Moses tackle

User avatar
Spartan117
Member
Member
Posts: 5836
Joined: Wed 07 Oct, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Picnic Point, Sydney

Re: Moses tackle

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 1:49 pm

formerguest wrote:So a player that is collared around the neck and forced to a near horizontal position before gravity takes him to the ground, now gets castigated by some for staying down for a short time.

Absolutely especially if he is not wearing Tigers colours.

I am biased and proud of it...


User avatar
Icon
Member
Member
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Icon » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 2:10 pm

he won't miss any playing time with an early guilty plea.

Goose
Member
Member
Posts: 4619
Joined: Tue 21 Sep, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Concord

Post by Goose » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 2:33 pm

Im gobsmacked that he will get off scott free.....

There will be far bigger suspensions for less dangerous tackles throughout the year.

User avatar
pHyR3
Member
Member
Posts: 5048
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 7:11 pm

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 2:38 pm

Goose wrote:Im gobsmacked that he will get off scott free.....

There will be far bigger suspensions for less dangerous tackles throughout the year.
No prior points and high tackles are deemed less dangerous than throws and lifting tackles
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Goose
Member
Member
Posts: 4619
Joined: Tue 21 Sep, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Concord

Post by Goose » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 2:40 pm

I get all that, but still it was an old fashioned coat hanger.

not a stiff arm, but a coat hanger none the less, thought he'd get at least a few for that.

I spose you have to take the good luck when it comes around.


littletiger
Member
Member
Posts: 877
Joined: Mon 18 Mar, 2013 10:01 pm

Post by littletiger » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 2:40 pm

Holy mosses.

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5335
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Milky » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 2:48 pm

Hate to say.....I told you so

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

User avatar
softlaw
Member
Member
Posts: 3714
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: The Monaro. South of Canberra.

Post by softlaw » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 2:50 pm

Very, very lucky!
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5271
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 2:54 pm

Milky wrote:Hate to say.....I told you so

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
:P

Eto Nabuli's shot must have set the precedent.

It's a dangerous precedent, but a precedent nonetheless.

Fair enough decision.
Image

User avatar
Luke
Member
Member
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 9:25 am

Post by Luke » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 3:10 pm

I think a fair few people should be apologising to Milky for having a go at him for thinking Moses wouldn't be suspended :lol:

tsjonathan
Member
Member
Posts: 1876
Joined: Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 3:14 pm

Apaprently Junior Paulo is facing 9 weeks for his throw on Ballin



In other match review committee news:
* Tigers young gun Mitchell Moses will escape suspension for his coat hanger tackle on William Zillman with an early guilty plea.
* Raiders fullback Jack Wighton brought back the biff on Sunday night when he punched Cronulla’s Sosaia Feki but will be free to play this week with an early guilty plea.
* Broncos prop James Gavet will serve three games with an early guilty plea for his shoulder charge of South Sydney’s Isaac Luke..
* Manly’s James Hasson faces a three-game ban for a dangerous contact charge on Anthony Watmough.
* Josh Reynolds could miss two to three weeks for the Bulldogs after being charged with a grade one dangerous throw.
* Knights fullback Sione Mata’utia was charged with a grade one dangerous throw but will not be suspended if he pleads guilty.
* South Sydney’s Ben Lowe will be free to play in round two if he pleads guilty to a dangerous contact charge.
* Cowboys superstar Johnathan Thurston can escape suspension for a tripping charge on Roger Tuivasa-Sheck with an early guilty plea.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl-match- ... 7255105058

PYMBLEPETE
Member
Member
Posts: 1035
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:15 pm

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 3:17 pm

Milky wrote:Hate to say.....I told you so

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Well called!

It does seem strange, but then again we are constantly surprised by these decisions.

tig4ever
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed 28 Aug, 2013 6:23 pm

Post by tig4ever » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 3:26 pm

LCA wrote:
Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:First week, no carry over points and an early plea. Might just scrape it down to a low grade careless but I don't expect Moses to play against the Dragons.
And, he won't be missed if he's not there. I don't get the hype around this bloke at all. He's a NSW Cup player of the future.

LCA, give yourself an uppercut. Has obviously been told not to overplay his hand & gradually find his feet in the top grade. He is a special talent & will prove this sooner rather than later. He also has a great running game which I'm sure he will produce with a bit more time & confidence.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5732
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 3:28 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:You can never prove that a player is staying down.
Unless you are Jeff Orford, caught on camera winking to the trainer whilst faking a concussion, Easts vs Wests, circa 1992.

Balmain Boy
Member
Member
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 3:29 pm

I always said 0-2 weeks. He has no carry over points and if only charged a grade 2 then an early guilty plea would get him off. Exactly what happened. It was careless, but nothing more.

Next time he does something it's 2 weeks minimum though.

Wighton threw a bunch of punches at an opponents face and didn't even get suspended! Punching someone repeatedly and intentionally is a far worse offence as the intent to harm is there. How does he get off without even 1 week?

User avatar
bonstonker
Member
Member
Posts: 1420
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 2:14 am
Location: Louisiana,usa

Post by bonstonker » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 3:32 pm

Milky wrote:Hate to say.....I told you so

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
i think it should be happy to say i told you so.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28986
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 3:34 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:I always said 0-2 weeks. He has no carry over points and if only charged a grade 2 then an early guilty plea would get him off. Exactly what happened. It was careless, but nothing more.

Next time he does something it's 2 weeks minimum though.

Wighton threw a bunch of punches at an opponents face and didn't even get suspended! Punching someone repeatedly and intentionally is a far worse offence as the intent to harm is there. How does he get off without even 1 week?
Sin-Bin sufficient...go figure
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

alexaki
Member
Member
Posts: 5017
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by alexaki » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 3:38 pm

Geo. wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:I always said 0-2 weeks. He has no carry over points and if only charged a grade 2 then an early guilty plea would get him off. Exactly what happened. It was careless, but nothing more.

Next time he does something it's 2 weeks minimum though.

Wighton threw a bunch of punches at an opponents face and didn't even get suspended! Punching someone repeatedly and intentionally is a far worse offence as the intent to harm is there. How does he get off without even 1 week?
Sin-Bin sufficient...go figure
Wightons punches barley touched his facial hair....if you are going to throw a punch make sure it connects!

Post Reply