Moses tackle

alexaki

Re: Moses tackle

Post by alexaki » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 3:39 pm

Milky wrote:Hate to say.....I told you so

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Spot on again Milky!....

Can we have your team for next weeks game.....

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 3:40 pm

Geo. wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:I always said 0-2 weeks. He has no carry over points and if only charged a grade 2 then an early guilty plea would get him off. Exactly what happened. It was careless, but nothing more.

Next time he does something it's 2 weeks minimum though.

Wighton threw a bunch of punches at an opponents face and didn't even get suspended! Punching someone repeatedly and intentionally is a far worse offence as the intent to harm is there. How does he get off without even 1 week?
Sin-Bin sufficient...go figure

What happened to the immediate send off for punching rule? That didn't last long eh.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

littletiger

Post by littletiger » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 3:42 pm

Milky you are my lord.

Milky

Post by Milky » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 3:43 pm

bonstonker wrote:
Milky wrote:Hate to say.....I told you so

i think it should be happy to say i told you so.
deffinatley

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 3:45 pm

Flippedy wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:I always said 0-2 weeks. He has no carry over points and if only charged a grade 2 then an early guilty plea would get him off. Exactly what happened. It was careless, but nothing more.

Wighton threw a bunch of punches at an opponents face and didn't even get suspended! Punching someone repeatedly and intentionally is a far worse offence as the intent to harm is there. How does he get off without even 1 week?

What happened to the immediate send off for punching rule? That didn't last long eh.
Nah Flip it's automatic 10 in the bin not sent-off....though I don't know why Feki got 10 also...maybe he was using his head to punch Wrighton's fist....

Milky the Messiah..we are not worthy...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 5:17 pm

I think he should have missed at least a week, but seeing he is one of ours, I accept the decision.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 5:28 pm

when I see Gavet looking at 3 games for bumping someone, and Moses getting nix (not that im not happy about that- i am) for his coat hanger....its clear the MRC have lost the plot

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 5:34 pm

I am as biased as the next guy but THAT tackle deserved a suspension. 50 years ago, 20 years ago or 10 years ago it would have cost a player one or two weeks minimum.

I will predict that by mid-season someone will do a similar tackle on one of the superstars and get a month. If Gallen did it he would have been suspended.

The NRL judiciary has no idea of consistency.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 5:45 pm

cqtiger wrote:I am as biased as the next guy but THAT tackle deserved a suspension. 50 years ago, 20 years ago or 10 years ago it would have cost a player one or two weeks minimum.

I will predict that by mid-season someone will do a similar tackle on one of the superstars and get a month. If Gallen did it he would have been suspended.

The NRL judiciary has no idea of consistency.

Gallen would have been suspended cos he has a record that resembles Ted Bundy.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 5:45 pm

Great news. Will allow our spine to continue working on their combinations.

Can't wait to see how they match up against Benji & widdop next week.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 5:51 pm

I'm stoked with Moses getting off . I'd rather he saved the coat hanger for marshall next week though !

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 5:56 pm

Ownership has its privileges thanks NRL.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 5:58 pm

innsaneink wrote:when I see Gavet looking at 3 games for bumping someone, and Moses getting nix (not that im not happy about that- i am) for his coat hanger....its clear the MRC have lost the plot
gavet has priors and shoulder charges are deemed more dangerous
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 7:17 pm

I am obviously out on my own on this one but it wasn't that bad.

He got him with the palm and the wrist bent whilst up in the air himself.
No irresistible force meeting a moving object here. Not much more than a slap really.

Still think he was trying to milk it ( there was no way Moses wasn't going on report and the GC wasn't going to get a penalty - didn't need to even try). All the GC players go to GBSM ( i.e. the Greg Bird school of milking penalties ).

Everyone is entitled to an opinion - you are to yours LCA. If that's your opinion of Moses - I'm just glad you are not our talent scout.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 7:57 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:when I see Gavet looking at 3 games for bumping someone, and Moses getting nix (not that im not happy about that- i am) for his coat hanger....its clear the MRC have lost the plot
I dont give a shot...the whole system needs overhauling...priors...prior what??
A prior bump on the shoulder? pfft
games gone freekin soft
What Gavet did wouldnt be dangerous to a moth...we need logic and common sense here, not a general broad rule...its insane

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 7:58 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
Had to be the most ineffective and benign shoulder charge I've ever seen! Hardly worth a 3 week suspension, but as you said pHyR3, he has had priors.

On Moses, I reckon he was very lucky. It was a good old fashioned coat hanger which would've seen him sent from the field in the old days.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 8:05 pm

Geo. wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Nah Flip it's automatic 10 in the bin not sent-off....though I don't know why Feki got 10 also...maybe he was using his head to punch Wrighton's fist....

Milky the Messiah..we are not worthy...
You're right Geo, I don't know what I was thinking - perhaps I was pre-empting a future rule change. Wouldn't surprise me if players end up getting sent off for patting someone on the head, in the future, such is the way things are going.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 8:26 pm

No Flippedy That has already happened

Dopey Roach got sent off at Brookvale for patting Eddie Ward on the head years ago.