Kyle Lovett to debut

Geo.

Re: Kyle Lovett to debut

Post by Geo. » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 7:05 pm

Lovett is not foreign to centre ...thought he was very good on debut....ran the ball strongly no mistakes and more importantly defended very well came up with a couple of crucial tackles....

Well done young man...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Magpie Ryan

Post by Magpie Ryan » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 8:46 pm

Kyle was tremendous for us given the circumstances,I'm looking forward to seeing more of him..

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 8:36 am

Was fantastic to see Kyle make his debut ,,Ray must be the proudest old man in sydney ...

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 10:12 am

Thought he did a good job. He will get plenty of chances this year based on what we saw on Sat.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 10:45 am

He actually played a bit of center in the 20s and nsw cup. After the Alice Springs trial JT said he finished the game with Lovett and Lamar in the centers because if there's an injury mid game they'd be options there. To me it was a smart choice and they would have spent some time there over the summer. This wasn't a sheensius move where the thought it sounded good 3 days before the game.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 11:32 am

Was interesting that he got picked over Fine. Fine offers a bit more in attack, is slightly faster, but his defense is probably less. good.

Lovett made a lot of tackles, only missed 1 and made 100m+ in the centres (without making a line break) which shows he helps work us out of trouble too.

For a guy who's only played 3-4 matches in the centres in the lower grades he did well up against a good backline.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 12:36 pm

Loved his debut... Made some really good reads in defence and we all know this is a problem in Tigerland.

Great Work Kyle... Hope to see more of you in NRL!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 1:37 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:I Personally think he had a solid debut, great effort.
I thought so too, didn't do much wrong... it's not easy to switch defensively from backrow to centre, I've watched Halatau and Bodene totally botch it up in recent years.

He's not got much in attack though, I'd consider Lovett a stop-gap at best.

However he performed better than I expected to be honest, so good on him for that.
hes playing out of position ON DEBUT, how can you critique his attack? he was probably trying his absolute best to make good reads in defence and if that means a low workrate while he's in the centres thats fine by me.
Not judging his attack based on just one game, but also based on the 9s and a dozen or so NYC matches. I would call it a limited, though not totally uninformed assessment.

He takes hit-ups like the slow backrower he is, you are going to want someone more evasive than that long-term in the centres.

Certainly if he doesn't let tries in, that is half the job done. Is he a premiership-winning centre? Prob not.Is he a superior backrower to the guys we started in front of him? Also probably not.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 1:48 pm

jirskyr wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:I Personally think he had a solid debut, great effort.
I thought so too, didn't do much wrong... it's not easy to switch defensively from backrow to centre, I've watched Halatau and Bodene totally botch it up in recent years.

He's not got much in attack though, I'd consider Lovett a stop-gap at best.

However he performed better than I expected to be honest, so good on him for that.
hes playing out of position ON DEBUT, how can you critique his attack? he was probably trying his absolute best to make good reads in defence and if that means a low workrate while he's in the centres thats fine by me.
Not judging his attack based on just one game, but also based on the 9s and a dozen or so NYC matches. I would call it a limited, though not totally uninformed assessment.

He takes hit-ups like the slow backrower he is, you are going to want someone more evasive than that long-term in the centres.

Certainly if he doesn't let tries in, that is half the job done. Is he a premiership-winning centre? Prob not.Is he a superior backrower to the guys we started in front of him? Also probably not.
fair enough

although i still think he can offer something in attack, maybe not the workrate/impact of woodsy or taupau but can put up solid metres when needed and not let us down in D.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 2:52 pm

I agree that we have few better options for RC:
1: Nofoaluma/Naiqama
2. Fine (the best NSW center last year :) )
3. Peni

I agree that Lovett's best position is 2nd row, he Liolevave, Akuaola and Funaki will keep pressure on Sironen and Sue ( I presume Santi is an obvious choice for # 13).

Go Tigers

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 5:41 pm

He played very well. Although I'd prefer him starting off the bench (in place of dene h) & someone quicker in the centres - Nofo or Kev

Interesting to see what happens when Lawrence, Nofo & Kev are all right to play.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0