clutch plays

simonthetiger

clutch plays

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 2:06 pm

Just watched the game again and i was elated to see two of our most maligned players really stand up and make a difference right at the end when it was in the balance.

Siro nailed Mortimer when they had an overlap and looked likely.....and then when we needed to get close to their line for a drop goal made about 15 metres right up the guts and a quick play the ball.

And big Sauce was all over it.....nailed a charge down when the game looked lost....just brilliant,then he smashed Myles who lost the ball just as they looked likely to FG again......and then he did the last run b4 we got our drop goal,ten metres and then the quickest play the ball he has ever done.

Just great stuff from our pigs!!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 2:24 pm

I think thats the first time in the clubs history Ive seen us slot a f/g in a deadlock, in such a cool, professional and clearly rehearsed manner...funny I was only thinking about this to myself before the game too...hoping JT had worked on setting for f/g's

Good work

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 2:31 pm

I don't get the hate towards Galloway and Sironen. They are big boys who smash it up. Exactly what we need.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 2:33 pm

innsaneink wrote:I think thats the first time in the clubs history Ive seen us slot a f/g in a deadlock, in such a cool, professional and clearly rehearsed manner...funny I was only thinking about this to myself before the game too...hoping JT had worked on setting for f/g's

Good work
Taylor said in the press conference they had done zero work on field goals.

He said it was just credit to the blokes out there for setting up that play.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 08 Mar, 2015 2:49 pm

Looked pretty smooth and practised to me