WT Tigers to stream Saturday game

DonnyBrasco

WT Tigers to stream Saturday game

Post by DonnyBrasco » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 11:47 am

innsaneink wrote:Haha....get off your arses and go out to the game, it was FREE too (for members)...and we saw it all.
Not all of us can make it out to games, but I'm not sure it was the Tigers fault. The blame has to be laid on the people who are meant to be experts in this field and supplying the stream, they are the ones who should have known better, not our club.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Tigers for 2022!

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 11:48 am

I couldn't believe (well I can) the meltdown on here last night from a live stream that didn't work out .

If it was Foxtel you could understand the outrage !

Offical member of the MCK fan club.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 11:56 am

innsaneink wrote:Haha....get off your arses and go out to the game, it was FREE too (for members)...and we saw it all.
We all live in Sydney do we?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 12:02 pm

Here we see the "I want it and I want it yesterday" generation.
Immediate info and nothing less will suffice.
Pfft

If people paid, I could understand...but no, you lost nothing.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 12:07 pm

It's not a first off attempt! I streamed a trial match last year and had no issues. This year I couldn't get any vision of it at all, and not for want if trying.

All good to say why didn't you just go, members are FREE, but I live in Newcastle so it is $50 for me to get there and back even if entry was free.

It was a massive let down. I don't see how people can say good initiative when I got nothing but a blank screen the entire game...how is that a great initiative? It's like the club offering everyone free jerseys if you attend the game only to turn up and discover only the first 5 got one.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 12:18 pm

innsaneink wrote:Here we see the "I want it and I want it yesterday" generation.
Pfft

And all I see is the lucky ones saying ' it worked for me so bugger everyone else'

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 12:20 pm

No mate...I went to the ground and cheered from there....its what footy is about to me

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 12:22 pm

innsaneink wrote:No mate...I went to the ground and cheered from there....its what footy is about to me
So I was right. You got to see the game so bugger everyone else. The me generation.
As I said before not everyone lives in Sydney.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 12:35 pm

Saw the 1st half, missed the 2nd. I was disappointed but not angry, just happy they're trying something new. It will benefit me (in the middle of nowhere) in the long run if/when they get it right.
"Quality Stupidity"

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 12:37 pm

Wrong reply mate not everyone is as fortunate , but i feel the Club has embarrassed itself ? that is if we are supposed to be a Professional Club.

Look me personally i didn't get to worked up ? actually didn't at all cause it's only a Trial but i understand people's frustration.
Also some people are Member's Interstate .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 12:41 pm

NT Tiger wrote:Saw the 1st half, missed the 2nd. I was disappointed but not angry, just happy they're trying something new. It will benefit me (in the middle of nowhere) in the long run if/when they get it right.
I'm with you NT

It wasn't if they went "Lets get people not show up and watch the live feed and then have it die because it will get overloaded "

I'm not GM's biggest fan , but I appreciate the thought and the effort the club made to try and get the game to ALL of its fans

Looks like they are starting to realize we have just as many fans (if not more ) outside the 100km around Campbelltown and Leichardt as we do inside it

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 12:47 pm

Worked until 6.45pm nearly an hour away from the ground. But yes I should have driven two hours all round to watch 30 minutes of a trial game.

Surprising considering you're the first person to usually complain about something.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 12:47 pm

How can a server respond to 16,000 computers? The server has to divide the upload to 16,000 PCs. If too many people on it will lag cause its tryign to even out the latency
Australia's internet infrastructure is not like that of Japan/korea/Taiwan etc

It's not just this game but a lot of things. Like when tickets go on sale for big events the server cannot cater for all the computers. When I worked at ticketek the same things happened every week.

Please stop complaining people. It's not the the clubs fault. If you don't like it go to the game.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 12:47 pm

innsaneink wrote:No mate...I went to the ground and cheered from there....its what footy is about to me
Yeah cos only real supporters go to the game.

:lol: :lol:

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 12:49 pm

innsaneink wrote:Here we see the "I want it and I want it yesterday" generation.
Pfft

If I promise a client something I deliver it. Near enough isn't good enough. Maybe for the older generation it is though.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 12:50 pm

fergiefurr wrote:I'm sorry but it is really s*** form by the club. They promoted it all week and even during the game were posting the link. The quality was terrible and lagging then for the majority of fans it completely stopped working. It was beyond amateurish.

It was a great concept however once again they let the lot fan base down. If you are going to promote it all week at least have the capability of pulling it off. Unfortunately broken promises are nearly expected as a Wests tigers fan.

From the reaction on here and social media I'd say 80-90% of fans who attempted to watch it had major issues. It's not good enough. Don't promote and promise a live stream if you aren't capable of pulling it off.

This pretty much sums it up for me ....idea 10/10 but the executing of the idea was beyond amatuerish.1/10.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 12:54 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:It's not a first off attempt! I streamed a trial match last year and had no issues. This year I couldn't get any vision of it at all, and not for want if trying.

All good to say why didn't you just go, members are FREE, but I live in Newcastle so it is $50 for me to get there and back even if entry was free.

It was a massive let down. I don't see how people can say good initiative when I got nothing but a blank screen the entire game...how is that a great initiative? It's like the club offering everyone free jerseys if you attend the game only to turn up and discover only the first 5 got one.

The tigers would have needed a very good net provider/server.
They prob trying to run it off a couple servers when they should be distributing off multiple. Its not easy. You have tigers fans, sharks fans, NRL fans all logging on same time. Server can't cope with all the traffic.

Companies dont want to spend more money on better servers when it only happens "once in a while.

Try logging on to ticketek on "On Sale" says at 9 am and see what happens to their servers.

Have you used internet in Japan and noticed the difference in speed?

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 1:02 pm

DonnyBrasco wrote:
Not all of us can make it out to games, but I'm not sure it was the Tigers fault. The blame has to be laid on the people who are meant to be experts in this field and supplying the stream, they are the ones who should have known better, not our club.

It's a bit hard to drop into Cambo Stadium from the Gold Coast for the game, it's not exactly just around the corner.
It's a bit of a pain if someone says something will happen, and your plans are changed so it can be watched, only to find it is unwatchable.
Maybe it would have been better if xcast had mentioned that the quality would be z grade.
If they didn't know that was the case then they were'nt very professional.