Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 54 times

Re: WT Tigers to stream Saturday game

Unread post by gallagher » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 2:05 pm

innsaneink wrote:
gallagher wrote:
innsaneink wrote:What a bunch of sooks this club has for supporters

Still whining...harden up you pussys, have a tissue- dry your eyes. :roll:

Any tissues left in that box after your annual 'no members badge' whinge?
Oh man ....you had to go all the way back two years eh to find something?
...well done

Is your name Noel or Liam by any chance?
2 years? You flatter yourself if you think Ive researched your past posts. You mentioned something about your precious badges not long ago, this off season. Just forget about them and focus on your teaspoon collection

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 2:05 pm

simonthetiger wrote:You dont even know what youtube is you dinosaur.

Im surprised you even have a computer.
lol great retort :lol:

they gave it a shot with xcast for a bloody trial game. they got more people interested than they expected and it crashed. big whoop.

sure they could do it with Youtube but youtube ain't gonna pay them the kind of money xcast is willing to.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Black'n'White
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 2:11 pm

simonthetiger wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:Yet I watched the Para v Riff trial game on youtube and there was no problem at all....
Simon,

You streamed a trial match on youtube?

Youtube is all about uploading and getting everyone to download.

Are you comparing Youtube severs to Xcast (or whoever the server for the tigers were)? Youtube do have better servers you know? How much is Youtube worth?
Errrrrrrr.......I couldnt give a rats arse,why/how much,blah blah blah.

There was a game posted by a Neville Nobody,it was crystal clear and i watched all of it.
In defence of Simon here, Youtube does have live streaming capabilities. The UFC uses the youtube platofrm to stream their weigh-ins and post fight press conferences live and in high definition. The Parra game was also live streamed in high def by a nobody.

Our clubs efforts were unfortunately just pathetically amateur, actually that is a slur on the thousands of amateur streamers out there who could have pulled it off alot better.

Tony33

Unread post by Tony33 » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 2:12 pm

Wowwww ! Come on guys cant we just enjoy the positivity surrounding this pre-season. Lets just support our club and enjoy the ride together !

Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.4
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

softlaw
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by softlaw » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 2:17 pm

What a massive overreaction this thread is.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

LaT

Unread post by LaT » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 2:20 pm

A terrific idea that fell down for whatever reason. Not a good look for Xcast's services.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

LaT

Unread post by LaT » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 2:25 pm

softlaw wrote:What a massive overreaction this thread is.
Take a look at each complaint individually, there isn't a massive overreaction from each person but more an expression of disappointment for missing the first available WT game of the year (even if it was just a trial).

What you shouldn't do is take the thread as a whole, lump it all together and proclaim everyone is a massive cry baby and has no reason to be upset for something that was free.

Should people be a little more restrained, sure. But the reactions to the supposed overreactions are just as stupid in a way.
TigPies till I die!

MacDougall

Unread post by MacDougall » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 2:29 pm

Look at it this way, X-Cast are a sponsor of ours and they are using our trial match to test their live streaming service under huge weight. It was a test for everyone involved and it was a trial match.

Yes if we used YouTube or another streaming service it would have worked better but YouTube don't sponsor us and didn't come to us suggesting we do it which no doubt X-Cast did.

Imagine if you're our major sponsor and you come to us wanting to use one of our trials to test your new streaming service, not even asking to be paid for it (they pay us as a sponsor right?) and we go "great idea but we're gonna guess your service sucks and use a different streaming service. Thanks for the sponsorship!"

softlaw

Unread post by softlaw » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 2:32 pm

Close enough to 10 pages of carry on (first comments about the stream not working properly are on page 4), and on top of that a mod had to delete a heap of posts from this thread last night
That's definitely an overreaction.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

gallagher
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 54 times

Unread post by gallagher » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 2:37 pm

softlaw wrote:Close enough to 10 pages of carry on (first comments about the stream not working properly are on page 4), and on top of that a mod had to delete a heap of posts from this thread last night
Did you get to see the game?

simonthetiger

Unread post by simonthetiger » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 2:38 pm

I dont see any overreaction here.

Im usually pretty positive about the life,universe and the tigers.

U cant sugarcoat yesterdays abysmal attempt to get us too see that game, which was a great idea.

Serious fail.

simonthetiger

Unread post by simonthetiger » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 2:39 pm

And PS.....all our trials should be televised.

If they want more members provide a service that makes it impossible for us NOT to join up.

If that means using Youtube than so be it.

cochise
Been liked: 16 times

Unread post by cochise » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 2:40 pm

Yes this reflect poorly on xcast more so than the Wests Tigers. Though this sort of stuff happens all the time, especially for organisations the relatively small size of the xcast and the Wests Tigers. I am in Pearl Jam's fan club and they for a number of years tried to sell tickets to the members of the fan club directly. Everytime they did this their servers would crash and the majority of people would fail to get tickets. I actually remember spending about 8 hours pressing F5 to get tickets to one of their shows.

I'm just raising this to point out even organisations with much larger $ than the Wests Tigers and xcast have similar problems?

softlaw

Unread post by softlaw » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 2:54 pm

gallagher wrote:
softlaw wrote:Close enough to 10 pages of carry on (first comments about the stream not working properly are on page 4), and on top of that a mod had to delete a heap of posts from this thread last night
Did you get to see the game?
Streamed the first half before losing the stream. So I followed the rest through twitter & forum comments from people who were there - same as normal trials.

If this is the worst thing we have to complain about all season then we will have had a very good season!
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

LaT

Unread post by LaT » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 3:05 pm

So you are taking the thread as a whole, looking at the page count and determining everyone is overreacting....this is causing you to come to the wrong conclusion.

Lots of people affected means lots of posts about it, means lots of pages. Understand? Don't overreact to the page count.
TigPies till I die!

softlaw

Unread post by softlaw » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 4:24 pm

LaT wrote:
So you are taking the thread as a whole, looking at the page count and determining everyone is overreacting....this is causing you to come to the wrong conclusion.

Lots of people affected means lots of posts about it, means lots of pages. Understand? Don't overreact to the page count.
Nah, I don;t understand basic maths - please explain it to me oh owner of the wisdom and holder of the intellect. Maybe use extra punctuation and bold text to reinforce your point.

Mods having to waste their time deleting posts, accusations of whining, whinging, trollery and belonging to the 'spoilt i want it now / me generation' - definitely an overreaction.
Especially last night when some of the carry on was hilarious - some not so much.

Anyway, before I overreact (just to prove my own point ;) )- all the best and enjoy your Sunday afternoon.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

LaT

Unread post by LaT » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 4:44 pm

Well alright then. As long as no one overreacts.
TigPies till I die!

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 255 times
Been liked: 387 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 22 Feb, 2015 8:16 pm

I go away for 1 day...

Some of the posts in this thread are embarrassing....

I did like the get off your arses post that started it all....for a trial game...geesh...Carry on...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Return to “Season 2015 - Offseason, Preseason and Trials”