Sue struggled

Winnipeg

Re: Sue struggled

Post by Winnipeg » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 7:26 pm

I think we need more from our back row in attack.

Taupau can make breaks, Sirro looked dangerous without ever really busting the line, I think we need Sue to also step up.

If he can’t take the next step, maybe look to Liolevave or Funaki.

Sue plays better in tight, maybe better suited to be a lock, but we have plenty of options there too.

LaT

Post by LaT » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 7:28 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:
LaT wrote:
Marshall_magic wrote:If Blair had put up his numbers last night everyone would be all over it.
Yes, if a marquee signing had done those numbers people might be upset.

Well spotted.
Just because Sue isn't a marquee doesn't make it any better for him to put up those numbers. I barely even noticed him in the first half.
It kinda does matter if a marquee player can't do better than a guy still learning his trade. Value for money matters, if we are spending a larger part of our cap on a player then we should expect better value then a guy taking up a smaller slice.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 8:14 pm

LaT wrote:
Marshall_magic wrote:
LaT wrote:
Marshall_magic wrote:If Blair had put up his numbers last night everyone would be all over it.
Yes, if a marquee signing had done those numbers people might be upset.

Well spotted.
Just because Sue isn't a marquee doesn't make it any better for him to put up those numbers. I barely even noticed him in the first half.
It kinda does matter if a marquee player can't do better than a guy still learning his trade. Value for money matters, if we are spending a larger part of our cap on a player then we should expect better value then a guy taking up a smaller slice.
Sue played 4 nations last year, is in his 3rd season of first grade and is in the starting line up. He should be doing better.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 8:19 pm

I was at the game and he really did struggle out there , you see more in the background when your there .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 8:38 pm

I thought he went OK from the TV I was looking at playing wide and according to JTs instructions by the look of it.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 8:45 pm

He was not noticed much from where I was viewing at the local rissole

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 8:49 pm

Perhaps he needs a crazy new 'Hairstyle'...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

LaT

Post by LaT » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 10:16 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:
LaT wrote:
Marshall_magic wrote:
LaT wrote: Yes, if a marquee signing had done those numbers people might be upset.

Well spotted.
Sue played 4 nations last year, is in his 3rd season of first grade and is in the starting line up. He should be doing better.
He played for Samoa and has 30 odd first grade games under his belt. You entering Adam Blair into this thread is ridiculous.

Lets not lose focus that this is R1.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 10:28 pm

This thread is the next "Richards is a liability"

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 10:14 am

I thought Sue lacked impact in defence and attack.
Santi and Lovett will be pushing for his spot if he is not more effective in the coming weeks.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 11:10 am

35 tackles without a miss is pretty good. Didn't get a lot of opportunities with the ball either. And was out there while they had 60% possession in the first half, and off for some of the time we were in control in the 2nd. Perspective people.

Yes he needs to make more metres but it'll be 4-5 weeks in before Taylor looks at any non injury based changes...

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 11:27 am

Looking at some of the other packs over the weekend have we the pack to hold our own, to me we seemed to be a bit one out very few off loads don't get me wrong the boys stuck to it but to me something just did not gell.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 11:55 am

Balmain Boy wrote:35 tackles without a miss is pretty good. Didn't get a lot of opportunities with the ball either. And was out there while they had 60% possession in the first half, and off for some of the time we were in control in the 2nd. Perspective people.

Yes he needs to make more metres but it'll be 4-5 weeks in before Taylor looks at any non injury based changes...
His defensive work rate was pretty good, no doubt, Id like to see him win the tackle more often though.

IM not going to right him off after one game, but Id like to see more from him.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 12:11 pm

Goose wrote:I thought Sue lacked impact in defence and attack.
Santi and Lovett will be pushing for his spot if he is not more effective in the coming weeks.
I have to agree with you on this goose , very ineffective in defence and towards the end a lot of shirt grabbing .
He seemed to struggle with the pace of the game .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 1:24 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Goose wrote:I thought Sue lacked impact in defence and attack.
I have to agree with you on this goose , very ineffective in defence and towards the end a lot of shirt grabbing .
He seemed to struggle with the pace of the game .
you couldn't be more wrong in your assessment in defense.
he had 1 tackle that he met head on and with the twist he ended up with the jersey in a 3 man tackle.that was it.
he had 10 tackles where the player was turned on his back.

with taylor focusing on defense he would be more than happy with his work rate in defense and his execution.

he played the first 50min and then came on in the last 4min so it is no surprise people didn't notice him when they only saw him for 4min in the last half hour.
first half was hard for him to get involved in attack.the game plan was obvious with woods,galloway and tapau leading the first 3 forward hit ups.when tapau came off santi was the third to get the ball 2 off the ruck.
add in the mistakes the team came up with and you don't get alot of opportunities some times.
he did come into the middle at one stage to try and get a few touches but ended up more in the way.

Angry Tiger 1

Post by Angry Tiger 1 » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 8:21 pm

Yeah I don't think Sue is picked for his ability to break the line. He did his job. I can't remember him dropping any ball in game 1, but I could be wrong.

yeti

Post by yeti » Mon 09 Mar, 2015 8:26 pm

tiger jim wrote:Looking at some of the other packs over the weekend have we the pack to hold our own, to me we seemed to be a bit one out very few off loads don't get me wrong the boys stuck to it but to me something just did not gell.
There was a lot of one out running one off the ruck - but being round 1, I'm assuming that the boys preferred to play it safe and make as few mistakes as possible. I would expect our attack to start taking shape in the next few weeks.