Worrying signs

GNR4LIFE

Re: Worrying signs

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 1:59 am

We'd want to improve a hell of a lot by 2 weeks tomorrow, cos the premiers will beat us by 50. They beat the Broncos by 30, who are stronger than us, so where will that leave us if we don't improve?

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 2:00 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Several people. Clearly you haven't read much of what was being said on here during the week.

Turn negatives into positives as much as you like, it won't change the reality of where we're at.
1 from 1 is what I am seeing. Yeah, we really should be better than that I suppose. My bad.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 2:01 am

We should. Your bad indeed.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 2:08 am

Don't stress Gunther, it's not good for your health. It isn't like Teddy has been playing injury-free in his career and Brooks and Moses are 150 game veterans-we are a young inexperienced team that found a way to win when it counted. That will do for this week, next week we will have to improve and probably will. No need to look for the razorblades ATM IMO.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 2:43 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:We should. Your bad indeed.
We should be better than 1 from 1? Sheesh you are a hard marker some would say..

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 4:02 am

the broncs are rubbish this year, sir wayne will have his work cut out for him.

yeti

Post by yeti » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 5:33 am

There is certainly a lot of room for improvement. But there is a lot to work with as well. Defence was good on the whole, but our attack certainly lacked penetration. But that goes for the Titans as well, who have a very good backline and still had a pretty strong forward pack (even without Bird and Taylor). I think it's easy to forget just how young our halves are. Moses looks like a kid out there. But he gives it a red hot go. I can't see us making the 8 on that display, but there are going to be 8 teams at the end of round 1 that their fans could be saying the same thing about! I'm reasonably satisfied with that display.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 7:33 am

Lucky we got 20 weeks or so to work on our worrying signs...dont wanna peak too soon.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 7:51 am

Its a difference in coaching.

I thought Potter had us firing earlier last year, we hit the ground running with a simple forward and bench game.

Taylor has stripped it all back and changed so much that it is going to take time to find our best form. Im confident though that unlike last year we will improve each and every game and when we find our best form will be a better all round team.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 8:13 am

We were abysmal in Round 1 last year. Got towelled up by a Dragons side that did little for the rest of the year.

This was a big improvement on that. Does our attack need work, yes? But there is starch in our defence this year that has previously been lacking.

The attack will come.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 8:17 am

It certainly didn't excite me into any false illusions. We were ordinary against an ordinary team. We need to improve big time.

spearby

Post by spearby » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 8:30 am

it is going to be a long slow season for the wests tigers faithful

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 8:32 am

After watching games that have been played so far this weekend the Tigers just do not have the forwards that can match the power plays that other clubs can . There is a lot
of expectations being thrust upon this side by all quarters, there will be some great moments for sure but reality is if they can finish mid table that will be an achievement,I must say there are some very average forwards in this side and Taupau should come off the bench for my take on the subject ...JT has a massive job and whether he has the stuff to make the hard decisions remains to be seen already there is one that has to be made and fast !

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 8:42 am

Defense was well organized and willing, the attack was poor, but I would not be to worried just yet. Brooks seemed to be struggling but on the other hand Moses seemed to be where any spark was coming from.

Next week will be a step up and than the Rabbits will be a very good indication where we are at the following week

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 8:42 am

We were poor however there were some positives. Woods, Galloway & Taupua out there together are a lethal combination. Taupau made a heap of mistakes and hopefully he drops those mistakes from his game. Sironen looks like he could be a dominant backrower. Simona again looked dangerous.

Tedesco still looks like he is a champion player but he was extremely quite. I think Moses looks good but he needs to do more. Brooks wasn't bad but he had way too many mistakes and Robbie was quite. I think our whole spin has a lot of improvement in them and the biggest area of potential improvement. I think if those guys get it together we will improve a lot as a team.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 8:45 am

I don't understand the argument that it's only round 1 when we had the whole summer to get it right. I think some are just trying to turn negatives into positives by saying a win is a win. And as far as peaking goes, it's not peaking by looking impressive in round 1. You want to get off to a strong start. After a nights sleep, my opinion hasn't changed that it's a concern that we wouldn't have beaten anyone else last night

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 8:57 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:I don't understand the argument that it's only round 1 when we had the whole summer to get it right. I think some are just trying to turn negatives into positives by saying a win is a win. And as far as peaking goes, it's not peaking by looking impressive in round 1. You want to get off to a strong start. After a nights sleep, my opinion hasn't changed that it's a concern that we wouldn't have beaten anyone else last night
I have to say I agree here , that was a very very poor performance last night I was expecting something else entirely ..not a top 4 showing but certainly a bit more fluid to say the least. The team is a work in progress no doubt but we as supporters will have to be more realalistic with our expectations or there will be many disappointed , and I doubt we would of beaten anyone else last night and maybe gotten off to a start that could of been very embarrassing.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 9:04 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Several people. Clearly you haven't read much of what was being said on here during the week.

Turn negatives into positives as much as you like, it won't change the reality of where we're at.
I was one of those people.

I thought the Gold Coast would fold and roll over to be honest. They really took it to the tigers all game, and punched well above their weight.

I also said when the Titans named their side that they have the kind of nobodies we have to the casual fan. We know our lads are good, but no one else does. I sat In front of a one eyed Titans supporter last night, who sounded EXACTLY like we all do pumping up his fringe players - "oh Lachlan Burr is one to watch, he did xyz playing for xyz team" just sounded so familiar.... ??

I'm summary the Titans put in 100%. Our lot put in about 80% And got away with it. Bring on the Dragons.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3