NRL Trial Side Named *GAME THREAD

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28445
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Re: NRL Trial Side Named *GAME THREAD

Post by innsaneink » Sun 15 Feb, 2015 11:30 am

AmericanHistoryX wrote:that's not the point - we built a wall. We never really had that in our culture before. This is new. This isn't about Parra. this is about us. Let's be grateful for change in this case.
Baby steps.
yeh its new and a 4 point scoreline against is rare, but really we dont know what they were up against....I'll be grateful when its fairly consistent


User avatar
pHyR3
Member
Member
Posts: 5048
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 7:11 pm

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 15 Feb, 2015 11:37 am

keep in mind, we did something similar last preseason from memory.

our defence was quite good for the first 60-70 before we threw on the NYC/NSW teams.

it might indicate a nice start this year, but trials dont tend to show where a team finishes up at the end. still its good to keep em to 1 lucky try.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Furious1
Member
Member
Posts: 961
Joined: Thu 09 Jun, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Furious1 » Sun 15 Feb, 2015 1:49 pm

pHyR3 wrote:keep in mind, we did something similar last preseason from memory.

our defence was quite good for the first 60-70 before we threw on the NYC/NSW teams.

it might indicate a nice start this year, but trials dont tend to show where a team finishes up at the end. still its good to keep em to 1 lucky try.
Didn't we win quite a number of our first 8 games or something? ( too lazy to look it up) and then the injuries kicked in. What we need is a bit of luck, especially given some of the players we have let go

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Sun 15 Feb, 2015 3:15 pm

stevetiger wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:Thank Jehova we have the "realists" to keep us optimists in check.....cheers guys.
I'm an optimist as well. I think we can do well. Its just that so far there is nothing to get worked up about.

Last year we had our moments as well. When we had our bench full of beasts and Teddy giving us some spark out wide we looked great. I just hope that Taylor realizes that a big pack and fast outside backs are crucial to winning games. All the skill in the world in the halves and spine won't mean jack if our forwards get smashed and out outside backs look like there walking rather than sprinting.
I'am willing to bet money, that JT knows what it takes to win footy games Stevetiger. ;)

TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5418
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 15 Feb, 2015 4:55 pm

Just a question for you guys that read or heard reports of the trial against Parra.....

Did Sila play a strong game and what position did he play ?
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28969
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 15 Feb, 2015 5:15 pm

Sila played in the State Cup trial V Penrith on the wing and was solid by all reports coming up with a nice try assist for Seve....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5418
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 15 Feb, 2015 5:48 pm

Thanks GEO ,he could surprise us this year if he has good form...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28445
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 15 Feb, 2015 6:49 pm


User avatar
weststigers
Member
Member
Posts: 731
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 6:25 pm

Post by weststigers » Sun 15 Feb, 2015 6:59 pm

Who was weakening No.14 for the Tiges? He looked huge.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

User avatar
weststigers
Member
Member
Posts: 731
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 6:25 pm

Post by weststigers » Sun 15 Feb, 2015 7:00 pm

weststigers wrote:Who was weakening No.14 for the Tiges? He looked huge.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Wearing not weakening...autocorrect!

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28969
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 15 Feb, 2015 7:17 pm

weststigers wrote:
weststigers wrote:Who was weakening No.14 for the Tiges? He looked huge.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Wearing not weakening...autocorrect!

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
That would be Ava SEUMANUFAGAI
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
AmericanHistoryX
Member
Member
Posts: 7181
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Ho Chi Min City

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 15 Feb, 2015 7:35 pm

innsaneink wrote:
AmericanHistoryX wrote:that's not the point - we built a wall. We never really had that in our culture before. This is new. This isn't about Parra. this is about us. Let's be grateful for change in this case.
Baby steps.
yeh its new and a 4 point scoreline against is rare, but really we dont know what they were up against....I'll be grateful when its fairly consistent

i don't blame you
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

Image
"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

User avatar
weststigers
Member
Member
Posts: 731
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 6:25 pm

Post by weststigers » Sun 15 Feb, 2015 8:51 pm

Geo. wrote:
weststigers wrote:
weststigers wrote:Who was weakening No.14 for the Tiges? He looked huge.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Wearing not weakening...autocorrect!

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
That would be Ava SEUMANUFAGAI
Man! I thought it was him, but he looked like he was moving too well! Wow!

User avatar
pHyR3
Member
Member
Posts: 5048
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 7:11 pm

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 15 Feb, 2015 10:22 pm

Furious1 wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:keep in mind, we did something similar last preseason from memory.

our defence was quite good for the first 60-70 before we threw on the NYC/NSW teams.

it might indicate a nice start this year, but trials dont tend to show where a team finishes up at the end. still its good to keep em to 1 lucky try.
Didn't we win quite a number of our first 8 games or something? ( too lazy to look it up) and then the injuries kicked in. What we need is a bit of luck, especially given some of the players we have let go

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
well yea pretty much. trials tend to be slightly indicative of the first few rounds. not usually the whole season though.

but the first 7 or 8 games was crazy across the NRL last year

Dogs 1st, Tigers 2nd, Titans 4th, Dragons 6th, Souths and Roosters bottom 8, Warriors 2nd last, Cows 14th
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Post Reply