Sue struggled

larrycorowa

Sue struggled

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 12:31 pm

Looked like sue struggled in the wide backrow position. He looked like he was playing much wider than last year.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 12:37 pm

Lawrence in the back row and leave Kev N in the backs.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 12:39 pm

I really think "struggled" and "disappointed" being thrown around in other threads is being overly harsh. He racked up a decent amount of tackles with no misses, and sure he didnt make many metres, but the ball he did get he was in heavy traffic. He can only run off the ball he is given. Maybe he could inject himself more into the attack, though as I said some of the terminology used to describe his game is overly harsh. I too would like to see more of him with ball in hand, but he wasnt struggling, and I was in no way disappointed with his efforts.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 12:42 pm

Black'n'White wrote:I really think "struggled" and "disappointed" being thrown around in other threads is being overly harsh. He racked up a decent amount of tackles with no misses, and sure he didnt make many metres, but the ball he did get he was in heavy traffic. He can only run off the ball he is given. Maybe he could inject himself more into the attack, though as I said some of the terminology used to describe his game is overly harsh. I too would like to see more of him with ball in hand, but he wasnt struggling, and I was in no way disappointed with his efforts.
he struggled in attack especially after some great efforts we saw in 2013. last year was hampered by injuries, but youd expect him to hit his stride this year.

he will undoubtedly keep his position, 35 tackles (i think) is a great effort and really holding our D together.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 1:39 pm

Yeah thought he was average. Lovett would be putting a lot of pressure on him.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

LaT

Post by LaT » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 1:41 pm

Updated stats from nrlstats say 26 tackles (3rd most for us) with no penalties conceded, no missed tackles and no errors.

Being at the game I was of the opinion that he didn't get much done on a 2nd look he seems to have been solid enough.

I'm sure he will start to get a few more runs in as the season gets on.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 1:51 pm

I should have been more specific.....he struggled in attack. Didnt see much of him except for a few runs out wide where he was mostly ineffective compared with Kapow and Sirro

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 2:48 pm

If Blair had put up his numbers last night everyone would be all over it.

yeti

Post by yeti » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 3:07 pm

Without having seen a replay, my impression out at the game was that he was quite solid. It wasn't a good game for attack in general. Too many errors from both teams stifled any momentum.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 3:36 pm

I think he will retain his spot. The game was very stop start with refs blowing the peas out of their whistles for the first 20 minutes.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 4:00 pm

Got to have the workers - I thought he was solid. I'll admit I am a fan though.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 4:04 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:If Blair had put up his numbers last night everyone would be all over it.
On 500k and an international......NOT!

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 4:07 pm

Not sold on Sue just yet...
Would love to see him go full circle and be a success.
Feel the same way about Sita & Fine too, but still waiting, see what happens.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 4:08 pm

Blair could cure cancer and people would complain.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 4:27 pm

Sue needs to make more progress. I think he will get there. Last night was a hard game to judge as it was generally a scrappy affair.

However, from the trials and the short stint he had last night, Ava looks to have taken his game up a notch. We need the same from Sue.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 5:07 pm

Black'n'White wrote:I really think "struggled" and "disappointed" being thrown around in other threads is being overly harsh. He racked up a decent amount of tackles with no misses, and sure he didnt make many metres, but the ball he did get he was in heavy traffic. He can only run off the ball he is given. Maybe he could inject himself more into the attack, though as I said some of the terminology used to describe his game is overly harsh. I too would like to see more of him with ball in hand, but he wasnt struggling, and I was in no way disappointed with his efforts.
This sums up what I reckon B and W. I watched the match again just then and he really was in traffic every time he got the ball. Defence was very sound. We have seen what he can do; probably wont be long until he puts in some damaging attack.

LaT

Post by LaT » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 6:08 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:If Blair had put up his numbers last night everyone would be all over it.
Yes, if a marquee signing had done those numbers people might be upset.

Well spotted.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 7:11 pm

LaT wrote:
Yes, if a marquee signing had done those numbers people might be upset.

Well spotted.
Just because Sue isn't a marquee doesn't make it any better for him to put up those numbers. I barely even noticed him in the first half.