Worrying signs

Geo.

Re: Worrying signs

Post by Geo. » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 4:31 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:The reality is that we are a long long way off. Finishing in the bottom half of the 8 will take a massive effort based on tonight.
Hold on a tic...was Manly's effort that of a top 8 team...yet it is silly to right them off after 1 game yet Wests won and are a long way off based on that effort...something does not compute...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 5:30 pm

Except Manly have a track record of being a perennial top 8 side and rising when the chips are down. We don't.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 6:00 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote: What raised questions for me was the first interchange of Santi for Taupau and the timing for the resting of Robbie. Outside of that, I suppose I was hoping we would change the manner we play in the ruck [I want Props going down the park; Backrowers sticking to their edges], but it still looks like we continue with all forwards playing tight.
Taupa went off for a concussion test, that's why Santi came on so early and for such a short timeframe.

Remember Ava also went off concussed so we were left with only one bench prop in the rotation.
ok... Didnt realise that was why Taupau was first interchanged.

ta
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 6:49 pm

All you need to do is win the games in the early part of the season. The only two teams who are probably specials to make the eight are the Roosters and Souths - based purely on there ridiculously strong rosters. If we win 4 of our first seven games no -one will be still thinking about how we beat the Titans but rather that we are in a position to have a crack, if we can maintain some form and momentum. Got the job done yesterday and that's all that really matters atm.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 7:23 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Except Manly have a track record of being a perennial top 8 side and rising when the chips are down. We don't.
Yea and they also had a tight knit unit and forwards who were tough and smart ( Stewart and Watmough - well Stewart is smart). They look and act like a team on the slide.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 8:11 pm

diedpretty wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Except Manly have a track record of being a perennial top 8 side and rising when the chips are down. We don't.
Yea and they also had a tight knit unit and forwards who were tough and smart ( Stewart and Watmough - well Stewart is smart). They look and act like a team on the slide.
One can only hope :pray:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 10:18 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Several people. Clearly you haven't read much of what was being said on here during the week.

Turn negatives into positives as much as you like, it won't change the reality of where we're at.

Reality at this point in time is....Tigers got the win in round one .Tigers sit 8th on the lader for this week. So lets enjoy It :)

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 10:46 pm

Fade To Black wrote:Don't stress Gunther, it's not good for your health. It isn't like Teddy has been playing injury-free in his career and Brooks and Moses are 150 game veterans-we are a young inexperienced team that found a way to win when it counted. That will do for this week, next week we will have to improve and probably will. No need to look for the razorblades ATM IMO.

Totally agree FTB. Good win by our boys. Titans had a lot of good ,experienced players in their team. It was never going to be an easy win in my book. We are a young inexperienced side, and our halfs are barely out of their teens, with very little first grade experience.At these stage we'll have a few wins, but there will be a lot of losses. It's to be expected for now. Patience is needed at this early stage.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 10:54 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:More upside in Wests than Gold Coast. One could argue Bird and Taylor will have a negative effect on the Titans if/when they return.

Defence won the match and the team should be happy with their efforts. Some players have clearly done some work over the season and some holes have been plugged namely Moses, Brooks and Sironen. Moses took out that front rower close to the line about 3 times before he did score and that try was mainly due to us not having numbers. Brooks did some great shots close to the line.

With confidence in our defence, I watched the match with the expectation our attack would finally overhaul the lead. Attack was where we looked rusty and it was all about timing and this always happens in the early rounds - we made some good plays with forward passes. Interesting though that Taylor has Brooks and Moses on either side of the field. Perhaps that may change over the course of the season as I understand these two players have a good combination.

Our finish to the match was clinical. Gold Coast had two or three cracks to get the FG, we had one set and closed it out. Very professional.

In summary, the Gold Coast team turned up, played with emotion and a young team came away with the win. Can't ask for much more.
Good post Gary.