Pete's Summary Tonight

PYMBLEPETE

Pete's Summary Tonight

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 9:09 pm

Positives

We got the 2 points!
Most of the forwards looked good; I guess its appropriate to single out the newcomer so welcome to first grade Brendan Santi - I cant see you going anywhere else. Sirro showed what a weapon he will be and and all the props did their job.
Most of the backs also did well; Teddy was faultless although without many opportunities, Simona very strong; Patty showing his strength and experience and Brooks had a pretty good game as well.
Great debut by Kyle Lovett.

Negatives

Our discipline was diabolical especially in the first half.
The only player I want to call out on that performance is Moses; he was non existant apart from a couple of very poor mistakes; you expect that from such a young player and he will no doubt have his day, but tonight wasnt one of them.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 9:14 pm

will agree with that assesment Pete, though if Moses is going to cop a kick for he attacking prowess, I would give the guy a pump for his defence (apart from the obvious high shot), he didnt buckle nor skirt from monsters running at him all night.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 9:14 pm

I thought Moses was good. I thought Taupau made way too many mistakes. Santi and Halatau did basically nothing. Overall we were just poor but there were some good efforts. Farah was ordinary but his ordinary is still really good compared to the average player.

Tedesco didn't do much but he didn't get any really good opportunities.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 9:18 pm

Forwards had a good game, i just find Sue very lazy.
Our backs Simona had a few bad reads in defence and for the life of me can't see the fuss in Moses, he should of been sent off.

Can someone explain Woods scores? Video ref says try check for what? There was no double movement as the Tigers had a play the ball after the decision. So how can he be short when the ref has said TRY?
I'm baffled.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

DonnyBrasco

Post by DonnyBrasco » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 9:19 pm

stevetiger wrote:I thought Moses was good. I thought Taupau made way too many mistakes. Santi and Halatau did basically nothing. Overall we were just poor but there were some good efforts. Farah was ordinary but his ordinary is still really good compared to the average player.

Surely you didn't pay much attention to Santi, as he tackled everything hat moved and made a few decent contributions in attack, he's a great worker in the middle.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Tigers for 2022!

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 9:20 pm

the best thing from tonight's game is, the team never gave up.
defended far better, and that is a huge step forward.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

GoldXR50Leroy

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 9:23 pm

I was worried that Tapau was going to get Busted early on such was his effort, while we did get the 2 points you have to praise the Titans who all played a huge match under difficult circumstances.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 9:24 pm

Santi and Lovett brilliant
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 9:28 pm

DonnyBrasco wrote:
stevetiger wrote:I thought Moses was good. I thought Taupau made way too many mistakes. Santi and Halatau did basically nothing. Overall we were just poor but there were some good efforts. Farah was ordinary but his ordinary is still really good compared to the average player.

Surely you didn't pay much attention to Santi, as he tackled everything hat moved and made a few decent contributions in attack, he's a great worker in the middle.

I agree, I thought he went alright, his hitups were fairly good too. Jesse Sue was the least effective of the forwards this evening (excusing Ava who was the victim of a high shot).

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 9:28 pm

We need some forwards off loading the ball. I would assume that JT told them not to as they haven't had enough games to have combinations yet. Titans never give up no matter who they have on the field.

Titans like to stay down even when there are no stiff arms or clenched fists. I was happy with the defense, but the attack was frustrating. Happy to have the win.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 9:29 pm

High shot? I thought that was a great hit on Ava. It was a very physical game.

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 9:31 pm

foreveratiger wrote:Santi and Lovett brilliant

I thought they were both very impressive throughout the game.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 9:37 pm

Lol only player bagged is Moses.

His defence on James alone time and again deserves accolades.

Our entire attack will take weeks and weeks to come together as stated many times by the club. So very hard to judge the halves who were both not great in attack. But both great in defence.

Very happy with Moses myself knowing that our focus has been defence so far.

Can't wait for the self titled "petes" summary next week
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 9:39 pm

PYMBLEPETE wrote:Positives

We got the 2 points!
Most of the forwards looked good; I guess its appropriate to single out the newcomer so welcome to first grade Brendan Santi - I cant see you going anywhere else. Sirro showed what a weapon he will be and and all the props did their job.
Most of the backs also did well; Teddy was faultless although without many opportunities, Simona very strong; Patty showing his strength and experience and Brooks had a pretty good game as well.
Great debut by Kyle Lovett.

Negatives

Our discipline was diabolical especially in the first half.
The only player I want to call out on that performance is Moses; he was non existant apart from a couple of very poor mistakes; you expect that from such a young player and he will no doubt have his day, but tonight wasnt one of them.
Good summary but I thought Moses was the better of the two halves. I was disappointed in Luke tonight. Continually passes to players in a worse position. Made up for it with his chase on Gordon though.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 9:43 pm

southerntiger wrote:Good summary but I thought Moses was the better of the two halves.
Same here. I think Moses looks like he could be a really good player.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 9:44 pm

It was good to see Taylor has a huge smile on his dial at the end !
At one stage he looked like death warmed up .
First half was diabolical , poor kicking game , I'll discipline , poor ball control , and God knows why they play so flat in attack ?
Positives for me were , the forwards were good and our defence is 100% on last year so far .
Lovett was great and Santi impressed !

Brooks needs to take control a lot more , but so glad to get away with 2points !

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 9:44 pm

A little disappointed in Brooks but I thought Lovett and Santi were very good. Naiqama runs like a tank, got us out of our end heaps of times.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 9:55 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:High shot? I thought that was a great hit on Ava. It was a very physical game.
Sorry shoulder charge to the head ..will get cited a dog act when the attacker is being held and come in with a cheap shot ..and the player leaves the field not to return grub!