Website Updates and Changes

Post any issues or requests with the site here.
User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25012
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 135 times

Re: Website Updates and Changes

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 25 Feb, 2017 6:38 am

A couple of issues since the upgrade

Android.

I can see all the authors in this thread in quoted boxes in quoted boxes etc... But in more recent threads it's just " instead of user names.

Also tapping on a thread from main menu always takes me to the OP... Not the last read post


User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24682
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 257 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sat 25 Feb, 2017 8:03 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 25 Feb, 2017 6:38 am
A couple of issues since the upgrade

Android.

I can see all the authors in this thread in quoted boxes in quoted boxes etc... But in more recent threads it's just " instead of user names.

Also tapping on a thread from main menu always takes me to the OP... Not the last read post
I believe Kul is still working on the Upgrade..things should be back to normal in the next few days..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
Kul
Member
Member
Posts: 5736
Joined: Sat 04 Jul, 2009 12:24 am
Location: Balmain
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Kul » Sat 25 Feb, 2017 8:31 am

Links should be sweet now

User avatar
Kul
Member
Member
Posts: 5736
Joined: Sat 04 Jul, 2009 12:24 am
Location: Balmain
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Kul » Sat 25 Feb, 2017 8:33 am

Geo. wrote:
Sat 25 Feb, 2017 8:03 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 25 Feb, 2017 6:38 am
A couple of issues since the upgrade

Android.

I can see all the authors in this thread in quoted boxes in quoted boxes etc... But in more recent threads it's just " instead of user names.

Also tapping on a thread from main menu always takes me to the OP... Not the last read post
I believe Kul is still working on the Upgrade..things should be back to normal in the next few days..

One of the big changes in this version is nested quoting. It means we won't have endless quoting strings, plus if someone edits the original post it also updates the quote.

I think I just need to update the style template of this site show the username properly... it's there but it's "hidden"; I'll do this over the coming week.

User avatar
Swordy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1657
Joined: Fri 02 Jul, 2010 9:34 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by Swordy » Sat 25 Feb, 2017 8:34 am

Appreciate the work youre doing Kul. Some take this all for granted. It takes effort and without it, where else would we go to remain in touch.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!


jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2234
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Sat 25 Feb, 2017 8:51 am

You are doing a fantastic job Kul and as Swordy has said you are giving us 1 location to talk about our club.We all have different perspectives of what we believe is right for the club but we all want our club to be the best.This forum helps us in that regard.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2234
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Mon 27 Feb, 2017 7:26 am

It may be coincidence but this morning there are half a dozen spamming threads as topics one even in what looks like russian.Has the security level changed since the update because i seem to remember the same thing happened to us years ago.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4941
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Mon 27 Feb, 2017 7:34 am

jadtiger wrote:
Mon 27 Feb, 2017 7:26 am
It may be coincidence but this morning there are half a dozen spamming threads as topics one even in what looks like russian.Has the security level changed since the update because i seem to remember the same thing happened to us years ago.
I'm getting new posters who joined yesterday and their link is clash of the titans..I don't play computer games and I don't know how they got on here...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24682
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 257 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 27 Feb, 2017 7:38 am

Yeah guys Wests Tigers are very popular in Russia ATM it was always Sheens Dream..

Mods can't be on 24/7 so bear with it for now..it will be rectified in due course...it is just as much a pain in the arse for us...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2234
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Mon 27 Feb, 2017 7:39 am

Geo. wrote:
Mon 27 Feb, 2017 7:38 am
Yeah guys Wests Tigers are very popular in Russia ATM it was always Sheens Dream..

Mods can't be on 24/7 so bear with it for now..it will be rectified in due course...it is just as much a pain in the arse for us...
Mate no problem i just wanted to make them aware of the situation if they didnt know

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24682
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 257 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 27 Feb, 2017 7:42 am

jadtiger wrote:
Mon 27 Feb, 2017 7:39 am
Geo. wrote:
Mon 27 Feb, 2017 7:38 am
Yeah guys Wests Tigers are very popular in Russia ATM it was always Sheens Dream..

Mods can't be on 24/7 so bear with it for now..it will be rectified in due course...it is just as much a pain in the arse for us...
Mate no problem i just wanted to make them aware of the situation if they didnt know
Thanks jad...you can also report a post/topic if we miss anything..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 6712
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by Sabre » Mon 27 Feb, 2017 9:34 am

Geo. wrote:
Mon 27 Feb, 2017 7:38 am
Yeah guys Wests Tigers are very popular in Russia ATM it was always Sheens Dream..
Roman Ovchinnikov must be spreading the word about Wests Tigers back in Russia.
Maybe he still isn't happy we never gave him an NRL debut.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 15910
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 27 Feb, 2017 10:48 am

Can't see who is being quoted either, probably been brought up 100 times already though.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

User avatar
Kul
Member
Member
Posts: 5736
Joined: Sat 04 Jul, 2009 12:24 am
Location: Balmain
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Kul » Mon 27 Feb, 2017 10:54 am

I've adjusted the spambot countermeasures

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 4324
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by Snake » Mon 27 Feb, 2017 11:54 am

I was concerned earlier today as I am in NYC and thought my phone had been hacked by the Russian mafia...all good ,go Tigers this weekend listing Very early morning.

User avatar
Kul
Member
Member
Posts: 5736
Joined: Sat 04 Jul, 2009 12:24 am
Location: Balmain
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Kul » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 12:54 pm

Okay, the updated style sheet was applied.
Quotes and stuff should now work.

There are a few tweaks that I need to make, like spacing, but I'll make them over the next few days

thanks for your patience

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18497
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 154 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 12:56 pm

The time and date being shown in quoted posts is a nice touch.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 15910
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 1:03 pm

Great to see the quotes have had the corresponding posters name attached to them again.

Cheers Kul.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Post Reply

Return to “Site Issues and Feedback”