App for iOS?

Post any issues or requests with the site here.
Bob
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

App for iOS?

Unread post by Bob » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 1:02 pm

Not sure if this is the right spot. Just wondering if there was any thoughts to bringing the app back? It was great and I loved it.

I understand that you guys do the vast majority of this website for nothing, it’s very appreciated. Maybe we could throw in another appeal alongside the standard forum appeal to help pay for the development of an app if someone has the skill set?

What would be ball park figure to aim for do you think? Is it in the realm of possibility? What are the biggest hurdles?

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 335 times

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 1:36 pm

Bob wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 1:02 pm
Not sure if this is the right spot. Just wondering if there was any thoughts to bringing the app back? It was great and I loved it.

I understand that you guys do the vast majority of this website for nothing, it’s very appreciated. Maybe we could throw in another appeal alongside the standard forum appeal to help pay for the development of an app if someone has the skill set?

What would be ball park figure to aim for do you think? Is it in the realm of possibility? What are the biggest hurdles?
This may answer your question bob..
Kul wrote:
Mon 27 Apr, 2015 9:22 am
RoarFEED is no long available on the App Store (iPhone).

Since the website upgrade earlier this year, the responsive design on the site makes it better than RoarFEED for IOS.
It costs a few hundred bucks for me to publish RoarFEED on the App Store plus all the development time. The whole idea of RoarFEED was to have a user-friendly interfaces to the forum on the iPhone; the responsive design on the forum now achieves just that.

RoarFEED will still work for anyone who has downloaded it before it became unavailable.

I will just no long develop it any further - it's not worth it anymore and I don't have the time.

although, never say never. If the phpbb development team come out with a suitable native API then i'll look at RoarFEED 5.
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Bob
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Bob » Fri 13 Oct, 2017 12:38 am

Thanks

Return to “Site Issues and Feedback”