. I think Potter choose 2nd rowers in the centres and on the wings when he didn't have too.
that was basically around the time we started getting belted by 40 points every game and the off field issues began/continued.

and yes, potter was forced to because of 2nd tier restrictions. towards the end i think he got cap exemptions