JT is killing it

User avatar
Irvine
Member
Member
Posts: 1330
Joined: Fri 25 Mar, 2011 10:27 pm

JT is killing it

Post by Irvine » Sat 01 Nov, 2014 11:16 pm

Just some positive news JT is really settling in well at camp concord. He seems a very approachable and knowledgeable guy.
His style is one of helping and encouraging players and their is a real buzz about the place.
It's going to be a good year.


User avatar
Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 7913
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Post by Flippedy » Sat 01 Nov, 2014 11:20 pm

Good to hear! Thanks for that info, Irvine.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

tigertye
Member
Member
Posts: 1175
Joined: Sun 20 Mar, 2011 11:59 pm

Post by tigertye » Sat 01 Nov, 2014 11:54 pm

I'm also hearing really good things about JT. Had a young NRL player from the Cowboys over last weekend who's friends with our new room mate. He was coached by JT while he was in the U20's.

He said JT will be great for us. Really spend a lot of one on one time with the players and his biggest asset is getting the best out of individuals and doesn't put up with rubbish and holds people accountable.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.5

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5203
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Newtown » Sun 02 Nov, 2014 1:30 am

The first real test for Taylor will most probably occur just before Round 1 of the coming season. If Lawrence has not overcome the poor form he has been in over the past two seasons will Taylor continue to select him in first grade or will he drop him to State Cup? Taylor's decision could well be season defining.

Jerry Seinfeld
Member
Member
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sun 11 Aug, 2013 11:18 am

Post by Jerry Seinfeld » Sun 02 Nov, 2014 5:21 am

Irvine wrote:Just some positive news JT is really settling in well at camp concord. He seems a very approachable and knowledgeable guy.
His style is one of helping and encouraging players and their is a real buzz about the place.
It's going to be a good year.
Oh okkkk NRL superstar.


User avatar
Black'n'White
Member
Member
Posts: 1863
Joined: Sat 02 Mar, 2013 6:52 pm

Post by Black'n'White » Sun 02 Nov, 2014 7:16 am

Jerry Seinfeld wrote:
Irvine wrote:Just some positive news JT is really settling in well at camp concord. He seems a very approachable and knowledgeable guy.
His style is one of helping and encouraging players and their is a real buzz about the place.
It's going to be a good year.
Oh okkkk NRL superstar.
bit rich coming from Grant Mayers jock strap...

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5064
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 02 Nov, 2014 8:43 am

Irvine I hope your right about JTs demeanour and if he does spend time to get to know each player and their individual playing traits,this is a sign of a very good coach...

Some coaches can sometimes put more effort in to the stars of the team and this can cause friction with the other players...

JT knows it's a team effort and all need to be involved,good on him and it will be great for the WTs....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Sun 02 Nov, 2014 9:48 am

I don't really care. What matters is results on the field or maybe better put how well they perform each week.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 30083
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Post by willow » Sun 02 Nov, 2014 9:55 am

I would just like to extend my thanks to Irvine for creating a positive thread. Looking forward to 2015, hopefully the Tigers kick some.

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25572
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 02 Nov, 2014 10:17 am

When did they resume training?

User avatar
greatodensraven
Member
Member
Posts: 1961
Joined: Sat 15 Dec, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by greatodensraven » Sun 02 Nov, 2014 10:37 am

Monday isn't it?

Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.4

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Sun 02 Nov, 2014 11:29 am

Irvine wrote:Just some positive news JT is really settling in well at camp concord. He seems a very approachable and knowledgeable guy.
His style is one of helping and encouraging players and their is a real buzz about the place.
It's going to be a good year.

Good news is always welcomed Irvine. Thank you :)

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7830
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 02 Nov, 2014 11:49 am

innsaneink wrote:When did they resume training?
Think it was friday

Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.4
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

User avatar
foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 11590
Joined: Mon 27 Jun, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 02 Nov, 2014 12:11 pm

innsaneink wrote:When did they resume training?
There back at training Wednesday the 5th , i read it .... it was quoted on this article that we begin pre season on Wednesday.

“We’ve assembled a team of professionals from a range of areas who we believe have the skill set and drive to bring the best out of every player in the club,” Taylor said in a statement.

“The club has undergone a lot of change recently and I’m confident that our members and supporters will see a positive effect when we take the field for round one.”

Tigers chief executive Grant Mayer welcomed the appointments made by Taylor and football operations boss Phil Moss.

“Jason and Phil have hit the ground running here at Wests Tigers and have brought together an impressive group of individuals to make up their coaching staff,” Mayer said.

“We’re impressed with the direction they are taking the club in and look forward to welcoming the players back to kick start the pre-season.”

The Tigers begin pre-season training on Wednesday.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 19349
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 02 Nov, 2014 12:46 pm

If we're returning on the 5th, then if we are signing anyone, you'd think it should be announced tomorrow or Tuesday, so they're ready to rock up to training come Wednesday.

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25572
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 02 Nov, 2014 12:55 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:When did they resume training?
There back at training Wednesday the 5th , i read it .... it was quoted on this article that we begin pre season on Wednesday.

“We’ve assembled a team of professionals from a range of areas who we believe have the skill set and drive to bring the best out of every player in the club,” Taylor said in a statement.

“The club has undergone a lot of change recently and I’m confident that our members and supporters will see a positive effect when we take the field for round one.”

Tigers chief executive Grant Mayer welcomed the appointments made by Taylor and football operations boss Phil Moss.

“Jason and Phil have hit the ground running here at Wests Tigers and have brought together an impressive group of individuals to make up their coaching staff,” Mayer said.

“We’re impressed with the direction they are taking the club in and look forward to welcoming the players back to kick start the pre-season.”

The Tigers begin pre-season training on Wednesday.

So back on Wednesday?
Maybe the buzz around the place is some wasps in the trees nearby

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Sun 02 Nov, 2014 3:03 pm

innsaneink wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:When did they resume training?
There back at training Wednesday the 5th , i read it .... it was quoted on this article that we begin pre season on Wednesday.

“We’ve assembled a team of professionals from a range of areas who we believe have the skill set and drive to bring the best out of every player in the club,” Taylor said in a statement.

“The club has undergone a lot of change recently and I’m confident that our members and supporters will see a positive effect when we take the field for round one.”

Tigers chief executive Grant Mayer welcomed the appointments made by Taylor and football operations boss Phil Moss.

“Jason and Phil have hit the ground running here at Wests Tigers and have brought together an impressive group of individuals to make up their coaching staff,” Mayer said.

“We’re impressed with the direction they are taking the club in and look forward to welcoming the players back to kick start the pre-season.”

The Tigers begin pre-season training on Wednesday.

So back on Wednesday?
Maybe the buzz around the place is some wasps in the trees nearby

That's funny...... :lol:

Jerry Seinfeld
Member
Member
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sun 11 Aug, 2013 11:18 am

Post by Jerry Seinfeld » Sun 02 Nov, 2014 3:44 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
Jerry Seinfeld wrote:
Irvine wrote:Just some positive news JT is really settling in well at camp concord. He seems a very approachable and knowledgeable guy.
His style is one of helping and encouraging players and their is a real buzz about the place.
It's going to be a good year.
Oh okkkk NRL superstar.
bit rich coming from Grant Mayers jock strap...

Bit hard considering Ive never met the bloke but this "jockstrap" can tell you from within the playing group they are loving the ideas and structures that MAYER has implemented.

Post Reply