Pete's Summary Tonight

Flippedy

Re: Pete's Summary Tonight

Post by Flippedy » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 10:05 pm

I'm a little surprised by everyone's happiness at this result. Sure we won, but we only managed to beat the highly depleted first grade side of a club that is in all sorts of bother by a meagre point! And, sadly, our discipline is still crap. Sorry to be a nego, but we really should've won that game way more comfortably than we did.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 10:13 pm

The Titans really put in tonight.

They tried really really hard, where our lads were not focused for the entire 80.

Having said that, we won - so a good result.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 10:15 pm

Flippedy wrote:I'm a little surprised by everyone's happiness at this result. Sure we won, but we only managed to beat the highly depleted first grade side of a club that is in all sorts of bother by a meagre point! And, sadly, our discipline is still crap. Sorry to be a nego, but we really should've won that game way more comfortably than we did.
Iam with you that was crap no different to last year, attack was crap defence was better some what. JT has bleed this team and if that is what we are going to get week in week out god help us. OUR stocks are so low we lose a centre and we go back to a second rower, JT u are no better than potter. that titans team was there for the takaning, and we where crap, after watching the two games before we will get killeed.

yeti

Post by yeti » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 10:22 pm

I thought our defence was pretty good - Robert's first try was brilliant and pretty much undefendable. His second - probably only he would have scored it. He is grease lightning. Their second try was a little soft. Special mention to the scramble defence after the GC intercept. Brookes really flew across in cover and the effort from all concerned was meritorious.
We had a bit of luck at the end, but showed great composure to get the ball to Richards for the field goal.
Lots to work on, but at least we've got a bit to work with!

McGrime

Post by McGrime » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 10:28 pm

lol................1st Game and their into JT

You gotta laugh

Well done to the boys tonight, they never gave up & came away with the 2 points.
A lot of improvement to come & I'm certain we will improve.
Unlike a few others who think our years over already....lol
WestsTigers

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 10:33 pm

bp tiger wrote: Iam with you that was crap no different to last year, attack was crap defence was better some what. JT has bleed this team and if that is what we are going to get week in week out god help us. OUR stocks are so low we lose a centre and we go back to a second rower, JT u are no better than potter. that titans team was there for the takaning, and we where crap, after watching the two games before we will get killeed.
we lost lawrence, who these day is barely a football player, neverlone a centre. Worst part of your drivel is that the second rower out played what you would expect our "centre" to produce anyway. Joke is on you.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 10:39 pm

black n white ur ajoke in ur own, if that is what we have to look forward to then JT is no better than potter. the comment were not at who played centre but a overall team performance and it was crap aganist a team the will be in the bottom 4.

ryanda01

Post by ryanda01 » Sat 07 Mar, 2015 10:48 pm

Ohhh dear. You jump off the forum for a couple of months and, as suspected, remains largely the same. Just find and replace Potter with JT and find and replace Benji with Moses. Think everyone on here would agree it wasn't the prettiest 2 points, but for Christ sake, it was 2 points.

You can't build a respectable, polished outfit like South's from 2 trial games. Bit of a spit and polish and I'm sure it will be a season of positives.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 1:08 am

I was just happy they won!
Sure they were expected to win comfortably, but sometimes a team can be fortified through adversity and find something unexpected, which I think was the case with the Titans tonight.
It was certainly not the greatest of games: so many forward passes - it drives me crazy someone running onto the ball being too early! Round 1, round 26 it simply shouldn't happen that many times.
Still, I got a lot of positives out of it (maybe because my expectations for this season are quite low?!):
Siro looks like he could be in for a good year. Starting to look like a beast too.
Tedesco didn't do an ACL or break a patella!
Lovett looks promising.
I thought Moses was alright (contrary to popular opinion!). He looked pretty comfortable and, for the first time, I think he does show promise and was impressed with his defence.
Tapau's burying that guy in the first half was awesome!

Naiqama looks great and I can't wait to see him do a 'mid-80s backup dancer' try celebration!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud6sU3AclT4

Thank god for Pat 'the dog' Richards!

vlad

Post by vlad » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 3:53 am

foreveratiger wrote: i just find Sue very lazy.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 6:39 am

Gold Vlad!!!!
After the last 3 seasons we've had, were in no position to be fussy on how we win. I'll cop an ugly win over a pretty loss any day.

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 7:34 am

I thought Woods was terrific, and I am sometimes critical of him. Brooks and Moses?...a work in progress I hope. They sure didn't stand out last night. Santi was involved and solid.

razor7

Post by razor7 » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 8:23 am

Defence was good. Have never been able to see what Jesse Sue brings to the team. Brooks defence was better than last year but he is a long way from a top shelf first grade half back at this point in time. Too many wrong options.Yes he's young and will improve but he's what we've got, right here right now for the season.New guys Santi, Lovett and Naqaima all went well. Refereeing was woeful.Will Drinkwater come up or will Sirro play 5/8 with a forward replacement for him?

Joe's Tigers

Post by Joe's Tigers » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 10:14 am

People calm down its only round 1. The Tigers won and got the 2 points. Sure the win wasn't pretty but a wins a win. The NRL is like a Melbourne cup, you have to pace yourself and keep in touch with the leaders and then with the finishing line in sight make your move to win the whole damn thing.

The Tigers best is yet to come. I'm confident the Tigers will be right in this when the whips are cracking.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 10:27 am

I was dissapointed with Moses attack but man his defense was bang on.

All the boys defended well.

And our pigs were great, we looked bigger than them and made metres right up the guts quite easily.Lodge,Woods,Sauce and Taupau are beasts.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 10:39 am

How many more "calm down's" am I going to read?

It's a footy forum where you get to have your two bob's worth.

Come on, please someone tell me to excite up!

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Roysta59

Post by Roysta59 » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 10:51 am

Positives: It was round 1 and we were very rusty: No injuries
We had 2 tries bombed which would of changed the whole outlook of the game:
All front rowers played well
Sirro ran hard and defended really well - Hoping a big year from him
Farah didn't overplay his hand
Sue tackled hard but only had a few chances to run (short ball with defenders on him both times)
Backs - Wingers and teddy did well with limited chances and no mistakes
Kyle played well, great first up game - Simona had great hands and moved the ball well - love to see him in more space
Half's - I little quiet but a game full of mistakes and handovers/penalties its difficult to set up plays/get a rhythm
Bench: Lodge played well/hard, Santi is a tackling machine and did well, Ava got a head knock, Dene had limited chances but looks too small for back row (play hooker for a little) Coach likes him in the team for his experience and talk.
Negatives: Too many mistakes (first game was like that for other teams too)
Felt like we could of put a few more on them but we didn't have that killer instinct/touch
We couldn't set any plays up as forward would make 2 or 3 great runs than - Bang ...mistake or penalty.
Defence of ok in patches as we gave them loads of sets back to back
Anyway a win is a win as they say (and we are in the top 8 already ha ha) - we will know more after next Monday
Lets give them a few weeks before we bring out the swords.
On another note - if Drinkwater comes in and plays well (which he has been doing) will Moses walk back in??)

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 10:57 am

Roysta59 wrote: Farah didn't overplay his hand
YEP!!

think he did overplay his hand in the opp 20 but i felt it benefitted us today.

however, farah started the same way in the 2nd game last year as well..
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble