WT v Sharks Trial *Live Game Thread...

bathursttiger

Re: WT v Sharks Trial *Live Game Thread...

Post by bathursttiger » Sat 21 Feb, 2015 8:51 pm

Thanks for updates my wife just had to have a birthday today!!!!!!!!!
Just got back form dinner.

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by quintus » Sat 21 Feb, 2015 8:52 pm

Thank you all for your comments....much appreciated.

BodhiTiger

Post by BodhiTiger » Sat 21 Feb, 2015 8:56 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:If Tedesco stays fit this yr, the circle jerk around Moylan will disappear quicker than a line of coke on Karmichael Hunt's coffee table
One of your best GNR!
Go you mighty Tigers!!
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 21 Feb, 2015 8:56 pm

bathursttiger wrote:Thanks for updates my wife just had to have a birthday today!!!!!!!!!
Just got back form dinner.
Congrats to your wife BathurstTiger

Hope you enjoyed dinner

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 21 Feb, 2015 8:56 pm

After watching the 1st half on Stream ,i am very surprised by our 2nd half performance and getting a win .

To me it tells me that the boys are trying and having a dig and trying hard . Yeah sure maybe tries of kicks and intercept that some will say luck plays? Great comeback win even if it is a Trial , shows me they have Character.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Angry Tiger 1

Post by Angry Tiger 1 » Sat 21 Feb, 2015 8:58 pm

What I saw on live stream in the first half was good. Our forwards make plenty of meters. Sauce was mr. Perpetual motion. Anybody doubting his value as a starting prop maybe forced to eat humble pie.

Good early signs for us this year. The only blemish I saw being Chris Lawrence's usual drop ball and missed tackle. I just never feel safe when he is in possession. He just has not improved in three years. It beggars belief....

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 21 Feb, 2015 9:00 pm

Thanks everyone for the updates and the comments.

Appreciate your efforts.

My feed packed it in at half time - so a big thanks.

Think we can take a lot away from the two trials, plenty of positives and a few negatives that can be worked on for a positive turnaround.

GO! You MIGHTY TIGERS!!!!!!

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 21 Feb, 2015 9:03 pm

Angry Tiger 1 wrote:What I saw on live stream in the first half was good. Our forwards make plenty of meters. Sauce was mr. Perpetual motion. Anybody doubting his value as a starting prop maybe forced to eat humble pie.

Good early signs for us this year. The only blemish I saw being Chris Lawrence's usual drop ball and missed tackle. I just never feel safe when he is in possession. He just has not improved in three years. It beggars belief....
Are you sure their wasn't a hand in there Angry? Harsh marker methinks.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 21 Feb, 2015 9:09 pm

Angry Tiger 1 wrote:What I saw on live stream in the first half was good. Our forwards make plenty of meters. Sauce was mr. Perpetual motion. Anybody doubting his value as a starting prop maybe forced to eat humble pie.

Lawrence is a Pedestrian out there seriously , no speed whatsoever . 1st half drops the ball and missed some tackles, the guy is past it . IMO
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

crusader

Post by crusader » Sat 21 Feb, 2015 9:10 pm

I thought Ava was fantastic but woodsy was definitely MOM. Tapau and Sirro were strong. Good to see Teddy back was dangerous and scored a skillful try. First half very scrappy but second was very proffessional. Last play options were better. Shut them out defensively. Drinkwater looks like a very, very handy buy. We are a decent team. JT has them defending well. 20-4 against parra and tonight 22-8.
The key for Wests Tigers 2015 is no/limited injuries. We have some depth in a few areas but not all.
Naqaima, cherrington. drinkwater, and lodge can cover injuries with not much loss. We are very light in the back row for depth.
Only player that didn't fit in this squad today was Shannon macdonnell.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.4

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 21 Feb, 2015 9:14 pm

foreveratiger wrote:

Lawrence is a Pedestrian out there seriously , no speed whatsoever . 1st half drops the ball and missed some tackles, the guy is past it . IMO
I disagree he's runs off the back of the scrums apart from when he dropped 1 we good making 10-15m each time...Our direction in the first half was poor and favoured Brooks left side with him feeding Sirro and Simona..

Will watch the reply with interest...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 21 Feb, 2015 9:50 pm

Our forwards seemed on the back foot in the 1st half , but then again we didn't have a lion share of possession either

Looking forward to seeing the second half performance in attack in defence

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Sat 21 Feb, 2015 10:01 pm

Thanks guys for the updates
Drink water could be our smokey this year and sleek a spot

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 21 Feb, 2015 10:01 pm

bathursttiger wrote:Sounds like Drinkwater could be a great backup for Luke and Mitch, great to hear Teddy is back in form.
Watched the reggies game and Drinkwater is a quality player and an astute buy good call JT.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 21 Feb, 2015 10:02 pm

Geo. wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:

I disagree he's runs off the back of the scrums apart from when he dropped 1 we good making 10-15m each time...Our direction in the first half was poor and favoured Brooks left side with him feeding Sirro and Simona..

Will watch the reply with interest...
No way he is a centre anymore , when he runs the ball up he does take it nice and hard but there is no swerve , step , nothing that suggest how a Centre plays .

To me he needs to be Centre field running it up like a 2nd Rower and having other Forwards helping him tackle cause out in the Centre's his opponents will have to much speed for him. Just my thoughts

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 21 Feb, 2015 10:05 pm

I never saw the match but I was interested as to how Lawrence performed. Has he improved or will we have a new centre combination for Round 1.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 21 Feb, 2015 10:14 pm

Rowdy was basically used as a battering ram in the 1st half

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 21 Feb, 2015 10:22 pm

Observations ..defensive structure is 100% on last season and are working together ,the guys are very rusty and need more time together , there is certainly some depth in the club . There are a few I was disappointed in but it is a trial,the team is going to get there fair share of wins this year but it will not be all rosy..we supporters will have to be patient ,Teddy is back big as every fingers crossed...Moses picked up a leg knock and went off ,only injury that I saw.
Lower grades the NYC have some work to do they have some promising types in the forwards,looks like they will go OK without being over optimistic
Reggies ..Drinkwater and Rowe played well ,again a few were very lack lustre and will have to show more IMO to keep there spots,not a bad performance once they go going.
All in all the club certainly has the feel of change the defensive structure in the reggies was good as well seems all grades are on the same wave length .Left tonight thinking there are going to be some real higlites but realistically some low lites as well,might get an 8th spot but if they can get to 9th /10th it would be a good season .Very happy sitting here tonight I think JT might be the man!