Wests Tigers team v Sharks

Jerry Seinfeld

Re: Wests Tigers team v Sharks

Unread post by Jerry Seinfeld » Wed 18 Feb, 2015 6:13 pm

king sirro wrote:I wonder if JT is anticipating a throwback to 05 with these rules about speeding up the play the ball. Could be the reason Halatau is at lock. I've made no secret that I don't rate Dene as a player, but he is a very good dummy half runner, and if the play the ball area is lightning quick then he will have an field day scooting out of there off the back of Woods and Farah.

So I've decided to keep an open mind......for now. But one lazy defensively lapse for Halatau and I'll jump back on the anti wagon
This is an extremely insightful post.Ive certainly have hoped the last few years we would see a revert back to the rules of 2005 but it hasnt happened if it does happen this year our teamwith Halatau,Farah etc aswell as Brooks,Moses and crew should excel wonderfully.Im thinking they are changing the rules to help the broncos(surprise surprise)with their speedier Milford and mobile pack.We just happen to be on the right side of the fence this time.

LCA
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by LCA » Wed 18 Feb, 2015 6:50 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:We name a trial team and people get hysterical! Not sure why people are insinuating who does and doesn't deserve their spots, when I bet no one has been to training each week to watch performances and there is only limited coverage of last weeks trial.

This will be close to our best squad with a couple of exceptions. Looking forward to seeing how they defend, nothing else. Defend well and no injuries and I'll be happy.
"WE" didn't name them, mate. Those we've entrusted to make a difference named them. And, I can't see where the difference is going to come from.

You are expecting that Lawrence has become a better defender and more able to move laterally?

You're expecting that Galloway has developed the grunt and impact of a top notch front-row forward?

If they haven't shown those qualities in the trials/pre-season, then what's the point in having them in this squad?

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 393 times

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 18 Feb, 2015 10:03 pm

Sharks: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Sosaia Feki, 3 Gerard Beale, 4 Ricky Leutele, 5 Valentine Holmes, 6 Ben Barba, 7 Jeff Robson, 8 Andrew Fifita, 9 Michael Ennis, 10 Matt Prior, 11 Anthony Tupou, 12 Wade Graham, 13 Paul Gallen (c). Interchange: 14 Pat Politoni, 15 Tinirau Arona, 18 Mitch Brown, 19 Kyle Stanley, 22 Jack Bird, 26 Chris Heighington, 35 David Fifita.

Their best 17 I'd say should be a good test....how Gallen is there after his 'hit' on Turner is beyond me....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Wed 18 Feb, 2015 10:12 pm

Geo. wrote:Sharks: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Sosaia Feki, 3 Gerard Beale, 4 Ricky Leutele, 5 Valentine Holmes, 6 Ben Barba, 7 Jeff Robson, 8 Andrew Fifita, 9 Michael Ennis, 10 Matt Prior, 11 Anthony Tupou, 12 Wade Graham, 13 Paul Gallen (c). Interchange: 14 Pat Politoni, 15 Tinirau Arona, 18 Mitch Brown, 19 Kyle Stanley, 22 Jack Bird, 26 Chris Heighington, 35 David Fifita.

Their best 17 I'd say should be a good test....how Gallen is there after his 'hit' on Turner is beyond me....
:shock: , that is a really decent side . We should get a good Gage on our side after this game .
I hope plenty of Tigers get out there and support our Boys , should be a great Day out .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 18 Feb, 2015 10:20 pm

If we only concede 4 points against this side, that will be a statement.

jirskyr
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 133 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Wed 18 Feb, 2015 10:29 pm

Eddie wrote:
jirskyr wrote:Two things.

#1 - has anyone given thought that despite all the complaints about Lawrence and Galloway, this is the 3rd successive coach to name them as first-choice? It tells me that we don't have better options in the squad, and future complaints are futile until we unearth a better option, or current management gets to do more recruiting. I suppose the same argument goes for Shannon Mac, who despite being custard, gets another life.

Thats a pretty simplistic way of looking at it. Maybe the fans get annoyed because these types of players have led us to 3 straight bottom half finishes.

Maybe there big salaries are big reason they remain in First grade. And maybe the fact that these big salaries don't allow us room to recruit players to replace them is another reason. Plus the issues we have had with second tier salary cap.

On performances Lawrence is lucky to be in 1st grade. I have less of a problem with Galloway although i thought he was sluggish last year.
Well if you think Lawrence should be out, who to replace him? All our coaches seem to think he is supposed to be there.

guyofthetiger
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by guyofthetiger » Wed 18 Feb, 2015 11:28 pm

I'd really like to see Nofo given a chance at centre if Lawrence still shows a lack of speed.

Think he's got the footy brain and runs the right lines to develop well there.

But that's just a hunch.
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

VanillaThunder
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by VanillaThunder » Thu 19 Feb, 2015 3:30 am

guyofthetiger wrote:I'd really like to see Nofo given a chance at centre if Lawrence still shows a lack of speed.

But that's just a hunch.
He'd make a great centre, problem is he's also the best finisher we have in the team. Maybe if Kevvy N plays inside him we could see them swap around every odd set, just to throw something different at the defence.
It would definitely be a dynamic edge, even more so with a Liolevave, Akauola or Taupau inside them.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

greatodensraven
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Thu 19 Feb, 2015 7:31 am

guyofthetiger wrote:I'd really like to see Nofo given a chance at centre if Lawrence still shows a lack of speed.

But that's just a hunch.
I like the sounds of that. Nofo & Kev on one side, Simona & Richards the other.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 393 times

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 19 Feb, 2015 7:42 am

I'd like to know when Naiqama became Reg Gasnier...don't get me wrong I like the guy but fact remains at 24 he has been unable to get a regular starting spot at his previous Clubs,,,he was good in the Nines and the trial ...time will tell I guess....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

greatodensraven
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Thu 19 Feb, 2015 8:08 am

Geo. wrote:I'd like to know when Naiqama became Reg Gasnier...don't get me wrong I like the guy but fact remains at 24 he has been unable to get a regular starting spot at his previous Clubs,,,he was good in the Nines and the trial ...time will tell I guess....
True that but going on current form this backline Kev/Nofo/Simona/Richards is > Kev/Simona/Lawrence/Richards.

I like Kev's attitude too. He talked the talk in the press & has backed it up with some good performances.

Still theres a long season ahead.

AmericanHistoryX

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Thu 19 Feb, 2015 8:48 am

Geo. wrote:I'd like to know when Naiqama became Reg Gasnier...don't get me wrong I like the guy but fact remains at 24 he has been unable to get a regular starting spot at his previous Clubs,,,he was good in the Nines and the trial ...time will tell I guess....
Thank you Geo for common sense

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.1
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Thu 19 Feb, 2015 9:15 am

Cracking post :lol: , Brilliant .

Yeah agreed the Jury is still out on him , If Ivan Cleary didn't extend his Contract at the Panthers well that's telling you something , he was never going to get in front of Josh Mansour or David Simmons .
I do feel Naiqama is on a mission and is going to raise a few eye brows this year .

Love your post Geo , Reg Gasnier :lol:
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Thu 19 Feb, 2015 9:59 am

Geo. wrote:Sharks: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Sosaia Feki, 3 Gerard Beale, 4 Ricky Leutele, 5 Valentine Holmes, 6 Ben Barba, 7 Jeff Robson, 8 Andrew Fifita, 9 Michael Ennis, 10 Matt Prior, 11 Anthony Tupou, 12 Wade Graham, 13 Paul Gallen (c). Interchange: 14 Pat Politoni, 15 Tinirau Arona, 18 Mitch Brown, 19 Kyle Stanley, 22 Jack Bird, 26 Chris Heighington, 35 David Fifita.

yeh gee thats a strong line up...I like our bench better though for whatever thats worth, still will be a good run for our boys before round one....as long as we play well and the way WE (JT) wants us to play thats all that matters...and little injuries

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Thu 19 Feb, 2015 10:22 am

Yeh good lineup. Wish we had signed Beale.

My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Thu 19 Feb, 2015 10:40 am

tig_prmz wrote:Yeh good lineup. Wish we had signed Beale.

Spot on

Snapper

Unread post by Snapper » Thu 19 Feb, 2015 10:42 am

Brooks risks going into the Tigers opening fixture against Gold Coast on March 7 underdone, with Saturday’s final trial fixture against Cronulla his sole pre-season hitout for the joint venture. Taylor will opt for Brooks and fellow young gun Mitchell Moses as his first-choice halves combination for this year.

But he admits they haven’t had as much time to gel as he would have

“It was great for Brooksy to play in the All Stars last weekend, but it would have been good to have him for us,” Taylor said. “We only get the one trial for those two together and for the rest of the team to have their halfback who is going to start the season.

“That is not ideal, but that is why this trial on the weekend is really important for us.” Another focus for the Tigers will be on injury-prone fullback James Tedesco.

The 22-year-old, who reneged on a deal with Canberra to re-sign with the Tigers midway through last season, will play his first game in more than six months against the Sharks following his recovery from a knee injury.

“He has been training well. He will spend a bit of time on the field, he won’t start,” Taylor said.

“But it is a big boost for us.”

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Thu 19 Feb, 2015 10:43 am

We have a lot of possibilities for the centres. Lawrence, Simona, Naiqama, Nofoaluma, Fine, Seve ect..
We just need a gun second rower to create space for them like Ellis did.
Rather than putting money into a centre for next year, i'd be looking to sign the best 2nd rower on the market.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Return to “Season 2015 - Offseason, Preseason and Trials”