NRL Trial Side Named *GAME THREAD

Yossarian

Re: NRL Trial Side Named *GAME THREAD

Post by Yossarian » Fri 13 Feb, 2015 10:50 pm

Flippedy wrote:
Yossarian wrote:Gee it is like Eels radio. 20 blot and apparently Parra can take a lot from this game...
Parra took the game to the Alice last year, they must've made heaps of friends :lol:
The second commentator would be lucky to find his way home. He's hopeless

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 13 Feb, 2015 10:55 pm

Full time in Alice Springs. WT 20 Parra 4. I'd be happy if I never had to hear those clowns again. One of the almost wet himself at the end when Parra almost scored

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Fri 13 Feb, 2015 10:56 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
Yossarian wrote:Gee it is like Eels radio. 20 blot and apparently Parra can take a lot from this game...
Parra took the game to the Alice last year, they must've made heaps of friends :lol:
The second commentator would be lucky to find his way home. He's hopeless
Is he The Product ??? Going by the commentator Parra fielded this Product guy 13 times

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 13 Feb, 2015 10:57 pm

thank god that's over...

Wests Tigers 20 Defeat Parramatta 4......

Robbie happy with Da-Fence... ;)

The Product is Luke Kelly...who is from NT...hence 'The Product'
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

willow

Post by willow » Fri 13 Feb, 2015 10:58 pm

Plenty of penalties and a bit of dropped ball, but our D was solid and I reckon Taylor would be pretty happy with that hit out. Now to get the boys watered and back to Sydney safe and sound for the Sharks next week.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 13 Feb, 2015 11:01 pm

very happy with the result, even if it is only a trial. No doubt the guys have trained all season knowing they have a point to prove. The key is playing with this attitude in round 1. If they do that, it's all you can ask

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 13 Feb, 2015 11:02 pm

Also looking forward to watching them live against the Sharks next week

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 13 Feb, 2015 11:13 pm

Did Lawrence play? If so, how'd he go?

LaT

Post by LaT » Fri 13 Feb, 2015 11:17 pm

Nice result, sounded like good defence keeping them scoreless until the 70th minute.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 13 Feb, 2015 11:24 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Did Lawrence play? If so, how'd he go?
The commentary was pathetic so really hard to judge...He did drop one ball but he wasn't Robinson Crusoe there....

Eels attacked side to side on our line and only scored from a kick so defensively they held up very well,,,
Ivan's Laws

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Fri 13 Feb, 2015 11:31 pm

I gotta say I listened to about 70mins of the game and didn't hear Moses mentioned once. Could be because the commentators didn't know any of the players (they had Simona playing for the eels for the first quarter) but it sounded like drinkwater controlled the whole game.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 13 Feb, 2015 11:42 pm

Wests Tigers have opened their 2015 season in fine fashion — defeating the Parramatta Eels 20-4 in a trial match on Friday night at ANZAC Oval in Alice Springs.

It was an impressive performance from Jason Taylor’s side that saw the Eels kept scoreless for more than 70 minutes of the match, with new recruits Josh Drinkwater and Kevin Naiaqma dominating on the attacking end to give the visitors a 16-point win.

Parramatta threatened to post the first points of the match on several opportunities, but couldn’t do so in the first quarter.

Their best chance in the opening 20 minutes came through a linebreak by Luke Kelly, who tried to chip Shannon McDonnell but ran into the fullback, and Naiqama cleaned up for the visitors to ensure that the score remained 0-0 at the first quarter break.

After starting the second quarter with three repeat sets on the Eels line, it was Jason Taylor’s side who posted first points of the night, with Drinkwater throwing a lovely cut-out ball for Naiqama to score in the corner after 27 minutes.

Richards couldn’t convert from out wide and the score remained 4-0.

The hosts would continue to attack Wests Tigers’ line as the half expired, but Taylor’s side’s defensive resolve would win out and keep the Eels at bay.

That would see Wests Tigers take somewhat of a surprise 4-0 lead in to the half-time sheds, with Parramatta having had the majority of the territorial advantage.

Both sides would make a number of changes at the break with some of their more experienced players taking a break, but Taylor’s side would pick up where they left off before the break — crossing for more points shortly after the break.

It was again Drinkwater heavily involved in the build-up — this time putting the ball through the line, with Delouise Hoeter adjusting quickest to dive on the loose ball in the in-goal and extend the hosts’ lead to 10-0 following Richards’ conversion.

Further stiff defence from Wests Tigers would continue to frustrate the Eels as they forced errors, with Brad Arthur’s side made to pay once more in the 55th minute as some sharp work from Manaia Cherrington allowed Richards to score in the corner.

The veteran couldn’t convert through, and the lead remained 14-0.

Drinkwater continued to have a strong impact on the match, and added his third try-assist of the night when he grubbered through perfectly for Naiqama to score in the corner for his second try of the night. The former London Broncos playmaker then slotted the sideline conversion for a 20-0 lead after 64 minutes.

After Naiqama narrowly missed out on grabbing his third try of the match from a Sitaleki Akauola grubber, Parramatta finally crossed for points in the 74th minute when Fabian Goodall stripped Pat Richards one-on-one in the in-goal to score.

Kelly couldn’t convert, and the score remained 20-4 with five minutes to play.

Both teams would have small chances in the remaining few minutes, but wouldn’t trouble the scorers, as Wests Tigers walked away from ANZAC Oval with a 20-4 win.

Jason Taylor’s men will look to build on their impressive pre-season form when they take on the Cronulla Sharks on February 21 at Campbelltown Sports Stadium.

NRL FULL TIME — Wests Tigers 20 (Naiqama 2, Hoeter, Richards tries; Drinkwater, Richards goals) def. Parramatta Eels 4 (Goodall tries).

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2015 ... l_tri.html
Ivan's Laws

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Sat 14 Feb, 2015 3:54 am

They seem to want to emphasise that this is Taylor's side in that match report

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 14 Feb, 2015 5:20 am

Should we expect Tedesco getting some game time vs the Sharks ?

I recall Taylor saying a few weeks back that there was a chance Teddy getting some game time .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sat 14 Feb, 2015 7:17 am

If you go to the CAAMA website and look for Parramatta Eels vs Wests Tigers there is a little slide show from last nights game.

While the broadcast was difficult to understand I reckon it's worth cutting them some slack as they don't see a lot of NRL out this way. I found it interesting from the cross cultural perspective with the almost instant personalisation of players by giving them nicknames and the multiple attempts at trying to announce difficult names. Getting names (identities) right is very important in traditional culture. This was the announcers way of drawing players into relevance with the local mob.
CAAMA is broadcast to very remote communities, many of which don't get a lot of experience with NRL. Wests Tigers (especially Quadja) will now have supporters in some remote places. If these announcers gained more experience with NRL, I reckon you would find their broadcasts hilarious in time.
"Quality Stupidity"

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sat 14 Feb, 2015 7:41 am

I have read the match report and although it was a trial game,it sounds like the team is on track for a reasonable season ahead...

Defence seemed to be mentioned a bit,particularly the WTs ,also we may have talented depth....Drinkwater appears to be a good proposition and some of the others played well,Ava,Cherrington etc..

Only a trial but it must give JT and the club as a whole a fair bit of confidence in the team.Great to see them have a win......

If they had got flogged by fifty or so,then that would have been horrific...even though teams have been beaten by huge amounts in trials and still come good in the season,our young guys would have got a lot out of that trial......cheers WTs forever...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 14 Feb, 2015 7:42 am

NT Tiger wrote:If you go to the CAAMA website and look for Parramatta Eels vs Wests Tigers there is a little slide show from last nights game.

While the broadcast was difficult to understand I reckon it's worth cutting them some slack as they don't see a lot of NRL out this way. I found it interesting from the cross cultural perspective with the almost instant personalisation of players by giving them nicknames and the multiple attempts at trying to announce difficult names. Getting names (identities) right is very important in traditional culture. This was the announcers way of drawing players into relevance with the local mob.
CAAMA is broadcast to very remote communities, many of which don't get a lot of experience with NRL. Wests Tigers (especially Quadja) will now have supporters in some remote places. If these announcers gained more experience with NRL, I reckon you would find their broadcasts hilarious in time.
On reflection NT you are right my pathetic comment was way to harsh and I take it back...they certainly were enthusiastic...maybe it was the Parwa bias that put me off but that is to be expected and no worse than when Steel Sports Radio call a Newtown game....

In the end even I was rooting for Quadja...I think it could catch on...
Ivan's Laws

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sat 14 Feb, 2015 7:53 am

NT and GEO,I didn't get to hear the games commentary only seen the result on the WT website this morning...
However reading both your comments it seems they were a little unorganised as far as the commentary goes,having said that,taking NRL games out that way and other places can only be a good thing for the communities and the NRL overall.I hope the kids out at Alice Springs enjoyed the night and seen some of their favourite players in their area...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D