Wests Tigers team v Sharks

jirskyr

Re: Wests Tigers team v Sharks

Post by jirskyr » Thu 19 Feb, 2015 10:51 am

innsaneink wrote:
Geo. wrote:Sharks: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Sosaia Feki, 3 Gerard Beale, 4 Ricky Leutele, 5 Valentine Holmes, 6 Ben Barba, 7 Jeff Robson, 8 Andrew Fifita, 9 Michael Ennis, 10 Matt Prior, 11 Anthony Tupou, 12 Wade Graham, 13 Paul Gallen (c). Interchange: 14 Pat Politoni, 15 Tinirau Arona, 18 Mitch Brown, 19 Kyle Stanley, 22 Jack Bird, 26 Chris Heighington, 35 David Fifita.

Their best 17 I'd say should be a good test....how Gallen is there after his 'hit' on Turner is beyond me....
yeh gee thats a strong line up...I like our bench better though for whatever thats worth, still will be a good run for our boys before round one....as long as we play well and the way WE (JT) wants us to play thats all that matters...and little injuries
Sharkies are a lot like us, trying to get juice out of players that, on their day, can be good. They have real weakness in the centres and props.

The only legit first-grade prop they have is A Fifita; they are otherwise full of backrowers. "Creative" backrowers too, not necessarily those to run strong lines for the halves.

Personally I think Beale is better suited to wing or FB, I don't think he has the goods for centre.

Their bench is average: lots of fringe FG players (including 3 of our "rejects"), and for this game heavily stacked with backs. No Lewis, Bukuya, Tagatese, who I would imagine would all be ahead of most of the current bench.

They are putting a lot of faith (and money) in the performance of Barba and no-frills Robson. So are we with Moses/Brooks. I imagine Holmes is the first-choice backup in the halves.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Thu 19 Feb, 2015 10:52 am

Tigerdon wrote:We have a lot of possibilities for the centres. Lawrence, Simona, Naiqama, Nofoaluma, Fine, Seve ect..
We just need a gun second rower to create space for them like Ellis did.
Rather than putting money into a centre for next year, i'd be looking to sign the best 2nd rower on the market.
Merrin should be high on that list .
Massive motor .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 19 Feb, 2015 11:14 am

jirskyr wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Geo. wrote:Sharks: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Sosaia Feki, 3 Gerard Beale, 4 Ricky Leutele, 5 Valentine Holmes, 6 Ben Barba, 7 Jeff Robson, 8 Andrew Fifita, 9 Michael Ennis, 10 Matt Prior, 11 Anthony Tupou, 12 Wade Graham, 13 Paul Gallen (c). Interchange: 14 Pat Politoni, 15 Tinirau Arona, 18 Mitch Brown, 19 Kyle Stanley, 22 Jack Bird, 26 Chris Heighington, 35 David Fifita.

Their best 17 I'd say should be a good test....how Gallen is there after his 'hit' on Turner is beyond me....
yeh gee thats a strong line up...I like our bench better though for whatever thats worth, still will be a good run for our boys before round one....as long as we play well and the way WE (JT) wants us to play thats all that matters...and little injuries
Sharkies are a lot like us, trying to get juice out of players that, on their day, can be good. They have real weakness in the centres and props.

The only legit first-grade prop they have is A Fifita; they are otherwise full of backrowers. "Creative" backrowers too, not necessarily those to run strong lines for the halves.

Personally I think Beale is better suited to wing or FB, I don't think he has the goods for centre.

Their bench is average: lots of fringe FG players (including 3 of our "rejects"), and for this game heavily stacked with backs. No Lewis, Bukuya, Tagatese, who I would imagine would all be ahead of most of the current bench.

They are putting a lot of faith (and money) in the performance of Barba and no-frills Robson. So are we with Moses/Brooks. I imagine Holmes is the first-choice backup in the halves.
Spot on...when and if ijuries hit...same for us...crunch time

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 21 Feb, 2015 6:10 pm

Richards is out...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 21 Feb, 2015 6:13 pm

Wests Tigers have finalised their team for tonight’s NRL trial match against the Cronulla Sharks at Campbelltown Sports Stadium from 7:00pm AEDT.

There is a full live stream of the match available weststigers.com.au/video/LiveStream, to be commentated by Wests Tigers legends John Skandalis and Liam Fulton.

Coach Jason Taylor has been forced into one change for tonight’s match, with winger Pat Richards ruled out of the match with an oblique injury.

Richards’ withdrawl is only a precautiony one and he will be available for selection in Round 1.

Richards is replaced in the starting team by Delouise Hoeter, with James Tedesco set to make his long-awaited return from injury off the interchange bench.

Click here to follow Wests Tigers on Twitter for all live scores and commentary.

Unite. Commit. Achieve. Show your support in season 2015 by becoming a member today!
1. Shannon McDonnell
2. Kevin Naiqama
3. Tim Simona
4. Chris Lawrence
16. Delouise Hoeter
6. Mitchell Moses
7. Luke Brooks
8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah (capt.)
10. Keith Galloway
11. Curtis Sironen
12. Sauaso Sue
13. Dene Halatau

Interchange
14. Ava Seumanufagai
17. Brenden Santi
20. James Tedesco
22. Martin Taupau
25. Matthew Lodge

Coach: Jason Taylor

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2015 ... l_tri.html
happy tiger wrote:
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 7:15 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:If we only concede 4 points against this side, that will be a statement.
How about 8...is that half a statement?
happy tiger wrote:
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 7:43 am

Very encouraging