Pete's Summary Tonight

Masterton

Re: Pete's Summary Tonight

Post by Masterton » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 11:12 am

Plenty of talk of Sue not contributing and he was certainly very quiet in attack, but 32 tackles with no misses isn't lazy.

My biggest disappointment was the lack of depth in our backline. There's not much point having a player like Tedesco and giving him no space.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 11:54 am

Yeah the lack of flair in the backline was a worry, but there were some plays with inside balls that were ruled forward that would have been tries of the timing was on.

We bombed three i reckon.....IMO that would have broken the titans and given us that big score we were all hoping for.

Not far off...

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 11:56 am

And our fifth tackle kicks were shi.thouse.

We need to work on that too.....midfield bombs with no pressure when in their half isnt good enough.

Brooks put one into the grandstand.

tigertye

Post by tigertye » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 12:04 pm

Our defence in the middle was great. The Titans scored off a great kick and at close range, but they really struggled to break our line which was great to see.

I really feel Halatau is a waste in the side sorry to say. I would rather see Lamar/Lovett there permanently. Yes, he has great experience, but i just think the others have more to offer.

Lodge, Santi and Lovett were all very impressive.

By God, we have to sign Taupau up until 2050. Such a weapon.

Sue should be relegated to the bench.

I'd be tempted to play Lawrence in the back row to keep Naqaima in the side once Nofo is back.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

ryanda01

Post by ryanda01 » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 10:30 pm

ryanda01 wrote:Ohhh dear. You jump off the forum for a couple of months and, as suspected, remains largely the same. Just find and replace Potter with JT and find and replace Benji with Moses. Think everyone on here would agree it wasn't the prettiest 2 points, but for Christ sake, it was 2 points.

You can't build a respectable, polished outfit like South's from 2 trial games. Bit of a spit and polish and I'm sure it will be a season of positives.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Ink, you rated this post as positive at the start of the season.. Feel feel to retract this.