WESTS Tigers Team V Titans

Tiger In The Gong

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Titans

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 8:54 pm

PYMBLEPETE wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:Another Willow post with a negative opinion of Halatau. Bit over the top considering we havent even played a game this year.

He is an NRl player, he is there or there abouts when it comes to our team. This week starting, next reserve grade, next bench, whatever role Taylor sees fit.

Still an important member of our team an invaluable experience to our young squad.
Mate have you actually watched the guy play, or are you just going off 'reputation'. Dene is not well suited to the modern game of league. In fact there have only been a handful of games I have seen him play over the past decade where I was impressed.
What part of the quoted text are you disagreeing with?

I have stated as clear as daylight that he is Nrl Level or there abouts. Be that, starting, reserve grade or bench.

You disagree with that lol

More likely just defending your bf.

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 9:22 pm

It's a pretty safe team from JT, but that doesn't make it a bad one either.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 9:37 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
PYMBLEPETE wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:Another Willow post with a negative opinion of Halatau. Bit over the top considering we havent even played a game this year.

He is an NRl player, he is there or there abouts when it comes to our team. This week starting, next reserve grade, next bench, whatever role Taylor sees fit.

Still an important member of our team an invaluable experience to our young squad.
Mate have you actually watched the guy play, or are you just going off 'reputation'. Dene is not well suited to the modern game of league. In fact there have only been a handful of games I have seen him play over the past decade where I was impressed.

I have stated as clear as daylight that he is Nrl Level or there abouts. Be that, starting, reserve grade or bench.

Well your whole story is so confused you are right to ask what I am disagreeing with. Your initial contention is that Willow posts negatively about Halatau; my comment is directed at that. I agree with Willow that Halatau is lucky to be there. You seem to take exception to that train of thought but then say he could just as easily be in reserve grade. Pretty funny really.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 9:59 pm

PYMBLEPETE wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:
PYMBLEPETE wrote:

Well your whole story is so confused you are right to ask what I am disagreeing with. Your initial contention is that Willow posts negatively about Halatau; my comment is directed at that. I agree with Willow that Halatau is lucky to be there. You seem to take exception to that train of thought but then say he could just as easily be in reserve grade. Pretty funny really.

No as you posted earlier you state he is out of touch with the modern game and both you and Willow insinuate he is not an important part of our squad.

I disagree.

Just seems like you came to the defence of Willow, he hardly needs your help, he knows his stuff and can handle himself.

I know it might seem confusing but i am saying that while his best days are behind him he still has an important role to play this year.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 10:56 pm

That's fine you are welcome to your opinion. But stop playing the man and not the ball; when you say something you admit is confusing you can hardly complain about someone calling it out.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 11:07 pm

I am wondering to myself, just before the battle starts, how we will fare not just in the opening salvo but the entire war.

Good team, starts to get thin if there are a few injuries.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 03 Mar, 2015 11:11 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

I'm with Willow on this , would you prefer Ava ripping in or Dean Halatau ??

I know who I think the more effective 13 is , especially against a Titans team that will struggle for size now

If it was me I'd be trying to bash the Titans forwards into submission without Bird and Davatar

We should bash the Titans forwards regardless :D

Ive always liked Halatau but i am a realist and he is getting on. The thing that comes with that experience though is something we lack.

Im excited to see Santi rip in as he looks the future but at the same time i saw Halatau's positioning and off the ball plays in the Sharks trial as exceptional,

He was in the right spot way too many times for it to be coincidence. Santi wont have that kind of result.
Sorry mate , just don't link Halatau to bashing anything

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Wed 04 Mar, 2015 8:16 am

Lineup as expected. Probably the weakest backrow in the competition on paper, and centre also very weak (Lawrence).

I am a bit surprised Sitaleki hasn't made the side but I didn't see the trials.

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Wed 04 Mar, 2015 10:39 am

I think going forwad this would be an awesome back row:

11. Liolevavave
12. Sironen
13. Santi

Gives us two big, damaging second rowers who can run good lines and a workhorse to keep it tight and do the dirty work around the middle. I don't think we can blood all three at the same time though, maybe justifying halatau's inclusion for the time being. Lio should make his debut this season and i reckon will see Santi starting at lock sooner rather than later, meaning we could probably see that second row combination in 2016. Sue is under immense pressure IMO, has to start putting in consistently or he will find himself in reserve grade pretty quickly
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

razor7

Post by razor7 » Wed 04 Mar, 2015 11:19 am

Very weak back row.Imagine those 3 v Souths etc. Hopefully JT will move on quickly and select on form. Cant really see Halatau, Sue , Sironen putting fear into the hearts of any opposing team.

Kul

Post by Kul » Wed 04 Mar, 2015 11:31 am

We should win
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Wed 04 Mar, 2015 12:21 pm

The Halatau and Santi selection is very much a wasted duplication we certainly cannot afford. Halatau virtue is the expensive luxury in that he can player hooker/dummy half in the case something happens to Farah. One has to be omitted from the side. I am very much looking forward to Lovett taking a starting place. He has been waiting a long time for this chance.

willow

Post by willow » Wed 04 Mar, 2015 12:48 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
PYMBLEPETE wrote:

I will let your last line go this time and this time only. If it happens again you will receive a warning.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Wed 04 Mar, 2015 1:15 pm

be surprised if halatau starts.
still waiting to see how the ruck is policed before i right off how effective he can be.
could be a big factor in how jt plays him.
will be interesting to see how jt plays the bench during the first month and how rigid he may or may not be.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Thu 05 Mar, 2015 12:10 am

Angry Tiger 1 wrote:
Sabre wrote:God that staring at the ground then slowly looking up thing EVERY player does in the team announcement video is cringeworthy.
Yeah how funny is Woods, and Farah looks like he has a minty stuck in his teeth!

Lol.. Woods is in dire need of a haircut and a beard trim! :shock:

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 05 Mar, 2015 6:31 am

Tigermama wrote:
Angry Tiger 1 wrote:
Sabre wrote:God that staring at the ground then slowly looking up thing EVERY player does in the team announcement video is cringeworthy.
Yeah how funny is Woods, and Farah looks like he has a minty stuck in his teeth!

Lol.. Woods is in dire need of a haircut and a beard trim! :shock:
I can hear a George Thorogood riff in the background

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Thu 05 Mar, 2015 7:20 am

willow wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:
PYMBLEPETE wrote:

I will let your last line go this time and this time only. If it happens again you will receive a warning.
Was said in jest but point taken.

dacoots_tiger

Post by dacoots_tiger » Thu 05 Mar, 2015 3:15 pm

Strong looking team. Will be going with the other Tigers fanatics a.k.a family. Cant wait