NSW Cup & NYC Teams this weekend

Snake

Re: NSW Cup & NYC Teams this weekend

Post by Snake » Thu 12 Feb, 2015 7:03 am

cochise wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Back loaded contracts are mostly important with the young talent

The Tedescos ,Brooks ,Moses and Cherringtons of the club
I highly expect that we had or have players like Blair on back loaded contracts which is why we are in so much trouble. But I'm confident that its in the process of being fixed. JT left no doubt on Sunday that the club will not back load contracts in the future.
What your posts have high lighted is the club has taken a POSITIVE step forward in rectifying this situation,at long last the club is planning for the future not just next season , your posts have enlightened us to the real damage that has been done inthe past .

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Thu 12 Feb, 2015 7:28 am

willow wrote:Akauola at 6 is an interesting choice. State Cup squad still looks a little skinny IMO.
Thats true - although if everyone stays fit come round 1 there will be at least 5 of this weeks NRL squad to drop back plus players returning from injury.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 12 Feb, 2015 7:34 am

cochise wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Back loaded contracts are mostly important with the young talent

I highly expect that we had or have players like Blair on back loaded contracts which is why we are in so much trouble. But I'm confident that its in the process of being fixed. JT left no doubt on Sunday that the club will not back load contracts in the future.
I had left Blair out for obvious reasons but you are correct

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Thu 12 Feb, 2015 1:44 pm

Interesting tam named for this weekends trial match.

Most noticeable is Akoula at 6. Didn't see that one coming. I haven't ever really considered him a half, not that I have ever seen him play there. I'd be a bit worried if I was him considering he cant seem to lock down a position. He's played 2nd row, centre, wing and I'm pretty sure I can remeber him playing front row in the NYC at one stage, now 5/8th.
I'm assuming he's only filling in while Drinkwater is up in first grade, so maybe in that regard he's versatility is a good thing for him personally. Is there any other options for the halves. If any half in firsts or state cup get injured through the year there doesn't seem to be another option to fall back on. Maybe that why JT wants to look at Sirro in the 6 again.

Then there's Fine playing in the second row. I've seen a few people on this forum mention this may be a better position for him. I'd say he's well down the pecking order for backup centre atm.

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Thu 12 Feb, 2015 1:55 pm

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2015 ... nt_ns.html

VB NSW Cup Team

1. Sione Alofi
2. John Sila
3. Watson Heleta
4. Marion Seve
5. Te Kapua Murray
6. Sitaleki Akauola
7. Te Maire Martin
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Joel Luani
10. Dallas Graham
11. Asipeli Fine
12. Salesi Funaki
13. Andy Fiagatusa

Interchange
14. Andrew Kazzi
15. Michael Bullock
16. Wesley Lolo
17. Jordan Grant

Coach: Paul Fletcher

NYC Holden Cup Team

1. Mason Cerruto
2. Obeid Kharwin
3. Ryland Jacobs
4. Esan Marsters
5. Jamian Iroa
6. Veiru Mapesone
7. Eli Levido
8. JJ Felise
9. Jacon Liddle
10. Thomas Grealy
11. Junior Tatola
12. Mark McCormack
13. Peter Ta'auso

Interchange
14. Jaleel Seve-Derbas
15. Jamie Hill
16. Hayden Johnston
17. Hala Masila
18. Dane Coskerie
19. Pio Sokobolava
20. Epalahame Tali
21. Dwayne Lemafa
22. Marcel Owen
23. Jacob Follent
24. Blake Rickard
25. Tom Harris
Int. Makaere Bush
Int. Tiawharangi Arauni

Coach: Brett Kimmorley

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Thu 12 Feb, 2015 1:59 pm

sorry mods, didn't realise there was already a thread up for this

Goose

Post by Goose » Thu 12 Feb, 2015 3:48 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:I find it odd that the standout player frmo last week's NYC trial, Aranui, is suddenlynlisted as an interchage player #27!

While yes some guys were dropping back from NSW Cup, he was huge, broke the line in every charge taking 3-4 opponents to put him down. Didn't see a lot of his defence, but he didn't make any obvious errors that we could see, but the view on the fence at Camden isn't great.

While it's good to see our best young backs all getting another shot against the big boys, it's very worrying seeing Sitaleki at 6. A lot of pressure on young T to do all the play making, especially with no Cherrington at hooker either. Kind of hanging the kids out to dry - playing them out wide with only one creative player to pass or kick the ball to them.

The lack of a halves at NSW Cup level is very worrying, unless JT is planning on playing Martin there all season. 2 contracted halves in the NRL squad Brooks, Moses). 1 half contracted to NSW Cup (Drinkwater). There's just no depth, which we kinda knew, but literally no-one of even average-poor (eg Stevens, ability to play 5/8!

Although there are 4-5 halves in NYC, so i guess there's the very real possibility that TMM will play up a grade all season.

Put Rowe at fullback, Hoeter on the wing for Sila, Cherrington for Luani who moves to lock and then the extra couple of forwards dropping from the NRL and it's a very strong side, as long as there's 2 halves on the field!
Id say the plan will be Moltzen and Drinkwater with Martin getting plenty of chances to play as well.

I reckon Sirro 6 playing in the NRL trial may be practice so he can be the contingency plan for in game injuries.

cochise

Post by cochise » Thu 12 Feb, 2015 7:49 pm

happy tiger wrote:
cochise wrote:

I had left Blair out for obvious reasons but you are correct
Yeah, I was only using blair as an example but there are other players on back loaded contracts. I would guess that Lawrance and Farah might be. It shocks me how many administrators in the game sell a clubs future for a chance at instant success.

I would also doubt that the Bronco's are picking up the entire contract that blair had for this year so I think he is probably still on our books.

cochise

Post by cochise » Thu 12 Feb, 2015 8:00 pm

Snake wrote:
cochise wrote:

What your posts have high lighted is the club has taken a POSITIVE step forward in rectifying this situation,at long last the club is planning for the future not just next season , your posts have enlightened us to the real damage that has been done inthe past .
We are most definately making positive steps. I could not be more impressed by the actions of the board since they took over. The hiring of Moss shows the quick identification of a major problem and swift, astute action to rectify this problem. This is what strong professional boards do, that is what we now have. Another example of this is the employment of Taylor, I was extremely skeptical about his signing, but after seeing his actions over the offseason and listening to him speak about the game and his approaches he is an extremely professional coach who like the board is identifying and weaknesses and putting structures in place to rectify these. Listen to him speak and you will hear him identify many problems that posters on here have been harping on about for years. Then listen to his plans to rectify these, he knows what he is doing.

The future for the Wests Tigers is very bright, it won't be sorted this year but give these guys a couple of years and we will be a much different club. I haven't been this positive since the day before the 2006 season.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Fri 13 Feb, 2015 10:38 am

Goose wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:I find it odd that the standout player frmo last week's NYC trial, Aranui, is suddenlynlisted as an interchage player #27!

While yes some guys were dropping back from NSW Cup, he was huge, broke the line in every charge taking 3-4 opponents to put him down. Didn't see a lot of his defence, but he didn't make any obvious errors that we could see, but the view on the fence at Camden isn't great.

While it's good to see our best young backs all getting another shot against the big boys, it's very worrying seeing Sitaleki at 6. A lot of pressure on young T to do all the play making, especially with no Cherrington at hooker either. Kind of hanging the kids out to dry - playing them out wide with only one creative player to pass or kick the ball to them.

The lack of a halves at NSW Cup level is very worrying, unless JT is planning on playing Martin there all season. 2 contracted halves in the NRL squad Brooks, Moses). 1 half contracted to NSW Cup (Drinkwater). There's just no depth, which we kinda knew, but literally no-one of even average-poor (eg Stevens, ability to play 5/8!

Although there are 4-5 halves in NYC, so i guess there's the very real possibility that TMM will play up a grade all season.

Put Rowe at fullback, Hoeter on the wing for Sila, Cherrington for Luani who moves to lock and then the extra couple of forwards dropping from the NRL and it's a very strong side, as long as there's 2 halves on the field!
Id say the plan will be Moltzen and Drinkwater with Martin getting plenty of chances to play as well.

I reckon Sirro 6 playing in the NRL trial may be practice so he can be the contingency plan for in game injuries.
Thing is, with Moltzen unlikely to come back until half way through the season, (if at all!) that plan doesn't really work. We need a cheapie to cover for now.

What Nathan Waters up to? Even he would be useful, but i think he's gone into coaching? Otherwise get Nicholls down from Brissie.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 13 Feb, 2015 4:06 pm

Muddy is coaching Wests RMC side...

I liked Darren Nicholls when he played NYC for us and later State Cup...would love to see him back with us very good domestic half...can't see him leaving the Broncs to play State Cup here tho...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 14 Feb, 2015 7:42 pm

Nothing on the official site about these games yet (20s would be complete)

Anything on twitter?

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Sat 14 Feb, 2015 7:50 pm

innsaneink wrote:Nothing on the official site about these games yet (20s would be complete)

Anything on twitter?
NYC won 16-14 and We are up 10-4 in state cup

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 14 Feb, 2015 7:52 pm

FULL TIME - Wests Tigers 16 defeat Penrith 14! Good hit-out from our Under 20s squad! Four tries to three #NYCTrial

try Scorers,,,Kharwin Jacobs 2 and Follent

VB CUP in progress

32' - GREAT TRY! Marion Seve finishes a great lead-up with a flurry of passes from Liddle, Martin, Sila and co! 10-0 KTC

HALF TIME in #VBNSWCup Trial - Wests Tigers 10 lead Penrith 4 at WIndsor.
Ivan's Laws

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 14 Feb, 2015 8:03 pm

Geo. wrote:FULL TIME - Wests Tigers 16 defeat Penrith 14! Good hit-out from our Under 20s squad! Four tries to three #NYCTrial

try Scorers,,,Kharwin Jacobs 2 and Follent

VB CUP in progress

32' - GREAT TRY! Marion Seve finishes a great lead-up with a flurry of passes from Liddle, Martin, Sila and co! 10-0 KTC

HALF TIME in #VBNSWCup Trial - Wests Tigers 10 lead Penrith 4 at WIndsor.
I'm guessing they are talking about Ryland Jacobs

Keep him in your black book boys and girls

Boy can play , Titans tried to pinch him from Keebra I have been told

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 14 Feb, 2015 8:06 pm

45' - TRY TIME! Joel Luani gives a great ball close to the line to Jordan Grant who scores the try! 14-4 KTC

46' - Martin adds the extras from under the sticks and we now lead 16-4 over Penrith

55' - We've shown some gritty defence following on from the last try, holding out the Panthers for three consecutive sets

59' - Continued pressure from Penrith eventually results in a try to Tala Mapesone out wide. Kick is missed, we lead 16-8

65' - Penrith having all the field postion and possesion this half... We hold a 16-8 lead

72' - TRY TIME! Salesi Funaki scores a great try after gettting a nice offload from Eli Levido 35m out! 20-8 KTC

74' - Levido adds the extras and we are leading 22-8 over Penrith #VBNSWCup

FULL TIME in our #VBNSWCup trial match: Wests Tigers 22 defeat Penrith 8! A solid display from our boys!
Ivan's Laws

willow

Post by willow » Sat 14 Feb, 2015 10:17 pm

A couple of good hitouts for our teams tonight from the sounds of it.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 14 Feb, 2015 11:40 pm

Nice ...thanks guys...good weekend all round for the club...should put an extra spring in everyones step next week