WESTS Tigers Team V Titans

willow

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Titans

Post by willow » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 6:28 pm

I think Halatau can count himself lucky, but the side is to be expected. Overall I like it though. Whilst Taupau probably feels he should be starting, I think he'll rip right in off the bench and he'll keep the side moving forward nicely with Ava. Santi has impressed so far and I think he'll be starting at 13 by mid-season.

SCOB

Post by SCOB » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 6:31 pm

Great Bench, heaps of go forward.
SCOB by name
SCOB by nature

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 6:32 pm

Another Willow post with a negative opinion of Halatau. Bit over the top considering we havent even played a game this year.

He is an NRl player, he is there or there abouts when it comes to our team. This week starting, next reserve grade, next bench, whatever role Taylor sees fit.

Still an important member of our team an invaluable experience to our young squad.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 6:35 pm

Cant wait to see the bench in action and absolutely love the stability of Sirronen and Sue in the back row playing big minutes left and right.

Its the cleverest thing Taylor has done, it allows consistency of defence with a centre, half and back rower working as a unit on each side of the field. Its the thing thatll make the biggest difference this year.

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 7:26 pm

Angry Tiger 1 wrote:
westTAHger wrote:Now let's see if the off season has made any impact, to wests-tigers defense.
Would not be surprised if the titans forwards, single out Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses and run at them a lot. So they have to defend a lot, which in turn may tire them a bit, and hamper their attacking energy.
Well they had better get used to it. They both need to approach their D with the same energy and enthusiasm they show in their attack. There is no where to hide. That goes for any small players in the NRL.

I am sure they will be defending on opposite side of the ruck and hopefully in between two much larger forwards.
Don't think Moses wants to hide. I'll back him to tackle anyone, anytime.
From what I saw in the trials Brooks has improved heaps - he won't hide either.

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 7:38 pm

Like most of the team.
Not sure Taupau won't start - we'll have to wait and see.
Santi is the big plus - need him desperately, to be there every week.

Go! you mighty Tigers!!!!!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 7:51 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:Another Willow post with a negative opinion of Halatau. Bit over the top considering we havent even played a game this year.

He is an NRl player, he is there or there abouts when it comes to our team. This week starting, next reserve grade, next bench, whatever role Taylor sees fit.

Still an important member of our team an invaluable experience to our young squad.
I'm with Willow on this , would you prefer Ava ripping in or Dean Halatau ??

I know who I think the more effective 13 is , especially against a Titans team that will struggle for size now

If it was me I'd be trying to bash the Titans forwards into submission without Bird and Davatar

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 8:04 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:Another Willow post with a negative opinion of Halatau. Bit over the top considering we havent even played a game this year.

I'm with Willow on this , would you prefer Ava ripping in or Dean Halatau ??

I know who I think the more effective 13 is , especially against a Titans team that will struggle for size now

If it was me I'd be trying to bash the Titans forwards into submission without Bird and Davatar

We should bash the Titans forwards regardless :D

Ive always liked Halatau but i am a realist and he is getting on. The thing that comes with that experience though is something we lack.

Im excited to see Santi rip in as he looks the future but at the same time i saw Halatau's positioning and off the ball plays in the Sharks trial as exceptional,

He was in the right spot way too many times for it to be coincidence. Santi wont have that kind of result.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 8:07 pm

I'm tipping Taupau will start.....

Oh and now 3 NRL Coaches have picked Lawrence and Galloway as starting players...they must be :crazy
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

cunno

Post by cunno » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 8:08 pm

Good luck to our halves hope they do well.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 8:08 pm

Have a look at the locks in the other 15 teams. You have either meat head forwards or tough nuts. Halatau is the odd one out. Is it a good or bad thing? We will soon know.
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 8:15 pm

Quote 'Gong "Im excited to see Santi rip in as he looks the future but at the same time i saw Halatau's positioning and off the ball plays in the Sharks trial as exceptional,

He was in the right spot way too many times for it to be coincidence. Santi wont have that kind of result.

(No 'like' button) I'm with 'Gong on this. Let's see how the old man performs.
"Quality Stupidity"

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 8:20 pm

Halatau is there for experience obviously......he will do exactly the role Taylor has for him regardless of the game situation.....whereas some of the others could be affected by what happens on the field.

As Mike Tyson says everyone has a plan to you get hit,,,,,maybe Halatau will follow the plan even when he gets hit.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 8:22 pm

Kilo better watch out...badge is reffing

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 8:23 pm

No surprises. Its the side we've been expecting all summer really. There's a guy on fb adamant that Santi will start, so that should be interesting.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 8:31 pm

Santi starting i like.

The bright side about the Titans targeting Brooks and Moses is suddenly Farah doesn't make 50+ tackles and could well carve up with a few more targets in the team.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 8:35 pm

Mate have you actually watched the guy play, or are you just going off 'reputation'. Dene is not well suited to the modern game of league. In fact there have only been a handful of games I have seen him play over the past decade where I was impressed.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 8:42 pm

PYMBLEPETE wrote:

Mate have you actually watched the guy play, or are you just going off 'reputation'. Dene is not well suited to the modern game of league. In fact there have only been a handful of games I have seen him play over the past decade where I was impressed.
That's only if you include 2005 PP